• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mrscardero's first rpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero recently purchased a game for her PSP entitled PoPoLoCroix. After spending a few hours with it at work, she decided that it wasn't what she expected and was thinking about bringing back to the store. I did a little research on it and found out it was one of the games for the PSP that I would be interested in and offered to purchase it off of her and told her to put in on my video game pile.
She picked it up again and now is in it knee deep and a two days later a 30 hour plus video game is now on its way of being solved, all by herself in a matter of 3 days. At one time mrscardero just enjoyed watching me play these games, now she has taken it upon herself to go the whole distance. Here's wishing mrscardero takes on a few more titles and comes to enjoy the world of RPGs. I have recommended Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for DS as her next game.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
what can i say... except congrats Mrs. Cardero.... and:

FINAL FANTASY!!!!

Listen to this man Mrs. Cardero. He knows what he's talking about.

I suggest you start off with Final Fantasy 7, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) rpg's ever made. :D

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Listen to this man Mrs. Cardero. He knows what he's talking about.

I suggest you start off with Final Fantasy 7, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) rpg's ever made. :D

Final Fantasy 10 is the only rpg that comes close to its greatness

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Final Fantasy 10 is the only rpg that comes close to its greatness

i agree.... i really should play that game in English though. i brought it for reduced price while i was over in Germany, and i thought it said it had subtitles... well, it doesn't. so i completed it in German, and just haven't gotten round to buying an English version lol.

X-2 was rubbish in comparison, and actually i thought the whole battle system went downhill from there. 10 is the last one to keep to the proper, decent battle layout :( sure i'll admit 12 had a better battle system than x-2, but that's totally not the point.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
i agree.... i really should play that game in English though. i brought it for reduced price while i was over in Germany, and i thought it said it had subtitles... well, it doesn't. so i completed it in German, and just haven't gotten round to buying an English version lol.

X-2 was rubbish in comparison, and actually i thought the whole battle system went downhill from there. 10 is the last one to keep to the proper, decent battle layout :( sure i'll admit 12 had a better battle system than x-2, but that's totally not the point.

Yea I think 10 or 8 had the best battle systems. 10-2 was just complete rubbish. You really should get 10 in english, can easily pick it up for lik £5-10 preowned from somewhere like game or gamestation. I thought the battle system in 12 was good but I did prefer the old style.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I lost interest in Final Fantasy when it turned into an movie with a few playing breaks.
I do believe that it was Number seven for the PSOne when this hapened.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Mike182 said:
I played x-2 for about 2 hours and gave it up. It felt like a FF version of Charlie's Angels *shudder*

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Yea I think 10 or 8 had the best battle systems. 10-2 was just complete rubbish. You really should get 10 in english, can easily pick it up for lik £5-10 preowned from somewhere like game or gamestation. I thought the battle system in 12 was good but I did prefer the old style.

well, i'm reluctant to get 10 in English... i tried my save files on a friend's English version, and it isn't compatible.... i don't want to start again! i've gotten so far! everyone's celestial weapon (except for Wakka's, i suck at Blitzball), all the summons, broken HP limits and damage limits, stupidly high HP levels... i'm sure many of you feel my pain :eek:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
well, i'm reluctant to get 10 in English... i tried my save files on a friend's English version, and it isn't compatible.... i don't want to start again! i've gotten so far! everyone's celestial weapon (except for Wakka's, i suck at Blitzball), all the summons, broken HP limits and damage limits, stupidly high HP levels... i'm sure many of you feel my pain :eek:

Ouch that sucks dude. I really do feel your pain, that is an awful lot of work. How can you suck at Blitzball? It is so easy. I done it by losing the first two seasons then after that my dudes were better than theirs because I always used to same people so then I started to win.
Have you seen the trails for 13? It is supposed to be realised in December.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Ouch that sucks dude. I really do feel your pain, that is an awful lot of work. How can you suck at Blitzball? It is so easy. I done it by losing the first two seasons then after that my dudes were better than theirs because I always used to same people so then I started to win.
Have you seen the trails for 13? It is supposed to be realised in December.

no i haven't seen the trailer for 13... the reason why i suck at blitzball is because i couldn't figure it out... damn German... lol.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Ahh yea of course.

i mean, if i did start again with an English version, i could figure out blitzball, get to read some of the dialogues (i mean, come one, i get all the Al Bhed Primers just to translate Al Bhed into German :banghead3 )... but it took me 4 solid hours of hard work and stress to complete the chocobo race in under 0 seconds, and it took me twice that to dodge lightning.

not. going. though. that. again.

cardero

Citizen Mod
what can i say... except congrats Mrs. Cardero.... and:

FINAL FANTASY!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. The ones that they have for PSP is Final Fantasy 1 & 2. Nintendo DS has FF III & IV and Tactics but I don't think she would appreciate the strategy side of RPGing. I want to keep her portable. She would never sit in front of a TV by herself and play a RPG, though she was intereseted in watching when I played FF X and X.2.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I take it you discarded 6 too then? They had the same amount of cut scenes, only they weren't CGI. :D
I went from number two to number seven.
Haven't touched them since.

I found Oddworld to be a much better game.
As well as the Zelda, Pikimin, Knights of the Old Republic, Metroid, Castlevania, Mario, Madden... ...