• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most recent cases and deaths of Covid-19 are unvaccinated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I always remember my statistics class where the teacher said, "You can make numbers say anything want it to say"
That's fun to say.
But the problem isn't with statistics.
It's with people who get the analysis wrong.

As I look at just this point, 99.75% were vaccinated. Just not as much as they wanted them vaccinated which means that most people hospitalized found that the vaccine wasn't very effective.

Then we find that the people who tested positive (like those hospitalized) were actually less in percentage that those who were hospitalized and, it would appear, they weren't placed into the hospital.

It also doesn't say how many of them actually contracted... was it just 10 out of 1,000? Apparently you can get "positive" with or without a vaccine.

So... looking at this group of statistics, it seems like it is better not to get vaccinated.
If your statistical analysis were cromulent, then we
should see this in our broad personal experience.
Yet of the great many vaccinated people I know, all
had no adverse reactions, nor a bad case of Covid 19.
But of the many anti-vax types, several have died, &
several had to be hospitalized, & several suffer from
Long Covid.

Statistical analysis of public health issues is complex,
& best done by epidemiologists, not gadflies like us,
with our imperfect info & limited understanding.
I recommend consulting Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic,
& others who have the more accurate picture.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I always remember my statistics class where the teacher said, "You can make numbers say anything want it to say"

Very true, and Mr. Kennedy demonstrates this in his dishonest manipulation of statistics..
As I look at just this point, 99.75% were vaccinated. Just not as much as they wanted them vaccinated which means that most people hospitalized found that the vaccine wasn't very effective.

Then we find that the people who tested positive (like those hospitalized) were actually less in percentage that those who were hospitalized and, it would appear, they weren't placed into the hospital.

It also doesn't say how many of them actually contracted... was it just 10 out of 1,000? Apparently you can get "positive" with or without a vaccine.

So... looking at this group of statistics, it seems like it is better not to get vaccinated.

You manipulate things like Mr.Kennedy. Look at the report again. The employees who were not vaccinated almost all tested positive and got Covid. Being fully vaccinated greatly reduced hospitalization. Reread the report carefully, and NOT with your manipulative dishonest bias..

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If your statistical analysis were cromulent, then we should see this in our broad personal experience. Yet of the great many vaccinated people I know, all had no adverse reactions, nor a bad case of Covid 19. But of the many anti-vax types, several have died, & several had to be hospitalized, & several suffer from
Long Covid.
And as you likely know, the cumulative data supports your anecdotal experience and impression (see below).
Statistical analysis of public health issues is complex, & best done by epidemiologists, not gadflies like us, with our imperfect info & understanding. I recommend consulting Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, & others who have the more accurate picture.
Yet this is data one can interpret himself directly with very little expertise in these matters. How sophisticated does one need to be to see that between Oct 2021 and April 2022, when herd immunity seems to have obtained, deaths clustered among the unvaccinated? Also, that while boosters helped, just the primary vaccination alone conferred a huge advantage.

1696261530772.png

Oh, well. Lots of Darwin awards in that period, or as one site named them, Herman Cain Awards in mock honor of the man who proudly attended an indoor Trump rally unvaccinated, contracted Covid there, and died from it. Covid thinned the herd differentially. It preyed preferentially on the immunocompromised (the elderly and those like Colin Powell with blood or bone marrow disease) and the vaccine deniers.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Have you ever looked at the disclaimer on the VAERS site? My god, I have been posting it for a couple of years now, but antivaxers are still stuck in the meme.

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events that occur following vaccination. Anyone, including Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS even if they are not sure if the vaccine was the cause. In some situations, reporting to VAERS is required of healthcare providers and vaccine manufacturers.​
VAERS reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. Reports to VAERS can also be biased. As a result, there are limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.​
I've posted this more times than I can count.
Apparently people can make their way to the site but utterly fail to read the disclaimer each and every time. :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And as you likely know, the cumulative data supports your anecdotal experience and impression (see below).

Yet this is data one can interpret himself directly with very little expertise in these matters. How sophisticated does one need to be to see that between Oct 2021 and June 2022, when herd immunity seems to have obtained, deaths clustered among the unvaccinated? Also, that while boosters helped, just the primary vaccination alone conferred a huge advantage.

View attachment 82925

Oh, well. Lots of Darwin awards in that period, or as one site named them, Herman Cain Awards in mock honor of the man who proudly attended an indoor Trump rally unvaccinated, contracted Covid there, and died from it. Covid thinned the herd differentially. It preyed preferentially on the immunocompromised (the elderly and those like Colin Powell with blood or bone marrow disease) and the vaccine deniers.
If one has enuf anecdotes, they become statistics.

Sophistication isn't necessary if one chooses
one's info sources very carefully. Alas, every
possible belief is justified somewhere on the
internet, TV, & radio.

Ebionite

Mr. Kennedy is a dangerous conspiracy theory idiot and an unreliable source. His statements are distorted misinformation.
You know that the "conspiracy theorist" label was first applied to people who didn't believe the official "magic bullet" theory about the killing of JFK, right?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You know that the "conspiracy theorist" label was first applied to people who didn't believe the official "magic bullet" theory about the killing of JFK, right?
This is not remotely relevant, but nonetheless "conspiracy theories" have been around since fallible humans believed it necessary to come up with mythical answers to questions that they lacked the knowledge or the willingness to accept the knowledge of scientific evidence. In the ancient past they did not have scientific knowledge today they rejected scientific knowledge.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's fun to say.
But the problem isn't with statistics.
It's with people who get the analysis wrong.

Too general. If people want a certain narrative (as I noted) - you can make it say what you want. My church has tripled in size - the fastest growing church in all of America... it went from 5 to 15 people... see what I mean?

Too often they analyze things to ones benefit.

If your statistical analysis were cromulent, then we
should see this in our broad personal experience.
Yet of the great many vaccinated people I know, all
had no adverse reactions, nor a bad case of Covid 19.
But of the many anti-vax types, several have died, &
several had to be hospitalized, & several suffer from
Long Covid.

I was just showing their analysis... I just pointed out the flaws. Flaws can be hidden - a "death by clotting" won't be listed as "reaction to vaccine".

Many of the pro-vax have died. Several have to be hospitalized.... it happens
Statistical analysis of public health issues is complex,
& best done by epidemiologists,

Yes... and sometimes money can be a good motivation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too general. If people want a certain narrative (as I noted) - you can make it say what you want. My church has tripled in size - the fastest growing church in all of America... it went from 5 to 15 people... see what I mean?

I was just showing their analysis... I just pointed out the flaws. Flaws can be hidden - a "death by clotting" won't be listed as "reaction to vaccine".
But not their conclusions.
Am I to believe that you are expert in epidemiology,
have access to all their info & analysis, & can say that
Johns Hopkins & Mayo Clinic & CDC are all wrong,
& you are right?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

That is exactly what Mr. Kennedy does. I go with the actual fact numbers, not like you and Mr.; Kennedy who juggle the numbers to justify an agenda. Also, see post #139. More to follow on Mr. Kennedy's antics.

I do not believe you ae remotely qualified to point out or show their flaws. What you pointed out is erroneous on your part, because you lack the qualifications to do what you claim to do,
Many of the pro-vax have died. Several have to be hospitalized.... it happens

Yes... and sometimes money can be a good motivation.

Straight out of your 'conspiracy theory. manual.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you quote anything that he has said that is false?
Excerpted...
In July, Kennedy said in a podcast interview that “There’s no vaccine that is safe and effective” and told FOX News that he still believes in the long-ago debunked idea that vaccines can cause autism.

He's not just wrong about things, he's dangerous.
Excerpted...
In a 2021 podcast he urged people to “resist” CDC guidelines on when kids should get vaccines.

Ebionite

This is not remotely relevant
It's relevant because then, as now, the label of "conspiracy theorist" is used as a dog whistle.

but nonetheless "conspiracy theories" have been around since fallible humans believed it necessary to come up with mythical answers to questions that they lacked the knowledge or the willingness to accept the knowledge of scientific evidence.
Like when a police detective investigates as crime that may have involved multiple people, you mean?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Can you quote anything that he has said that is false?
Easy as pie . . .

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s COVID-19 comments blasted as 'vile,' 'racist'​

By Ryan Chatelain Nationwide
PUBLISHED 3:21 PM ET Jul. 18, 2023

Fellow Democrats, civil rights advocates and even members of his own family are excoriating presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. after he floated a conspiracy theory over the weekend that COVID-19 is “ethnically targeted” to disproportionately attack white and Black people while Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people are most immune.

The New York Post, which obtained video of Kennedy’s remarks, made during an event in New York, was the first to report on the comments.

“COVID-19 — there is an argument that it is ethnically targeted,” Kennedy said. “COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately. COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”
Kennedy made the comments while claiming the United States and China are spending hundreds of millions of dollars to develop biological weapons that target certain ethnic groups.
His comments quickly received widespread backlash inside and outside the political world, with many labeling them antisemitic and racist.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre called the claims “false” and “vile.”
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., tweeted: “Vile antisemitic tropes and Sinophobia in RFK, Jr’s mouth diarrhea here. Insulted countless families who lost loved ones to the virus.”
She added, “This Ashkenazi Jew and her family got COVID.”

Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., who was born in Taiwan, wrote on Twitter, “Millions and millions of people died from COVID-19 worldwide, including Americans who were Jewish or of Chinese descent.”
“If you still support the wacky, narcissistic, racist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., then that says more about you than it does about him,” Lieu continued.

Read on in this reference. . .

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It's relevant because then, as now, the label of "conspiracy theorist" is used as a dog whistle.

Like when a police detective investigates as crime that may have involved multiple people, you mean?
Call it a 'dog whistle' if you wish. Blow it and Mr. Kennedy will come waging. See post #139 and respond.