• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Mary

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe mother Mary, the mother to Jesus is a holy soul. and i believe she is one of the greatest woman to have ever lived. I believe she was a virgin when she got pregnant with Jesus. And angel Gabriel spoke to her. She is also one of the queens in heaven

What do you believe about mother Mary?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
She was a woman who gave birth to a great teacher who is celebrated in Christianity as a result of her son's glorification.

As far as parthenogenesis, it simply doesn't occur in humans.

If we want to celebrate virgin births, perhaps we can worship the New Mexico Whiptail, the Komodo dragon, the freshwater water flea, the Bdelloidea rotifer, the marorkreb, the bonnethead shark, or the boa constrictor that were born of the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit. ;)

Starlight

She was a woman who gave birth to a great teacher who is celebrated in Christianity as a result of her son's glorification.

As far as parthenogenesis, it simply doesn't occur in humans.

If we want to celebrate virgin births, perhaps we can worship the New Mexico Whiptail, the Komodo dragon, the freshwater water flea, the Bdelloidea rotifer, the marorkreb, the bonnethead shark, or the boa constrictor that were born of the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit. ;)

I agree she gave birth to a great teacher

rstrats

eaven

Well, as far as scripture is concerned, there are only 3 times mentioned where the Messiah spoke to her. And He seemed to be a bit perturbed with her 2 of those times. The 3rd time He merely told her to look at her son.

Also, He only spoke 2 times with regard to what someone said about her and again His response couldn't be considered very flattering.
There just never seemed to be any warmth shown between them.

And then aside from the Messiah, there is the fact that other than Galatians 4:4 saying that the Messiah was born of a woman, none of the epistle writers ever mention her in any of their lettters, including the one to the church at Rome and the two by Peter.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe mother Mary, the mother to Jesus is a holy soul. and i believe she is one of the greatest woman to have ever lived. I believe she was a virgin when she got pregnant with Jesus. And angel Gabriel spoke to her. She is also one of the queens in heaven

it is related that she was one of the two divided when adam was separated from himself.

what love has joined together, let no man put asunder.

Jesus said, mother, I couldn't stay another day longer
He flies right by and leaves a kiss upon her face
While the angels were singing his praises in a blaze of glory
Mary stays behind and starts cleaning up the place. - Mary - Patty Griffin ft Natalie Maines

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I believe Mother Mary lives and appears in empty peanut cans with a musical accompaniment of Ava Maria playing in the background off some person's stereo assisted with religious imagery and burning candles while being filmed by someone not entirely there to begin with.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I know little about this figure. I do remember that when I was learning about the Bible as a kid (back when my folks were attempting to raise me Catholic) that I was patently unimpressed with the mythological women of the Bible just in general. They were all incredibly boring and pathetic to me. The lack of decent female role models in the Bible was a big part of what made me check out from Catholicism as a religion and rebel against it before hitting two figures of age. No offense intended.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I know little about this figure. I do remember that when I was learning about the Bible as a kid (back when my folks were attempting to raise me Catholic) that I was patently unimpressed with the mythological women of the Bible just in general. They were all incredibly boring and pathetic to me. The lack of decent female role models in the Bible was a big part of what made me check out from Catholicism as a religion and rebel against it before hitting two figures of age. No offense intended.
I don't think Judith was boring and pathetic, or Jael :grin: I find women like Hannah and Mary to be an inspiration, but I can see why some people wouldn't like how they are portrayed.

Some of the men are much worse, though. Figures like Samson, David, Solomon, etc. are not portrayed favourably, as many women are. I've never understood the David worship.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think Judith was boring and pathetic, or Jael :grin: I find women like Hannah and Mary to be an inspiration, but I can see why some people wouldn't like how they are portrayed.

Some of the men are much worse, though. Figures like Samson, David, Solomon, etc. are not portrayed favourably, as many women are. I've never understood the David worship.
So I think what probably happened is the Sunday School teachers were... selective about which women they talked to us about. They picked all the boring ones. Which - when I was growing up with Xena: Warrior Princess and sci-fi/fantasy novels - was kind of a mistake. In general I just found the Bible boring compared to the sci-fi/fantasy stuff and science books I was reading. They had a marketing problem.... haha.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
She is also one of the queens in heaven

Who do you believe are some other queens in Heaven? Perhaps Guanyin (or Kwan Im as she is called in Indonesian)?

Currently, I do not have any particular beliefs about Mother Mary. I can say that I think she is an interesting figure. If I could meet her, I would ask her many questions about herself and her son. :)

Starlight

Who do you believe are some other queens in Heaven? Perhaps Guanyin (or Kwan Im as she is called in Indonesian)?

Currently, I do not have any particular beliefs about Mother Mary. I can say that I think she is an interesting figure. If I could meet her, I would ask her many questions about herself and her son. :)
Yes I believe many holy women is the queen of heaven

I also hope I will meet her in the afterlife, I would asked her many questions too