• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Annoying Bands/Songs Ever!

PureX

Veteran Member
Ðanisty said:
This one will make a lot of you angry, but one song I cannot stand to listen to (and I've actually left places that were playing this on the stereo and would sooner walk than ride in the car if I had to listen to it) is Freebird. My god, I hate that song!
I'm with you on that one. That whole band is a bit of yahoo joke if you ask me (Lynard Skynard). Red neck rock .... whatever, phffff!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
PureX said:
I'm with you on that one. That whole band is a bit of yahoo joke if you ask me (Lynard Skynard). Red neck rock .... whatever, phffff!
I'm giving you frubals for the boy band mention 'cuz all those silly songs of the 90's make me want to hurl my banana cream pie. BUT, if I could deduct half the frubals for dissing Free Bird, I would. I don't like to hear it often but every once in awhile that guitar solo is awesome. :D

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Welcome to Sarajevo, circa 1981. LOL

2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDGPBOl42No

Hej Bosno, Bosno moja!
Ljubio mi jedan Englez, ljubio mi jedan Spanac
Ali niko ko BOSANAC!

Hey Bosnia, Bosnia of mine!
I loves a little English, and I loves a little Spanish
But I'm always Bosnian!

PureX

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
I'm giving you frubals for the boy band mention 'cuz all those silly songs of the 90's make me want to hurl my banana cream pie. BUT, if I could deduct half the frubals for dissing Free Bird, I would. I don't like to hear it often but every once in awhile that guitar solo is awesome. :D
Naaap, those stupid haircuts ruined the guitar solo years ago. Play me the first few bars of that solo and all I can see in my mind's eye is a bunch of old, fat, mullet-heads reliving their "golden years" ... YEEEEESHH!!!!!

(And now it's ruined for you, too, isn't it! *hahaha)

Actually, worse than Freebird, is that song "Give Me Three Steps".

Buttercup

Veteran Member
PureX said:
Naaap, those stupid haircuts ruined the guitar solo years ago. Play me the first few bars of that solo and all I can see in my mind's eye is a bunch of old, fat, mullet-heads reliving their "golden years" ... YEEEEESHH!!!!!

(And now it's ruined for you, too, isn't it! *hahaha)
I never saw the video or saw them on TV. Did see them live though....but you make a good point. There have been times when watching a video of a particular tune DOES ruin the song. I'll be sure to not ever watch it. ;) And yeah, "Give Me Three Steps" is a stinker.

PureX

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
I never saw the video or saw them on TV. Did see them live though....but you make a good point. There have been times when watching a video of a particular tune DOES ruin the song. I'll be sure to not ever watch it. ;) And yeah, "Give Me Three Steps" is a stinker.
I might be a little prejudiced, too. I was living in Richmond Virginia when Skynard was hitting their stride, and the southern boys down there WORSHIPPED Lynard Skynard and "Freebird". I'd probably heard it one too many times within a month of when it came out.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Oooh oooooh

New Kids on the Block - Step by Step.

Whoever wrote that song belongs in Musical hell for SURE!

Bishka

Veteran Member
Any of the girly pop singers (JoJo, Avril Lavrigne, Rianna, Paris Hilton, Britney, etc.). They are just copies of each other.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
darkpenguin said:
did you know he is australian?
Actually, he's American-born and had only been in Australia a short time before he recorded the song (I saw an interview with him last night - which is what prompted me posting it here - he still has the American accent and all). But then we claim other people as Australian who weren't born here either when they become famous/make a lot of money (think Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe...). I don't care if the song was a #1 hit in 15 countries and has been covered by a gazillion people - it's repetative, annoying ****e! :149: It was #1 on a 'Top 20 Australian songs that divide the nation as voted on by Baby Boomers' show I was watching - and rightly so. The Bee Gees only scraped in at #19 with Stayin' Alive. :p Even our national anthem rated way higher (at #3)!

Click me to hear this very annoying song!

Buttercup, where are my frubals?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
ChrisP said:
Oooh oooooh

New Kids on the Block - Step by Step.

Whoever wrote that song belongs in Musical hell for SURE!
*pulls out the LP to check* That would be Maurice Star. I am ashamed to admit I was a huge fan and own 3 LPs and 2 cassettes. :eek: I really should flog 'em on ebay or something.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
beckysoup61 said:
Any of the girly pop singers (JoJo, Avril Lavrigne, Rianna, Paris Hilton, Britney, etc.). They are just copies of each other.
You forgot *shudders* Jessica Simpson.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Feathers in Hair said:
Noooo! Dawny, now it's in my braaaaaiiiiin! *falls to the floor, wailing*

Hee hee. :)

Here of late, I've had "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" stuck on the brain.

"You will get a sentimental FEEEEELING...":Singing:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Buttercup said:
OMG! :eek: Ok, now that you posted the video.....I'll GLADLY heap a hunk of frubals on you as soon as they reload. That is a song that George W deserves to hear everynight before bedtime for the rest of his life. Sheer torture.
:D I knew you'd see it my way.

PureX

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
Here of late, I've had "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" stuck on the brain.
I stumbled on Cyndi Lauper doing that song the other day, and for some reason I couldn't help laughing out loud at it every time I sampled it.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
PureX said:
I stumbled on Cyndi Lauper doing that song the other day, and for some reason I couldn't help laughing out loud at it every time I sampled it.

I love Cyndi Lauper. :D She's so cute!

And I like the song...but it's one of those that you end up singing all day long...annoying those you come in contact with.

Sing it with me...

"You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear...voices singing..."