• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad [consumated marriage] with a 9-year-old

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in another thread which was apparently (well OK was) the wrong place to post it. Aymen Amir invited me to post it elsewhere and so here it is:

Muhammad [consumated marriage]* with a 9-year-old.

Last edited by a moderator:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I posted this in another thread which was apparently (well OK was) the wrong place to post it. Aymen Amir invited me to post it elsewhere and so here it is:

May you please show us your evidences that this story is true,how should i believe such a story before 1400 years ago,is that an evidence that she was really at 9,why not 25 or even over.

For example,the prophet didn't marry till the age of 25,and the one he married her was at age of over 40 years and he loved her that he didn't marry for some years after her then you are telling us he married a child,you aren't speaking about the news of today,but that stories are old enough that only stupids may want to believe.

InvestigateTruth

I have already responded to this in that thread.

Because the culture Muhammad lived in didn't care about the well being of women or children. Neither did Muhammad.

Did you know that even in North America and Europe, women did not have the right to vote, till just a few decades ago?

Last edited:
May you please show us your evidences that this story is true,how should i believe such a story before 1400 years ago,is that an evidence that she was really at 9,why not 25 or even over.

For example,the prophet didn't marry till the age of 25,and the one he married her was at age of over 40 years and he loved her that he didn't marry for some years after her then you are telling us he married a child,you aren't speaking about the news of today,but that stories are old enough that only stupids may want to believe.

I invite any Muslim to contradict it. Put it this way, why would they have invented a story about him marrying a 6-year old (and consummating at 9)?

Source:
Wikipedia

And an Islamic source:
Prophet Muhammad's Marriage with our Mother Aisha

Muhammad was a historical figure and saying we can't know anything about him is like saying we can't know whether Julius Caesar was assassinated or died of a heart attack.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I invite any Muslim to contradict it. Put it this way, why would they have invented a story about him marrying a 6-year old (and consummating at 9)?

Source:
Wikipedia

And an Islamic source:
Prophet Muhammad's Marriage with our Mother Aisha

Muhammad was a historical figure and saying we can't know anything about him is like saying we can't know whether Julius Caesar was assassinated or died of a heart attack.

is Wikkipedia and historic stories of around 1400 years ago,your evidence.:facepalm:
:sarcastic asking me to contradict a story happened before that long time.

Yes it is very normal many stories goes around a historical figure which we can't know for sure that it was true,i won't go stupid to discuss such nonsense.

Pastek

Sunni muslim

Many hadiths contradict the fact that she was 9

You just need to know more about the more important dates in Islam, and you'll find easily that it's not true

If you really want to know and not just start another thread about that story to charge Muhammad, then you have your answer here :

[youtube]AbZXYzPJLAk[/youtube]
Age de Aicha (RA) lors de son mariage avec le Prophete PSSL.avi - YouTube

is Wikkipedia and historic stories of around 1400 years ago,your evidence. asking me to contradict a story happened before that long time.

Yes it is very normal many stories goes around a historical figure which we can't know for sure that it was true,i won't go stupid to discuss such nonsense.

I suppose the important fact is that most Muslims accept the story as stated and it is used to justify modern-day child marriages.

I have already responded to this in that thread.

Did you know that even in North America and Europe, women did not have the right to vote, till just a few decades ago?

InvestigateTruth did indeed respond to this here, and he/she justified sex with 9-year-olds with arguments like:

"Aishah was happy with Muhammad"
and
"
Apparently women at that time and place became mature earlier than now"

Those are the kinds of things you hear on To Catch a Predator: No really, she liked it! She's more mature than other girls her age!

InvestigateTruth

I suppose it is, how should I have a civil discussion about Muhammad having sexual intercourse with a 9-year-old girl

As I mentioned before, there is good possibility that girls at that time became mature earlier than now. How do you know that wasn't the case?

Even if for the sake of argument say, if it was wrong to have sex at that time with 9 year old, How do we know that Muhammad had sex with her at that age?
People saw?

InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth did indeed respond to this here, and he/she justified sex with 9-year-olds with arguments like:

"Aishah was happy with Muhammad"
and
"Apparently women at that time and place became mature earlier than now"

Those are the kinds of things you hear on To Catch a Predator: No really, she liked it! She's more mature than other girls her age!

I think your mind is too much focussed and obsessed on the sex part of this.

When I said she was happy, I mean, in general regarding being the wife of Prophet. She stayed a believer after the death of the prophet, and continued to teach Islam.
Which is a good evidence, that she find the character of the Prophet truthful and believed He was a prophet of God.

As I mentioned before, there is good possibility that girls at that time became mature earlier than now. How do you know that wasn't the case?

Even if for the sake of argument say, if it was wrong to have sex at that time with 9 year old, How do we know that Muhammad had sex with her at that age?
People saw?

It is the earliest story recorded by Muslim historians and is accepted by reputable scholars of Islam (i.e. not necessarily all random Muslim bloggers). In any case, it is accepted by a majority of Muslims and is used to justify modern day child marriage.

How mature can a 9-year-old possibly get? Do you mean with, like, a time machine? Or hormones? I believe the consensus is that girls are maturing at younger ages now than they used to.

I think your mind is too much focussed and obsessed on the sex part of this.

When I said she was happy, I mean, in general regarding being the wife of Prophet. She stayed a believer after the death of the prophet, and continued to teach Islam.
Which is a good evidence, that she find the character of the Prophet truthful and believed He was a prophet of God.

Again, I can imagine someone telling Chris Hanson on To Catch a Predator: "Your mind is too much focused on the sex part of this. We have a very loving relationship."

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I suppose the important fact is that most Muslims accept the story as stated and it is used to justify modern-day child marriages.

So what do you think about child sex abuse causes in the west,maybe the story of Mohammed pbuh

United States and Europe
Child sexual abuse occurs frequently in Western society.[140] The rate of prevalence can be difficult to determine.[141][142][143]
In the UK, a 2010 study estimated prevalence at about 5% for boys and 18% for girls[144] (not dissimilar to a 1985 study that estimated about 8% for boys and 12% for girls[145]). More than 23,000 incidents were recorded by the UK police between 2009 and 2010. Girls were six times more likely to be assaulted than boys with 86% of attacks taking place against them.[146][147] The estimates for the United States vary widely. A literature review of 23 studies found rates of 3% to 37% for males and 8% to 71% for females, which produced an average of 17% for boys and 28% for girls

Reference : Child sexual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May i ask you to please end your sickening ignorant thread

So what do you think about child sex abuse causes in the west,maybe the story of Mohammed pbuh

United States and Europe
Child sexual abuse occurs frequently in Western society.[140] The rate of prevalence can be difficult to determine.[141][142][143]
In the UK, a 2010 study estimated prevalence at about 5% for boys and 18% for girls[144] (not dissimilar to a 1985 study that estimated about 8% for boys and 12% for girls[145]). More than 23,000 incidents were recorded by the UK police between 2009 and 2010. Girls were six times more likely to be assaulted than boys with 86% of attacks taking place against them.[146][147] The estimates for the United States vary widely. A literature review of 23 studies found rates of 3% to 37% for males and 8% to 71% for females, which produced an average of 17% for boys and 28% for girls

Reference : Child sexual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May i ask you to please end your sickening ignorant thread

I would say that's also horrible. You're right,

Status
Not open for further replies.