• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most don't even know the Gospel. So how can they call themselves Christians?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you believe a person just needs to say some words and that person is instantly saved?

No. (Edit) What I believed and experienced in christ will change the conversation theme. I disagree you need scripture to be saved. Only the Spirit of christ saves you. If the spirit is depended on the book, then in my opinion (its biblical but this was common sense before reading the bible) its an idol. If you need scripture to comfirm your faith, its no longer faith by hebrew definition of the term.

I would not see that as being valid, unless that person had the proper heart attitude. Just saying you are Christian cannot make it so

I agree. I just dont see the logic of most people who never read the bible gospels but still call themselves christians as wrong. If anything, they probably a step ahead of understanding the meaning of faith.

Last edited:

Grandliseur

Dont doubt dont question dont ask , This is the fundamental teaching of Christianity
That is not true. Simply not true. It is the lie that atheists perpetrate. But, since when can people who stand diametrically opposed to others speak truth, rarely.
Believers in life from hot rock mineral soup should watch out throwing stones; their own buildings are frankly houses of cards.

Scrooge

certainty seeking
@Scrooge

Something occurs to me: if the Gospels are true, then the Gospels wouldn't be the only way to know Christ.
That is a truth. It was never to be of the letter but through the Body of believers. Christ in us, the expectation of Glory; GOD.

For it is HE that is to work in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. We are to be one with HIM as Yeshua was in HIM and He in HIM; we are to one in them, that the world may believe that HE sent Him.

By insisting that Christians have to know the Gospels, aren't you making a tacit admission that the Gospels are false?
Never said that. There is a difference between the GOSPEL and the Gospels. The Gospels are testimonies on parchment. The GOSPEL is the point, and to that which they testify. Repent for The Kingdom of GOD is at hand; for it is within us. Christ in us the expectation of GLORY; GOD.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You don't have to know everything to believe in Jesus and call yourself a Christian. Maybe they are doing alright and don't feel compelled by the spirit to seek instruction from the gospels.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Never said that. There is a difference between the GOSPEL and the Gospels. The Gospels are testimonies on parchment. The GOSPEL is the point, and to that which they testify. Repent for The Kingdom of GOD is at hand; for it is within us. Christ in us the expectation of GLORY; GOD.
Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding. By all the Bible verses in your post, I assumed you were talkimg about "the Gospel" in the biblical sense.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Belief in unseen is truth as per abrahamic faiths . Dont doubt dont question dont ask , This is the fundamental teaching of Christianity and Islam ...

You likely read a different Bible than I:

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:18

Scrooge

certainty seeking
You don't have to know everything to believe in Jesus and call yourself a Christian. Maybe they are doing alright and don't feel compelled by the spirit to seek instruction from the gospels.
Anytime we think were doing alright and are not compelled; it is a sure fire sign we are not.

Baroodi

Belief in unseen is truth as per abrahamic faiths . Dont doubt dont question dont ask , This is the fundamental teaching of Christianity and Islam ...

what evidence do you have against Islam to support your allegatioins?
(We didn't send before you other than men, So ask the knowldgables (who know our guidance) if you don't know)
Noble Quran 16;43

Faithofchristian

To answer the Thread.
Most don't even know the Gospel. So how can they call themselves christians ?

That's right on one hand, Most call's themselves Christians and don't even know the meaning of Christian.
Or act knowledge when Christ Jesus is talking about them.

Most Christians think they are goody two shoes, To even comprehend when Christ Jesus is talking about them.

When it is pointed out to them, that Christ Jesus is talking about them, All they say is,
Why would Christ Jesus talk about us.

What you think that your some kinda of Goody two shoe or something?

On the most part why alot of Christians thinks this way, it's all because of what they being taught in the Churches.

Let's take Notice what disciple Paul had written in Romans 11:21--"For if God spared not the natural branches ( Israel )
Take heed lest he ( God ) also spare not you"

Seeing God did not spare his own people Israel, why do Christians think that God will spare them ?

Notice that even as far back as Jeremiah the Prophet had written in Chapter 4:22 --
God speaking, saying --"For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are Stupid children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge"

If God called his own people ( Israel ) Stupid Children, and have no knowledge.

Who are Christians to think that they are better?

Notice what Christ Jesus has said in Matthew 24:4,5----"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you, For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

Note Christ this being abbreviated for Christian.
Christ = Christian.

What other people comes in the name of Christ other than Christians ?

Therefore Christ Jesus is talking about Christians. That how many shall come in his name to deceive many.

When Christians goes about speaking Falsehoods, by this deceives people.

When Christians goes about to teach what they have been taught by man's teachings.Then they are teaching Falsehoods teachings and doctrines of man's. Thereby deceving many.

Take man's teachings and doctrines of the Rapture Theory. Which says, that when Christ Jesus comes to Rapture them out.

As far back to Prophet Ezekiel day, God foretold how people would be deceived about this fly away ( Rapture ) Doctrine of man's.

Ezekiel 13;20--"Wherefore thus saith the Lord God, behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith you there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that you hunt to make them fly"

Therefore God is against those who teach those they will fly away ( Rapture ) to save their souls.

Therefore Most don't even know the Gospel, So how can they call themselves Christians ?

Last edited:

Scrooge

certainty seeking
To answer the Thread.
Most don't even know the Gospel. So how can they call themselves christians ?

That's right on one hand, Most call's themselves Christians and don't even know the meaning of Christian.
Or act knowledge when Christ Jesus is talking about them......Let's take Notice what disciple Paul had written in Romans 11:21--"For if God spared not the natural branches ( Israel )
Take heed lest he ( God ) also spare not you"

Seeing God did not spare his own people Israel, why do Christians think that God will spare them ?
Most are only taught of the forgiveness of sin in respect to the Gospel and not the victory over it. So with that said, they are also taught they will sin until the day they die. Sin becomes of no consequence. We went from the sacrifice of bulls and goats to an unending tide of "I'm sorry I did it again"

Notice what Christ Jesus has said in Matthew 24:4,5----"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you, For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

Note Christ this being abbreviated for Christian.
Christ = Christian.
No it is not. Though those who are Christians have received Christ (are christs) for they are dead nevertheless live, yet not them, but Christ lives in them; and the life they now live in the flesh they live by the faith of the Son GOD that gave Himself for them. Please notice that is Faith of and not faith in.
However Matthew 24:4,5 is in reference to the second Advent when Christ shall come and take us home and destroy the world and all that is of it.
In the same chapter HE continues
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(Mat 24:24-27 KJV)

What other people comes in the name of Christ other than Christians ?
That is true to a point. The false Christs that have came did and will think they were Christians. Some know they are not. They know they are of their father the devil. But the verses in question are referring to the Culmination. When the Christ shall come and destroy this World and all that is of it.

Therefore Christ Jesus is talking about Christians. That how many shall come in his name to deceive many.
Christians are christs but not the CHRIST, though they are of the CHRIST. However when they do come as they have in the past and they proclaim they are the CHRIST believe it not,"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

When Christians goes about speaking Falsehoods, by this deceives people.
Yes they are false christs. Antichrists. We shall know them by their fruits; the sin in their lives and the lives of those who are following them.

Take man's teachings and doctrines of the Rapture Theory. Which says, that when Christ Jesus comes to Rapture them out.

As far back to Prophet Ezekiel day, God foretold how people would be deceived about this fly away ( Rapture ) Doctrine of man's.

Ezekiel 13;20--"Wherefore thus saith the Lord God, behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith you there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that you hunt to make them fly"
Yes the rapture is a teaching of the false christs; christians. Thanks for the verse I will take a deeper look at it.

Therefore Most don't even know the Gospel, So how can they call themselves Christians ?
Yes most do not know they have been given victory over sin, so how can they call themselves Christians; christs.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Most are only taught of the forgiveness of sin in respect to the Gospel and not the victory over it. So with that said, they are also taught they will sin until the day they die. Sin becomes of no consequence. We went from the sacrifice of bulls and goats to an unending tide of "I'm sorry I did it again"

No it is not. Though those who are Christians have received Christ (are christs) for they are dead nevertheless live, yet not them, but Christ lives in them; and the life they now live in the flesh they live by the faith of the Son GOD that gave Himself for them. Please notice that is Faith of and not faith in.
However Matthew 24:4,5 is in reference to the second Advent when Christ shall come and take us home and destroy the world and all that is of it.
In the same chapter HE continues
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(Mat 24:24-27 KJV)

That is true to a point. The false Christs that have came did and will think they were Christians. Some know they are not. They know they are of their father the devil. But the verses in question are referring to the Culmination. When the Christ shall come and destroy this World and all that is of it.

Christians are christs but not the CHRIST, though they are of the CHRIST. However when they do come as they have in the past and they proclaim they are the CHRIST believe it not,"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Yes they are false christs. Antichrists. We shall know them by their fruits; the sin in their lives and the lives of those who are following them.

Yes the rapture is a teaching of the false christs; christians. Thanks for the verse I will take a deeper look at it.

Yes most do not know they have been given victory over sin, so how can they call themselves Christians; christs.

The disciples came to Jesus, saying tell us when these things be. And what shall be the sign of your coming, and the end of the world" Matt 24:3.

Notice that the disciples said ( when shall these things be ) Then Jesus gave them the signs which to watch for in Verse's 4,5, that would happen before his return. That when these things start to happen that then we would know his return is close.

Now Jesus gave signs as to what to watch for that when these things begin to happen that we would know that we are getting close to his coming.

Therefore Matthew 24:4,5 are signs that Jesus gave to watch for that would lead up to his coming.
"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.For many shall come in my name, saying,
I am Christ; and shall shall deceive many"

Christians are the only group of people that professes to come in the name of Christ.

Christ being abbreviated for Christian
Which means Christ = Christian.

For many shall come saying I am Christian, to deceive many, these being the false Christians.

Like I said in my other post, these are those Christians which can not handle when they are found Christ talking and pointing them out as false Christians.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Something to think about. Renewal is a noun not a verb. A state of being in, not a state in which is occurring. The verb in the clause is transformed and it is in the present tense. Renewing is a bad translation. It should be renewal or renovation. The noun renewal is in the Dative Case. When a noun is in the dative you will find it convenient to use a prepositional phrase beginning with "to" when considering the dative case.. The verse should actually look something like this, "Be you being transformed to the renewal of the mind."

Paul's issue was not the mind but the flesh; see Romans 7:25. Remember God through Paul said in chapter ten, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, Our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; this is, THE WORD OF FAITH IN WHICH WE PREACH. AND THIS IS HOW FAITH NEEDS TO BE UNDERSTOOD WHEN READING ROMANS.

And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, for it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory.

Exactly. See the spirit (message) not the flesh. The OT was of the flesh. Same with the nessages of Hebrews and Revelations. See the Gospel and Paul, and you zero in on spirit. The Bible is a book of spirit (Gospel) surrounded by flesh. Christ said to teach the Gospel, which Paul taught as well. He never said to teach the flesh (Bible books).

Just my view.