• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most don't even know the Gospel. So how can they call themselves Christians?

Scrooge

certainty seeking
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Something to think about. Renewal is a noun not a verb. A state of being in, not a state in which is occurring. The verb in the clause is transformed and it is in the present tense. Renewing is a bad translation. It should be renewal or renovation. The noun renewal is in the Dative Case. When a noun is in the dative you will find it convenient to use a prepositional phrase beginning with "to" when considering the dative case.. The verse should actually look something like this, "Be you being transformed to the renewal of the mind."

Paul's issue was not the mind but the flesh; see Romans 7:25. Remember God through Paul said in chapter ten, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, Our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; this is, THE WORD OF FAITH IN WHICH WE PREACH. AND THIS IS HOW FAITH NEEDS TO BE UNDERSTOOD WHEN READING ROMANS.

And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, for it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory.

proudpagan

Belief in unseen is truth as per abrahamic faiths . Dont doubt dont question dont ask , This is the fundamental teaching of Christianity and Islam ...

David T

Premium Member
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Something to think about. Renewal is a noun not a verb. A state of being in, not a state in which is occurring. The verb in the clause is transformed and it is in the present tense. Renewing is a bad translation. It should be renewal or renovation. The noun renewal is in the Dative Case. When a noun is in the dative you will find it convenient to use a prepositional phrase beginning with "to" when considering the dative case.. The verse should actually look something like this, "Be you being transformed to the renewal of the mind."

Paul's issue was not the mind but the flesh; see Romans 7:25. Remember God through Paul said in chapter ten, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, Our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; this is, THE WORD OF FAITH IN WHICH WE PREACH. AND THIS IS HOW FAITH NEEDS TO BE UNDERSTOOD WHEN READING ROMANS.

And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, for it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory.
I have spent time in church I have zero idea why people don't easily understand the gospel according to you. I mea

what you are saying is perfectly clear!! I even took a mind photo it's all right here.
lead_960.jpg

lead_960.jpg

Jeremiah Ames

What you said is very thoughtful but a bit hard for me.
I will say it as I see it.
Once we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, our minds are forever changed. We will never again be as we were. However, our flesh still sins. Also, accepting Jesus is a heart condition. Those who say the words without the heart will not be changed.
Furthermore, many are waiting for Jesus to return and set up His kingdom on earth, but fail to realize it has already been done.
Am I in sync with your thoughts?

Scrooge

certainty seeking
I see there is a trolling problem around here. So intellectually speaking; if you can't actually answer a post you say what amounts to nothing. Interesting.....
What is this; pomposity?
Chinese I would assume. Care to translate or you just going to continue to troll?

proudpagan

Chinese I would assume. Care to translate or you just going to continue to troll?
I have fourteen questions just I have vistied many popes fathers pastors but couldnt recieve an answer . If you answer my questions with logic and reasoning I will accept christ as my saviour . What you say uwu .

1 Peter 3:15 Christians should be ready to explain why they believe what they do. :D

Scrooge

certainty seeking
I have fourteen questions just I have vistied many popes fathers pastors but couldnt recieve an answer . If you answer my questions with logic and reasoning I will accept christ as my saviour . What you say uwu?
What is your standard in this age of subjectivity. I envision it isn't in the answer but the receptivity. Come let us reason together.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I see there is a trolling problem around here. So intellectually speaking; if you can't actually answer a post you say what amounts to nothing. Interesting.....
What is this; pomposity?
This member is no longer with us and cannot reply. No, we do not have a 'Trolling problem around here', so don't get any funny ideas.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Without the bible, you're not saved?

Christianity isn't about the mind. One can be saved without any knowledge of scripture. It's about the spirit of christ.

Word (Caps) is a proper noun signifying Christ (Incarnate of god's commandments not written scripture) himself not written words.

word of scripture is a noun that signifies written words about christ.

Renewal of the mind and heart through faith and the grace of god can only happen with the salvation of the Word/Christ himself not the words/scripture.

A couple of things stick out with this.

1. Faith is the trust in what is seen that is not proven. If you depend on physical scripture for face, it confirm your faith, it's contradicting the nature of faith.

2. People who aren't versed in any language would not be saved if god sees their mind needing salvation before their heart.

3. God's oral commandments is the Word incarnate: Jesus Christ not written scripture.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
None of the early christians including the apostles ever read the gospels...those were generations in the future. Were they not christians?

Scrooge

certainty seeking
Without the bible, you're not saved?
Never said that. Without God working in us through Christ we are not saved. However due to the lack of faith, most would not know this without the Bible.

Christianity isn't about the mind. One can be saved without any knowledge of scripture. It's about the spirit of christ.
Through GOD; yes

Lord (Caps) is a proper noun signifying Christ (Incarnate of god's commandments not written scripture) himself not written words.
That is what the post alludes to. This to which you speak is what is in our hearts that we may do it. Christ in us the expectation of Glory; GOD.

3. God's oral commandments is the Word incarnate: Jesus Christ not written scripture.
Yes that is what the post alludes to.

Scrooge

certainty seeking
None of the early christians including the apostles ever read the gospels...those were generations in the future. Were they not christians?
They were the Epistles. Not written in stone but the fleshly tables of the the heart. They knew the LORD from the least unto the greatest. The anointing (Christing) which they had received of him abideth, and they need not that any man teach them: For they were one as HE was one.

The Church which is or to be the BODY of CHRIST, the TEMPLE of GOD has long since fallen away. The few is even fewer for the leaven has leavened the whole and the Wine skin has burst. Hence the need of the Bible.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
@Scrooge

Something occurs to me: if the Gospels are true, then the Gospels wouldn't be the only way to know Christ.

By insisting that Christians have to know the Gospels, aren't you making a tacit admission that the Gospels are false?

After all, if the resurrected Christ exists, there would be nothing stopping him from telling whatever he wanted to people, regardless of whether they read the Gospels. OTOH, if the Gospels are the only "true" basis for Christianity, doesn't this mean that Christ isn't available to be a basis instead?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Many Christians who have not read the bible or have one are still saved. That is why I asked, "without the Bible, you're not saved?" It's a question to you not rethorical.
Never said that. Without God working in us through Christ we are not saved. However due to the lack of faith, most would not know this without the Bible.

No one needs the gospel for christ to work through them in faith. Yes, you can know this without the bible. If not, those specific christians are using the bible as an idol. The Word of the Father in the Old Testament is oral not physical scriptures. No one listened to the Word of god so, the father made his Word incarnate human being where christians can "see" god's oral dictations rather than listening to them. When you have the spirit of christ working through you, it's the oral dictations of the father by means of an human incarnation not written scripture.

Through GOD; yes

So, that would mean your title of the OP doesn't make sense. If you believed christ can work through you by his spirit, you don't need the bible for this to happen.

That is what the post alludes to. This to which you speak is what is in our hearts that we may do it. Christ in us the expectation of Glory; GOD.

Why would one need the gospel to have this experience?

Yes that is what the post alludes to.

Hence why written scripture is not needed to be saved.

Why would most people who don't even know the gospel not be considered christians?

Jeremiah Ames

Many Christians who have not read the bible or have one are still saved. That is why I asked, "without the Bible, you're not saved?" It's a question to you not rethorical.

No one needs the gospel for christ to work through them in faith. Yes, you can know this without the bible. If not, those specific christians are using the bible as an idol. The Word of the Father in the Old Testament is oral not physical scriptures. No one listened to the Word of god so, the father made his Word incarnate human being where christians can "see" god's oral dictations rather than listening to them. When you have the spirit of christ working through you, it's the oral dictations of the father by means of an human incarnation not written scripture.

So, that would mean your title of the OP doesn't make sense. If you believed christ can work through you by his spirit, you don't need the bible for this to happen.

Why would one need the gospel to have this experience?

Hence why written scripture is not needed to be saved.

Why would most people who don't even know the gospel not be considered christians?

Hi Carlita
I don’t quite understand what your getting at here.
Do you believe a person just needs to say some words and that person is instantly saved?
I would not see that as being valid, unless that person had the proper heart attitude. Just saying you are Christian cannot make it so.