• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Violent Profession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not in the top 25.
Top 100 likely though.
I think you're going with ones where workers are get killed at highest rates.
This is violence amd being attacked. Specifically "incidence rate for nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses involving days away from work resulting from intentional injury by other person...."
Again, we aren't playing victim olympics.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The hospital I've been living at for the last few months has roughly 2 or 3 "Safety Support Team" assistance calls daily while I've been there (mind you that's only about 8 out of 24 hours). That team is a specific adaptive response to suicide, homicide and threat.

Several times. Daily. Last week an entire (12 person) police unit was dispatched to the hospital. The staff is understaffed, and undertrained on how to safely handle violent patients.

The health/behavioral care system in the US is in shambles.
It really is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you're going with ones where workers are get killed at highest rates.
This is violence amd being attacked. Specifically "incidence rate for nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses involving days away from work resulting from intentional injury by other person...."
Again, we aren't playing victim olympics.
The OP doesn't want us pursuing this.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So then the title of the thread and the OP of the thread are about two different topics and you want to stick with the OP topic and not the title topic?

If that's what makes it make sense for you sure.

If my title is that much of a problem I'll just have the mods delete my thread. I don't participate much in my threads anyways.

And I'm tired of ****ers bringing attention to this. It wasn't and is not the point of the thread as I've said repeatedly.

If your point in mentioning again, was to be a troll. Congratulations you win.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

***Mod Post***
Please keep all posts on topic and keep Rule 4 in mind while posting.

4. Soliciting/Advertising and Off-Topic Spam
Soliciting or advertising for any content outside of the forums, whether your own or that of another person or group, is prohibited, and may be deleted by the staff on sight. This rule applies to any content area of the forum, including but not limited to the chat room, forum posts, profile information, private conversations, and signatures. Special exception may be granted to promote content in keeping with the mission of RF, but requires advance permission from the RF staff.

Spam or off-topic content is also not allowed on the forums. This includes (but is not limited to) posting links or images without discussion-promoting commentary, having a signature that violates signature size guidelines, posting surveys without permission from the RF staff, posts that deviate significantly from a thread topic or its intent, repetitious non-conversational posts, and any other habits deemed spammy by the staff.

We Never Know

No Slack
Want real danger....trim trees.
Those things, especially angry Ents will get ya.
Danger by accidents vs danger by violence.
Two completely different scenarios

A tree trimmer has a higher rate of death/injury by accidents
A cop has a higher rate of death/injury by violence.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
The linked article doesn't make sense.

Excerpted...
Such attacks have helped make health care one of the nation's most violent fields. Data shows American health care workers now suffer more nonfatal injuries from workplace violence than workers in any other profession, including law enforcement.

Note that law enforcement isn't even in
the top 25 most dangerous jobs in USA.

Then the article offers this seeming
contradictory statement....
Other industries outpace health care for overall danger, including deaths.
No fatal injuries, deaths, and danger are all different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.