• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon missionaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth_Faith13

I thought you may have, this is the reason why I asked this on this forum, in England the Mormon chuirch is not big at all, especially not in part of the country, one rarely gets to have a spiritual discussion with a mormon, but there are a lot of Americans on here who I would imagine are much more familiar with missionaries and might want to give me some tips.

They must hide in England - as according to the statistics there are I think it was 200,000 LDS - thats way more than JW and I see them all the time! I have never met a mormon before the other day and didnt even know what the LDS faith was until I watched a film and also on holiday showdown and that was end of last year! and where I live - we have the oldest mormon chapel in the world! hehe!!!! yay!

Here is a link if anyone is interested...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2005/03/30/mormon_chapel_feature.shtml

(sorry I know off topic!)

Special Revelation

Don't worry. Most missionaries recognize the fact that they are the guests in your home and will allow you to conduct or lead the prayer as you choose. However, I'm curious... what are you afraid of? Do Mormon missionaries pronounce curses in their prayers that have been known to effect the people they teach negatively?

Hey *Paul*
How will you interpret 2 Corinthians chapter 6 when the Mormon missionaries want to pray with you. This is an answer to your specific Thread questions to me...the Protestant brother. :)

Hey Polaris,
For your knowledge, Evangelicals don't pray with Mormon missionaries out of love and obedience to our Great Triune God. I will not speak for *Paul*, but by his response, it appears Paul interrupts the Bible passages below in unity with most Evangelicals. Maybe you can share this with the LDS missions leaders at Salt Lake... to help your missionaries respect mainstream Evangelical convictions during their visits to our homes?

2 Corinthians 6 - Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"Therefore come out from them
and be separate, says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Hey *Paul*
How will you interpret 2 Corinthians chapter 6 when the Mormon missionaries want to pray with you. This is an answer to your specific Thread questions to me...the Protestant brother. :)

As I said, in all conscience I could not let them lead me in prayer, if I could do that then what is my problem? It would be paramount to admitting we worship the same God. I will always pray for someone who is outside of the church of Jesus Christ I have no problem with that, I will intercede for them earnestly but I couldn't in all honesty do any more than that without upsetting my conscience.

I did it once out of politeness as I was at someone elses house and I really do regret not objecting to it, I cringe everytime I think about it. Never again.

Special Revelation

[/color]

As I said, in all conscience I could not let them lead me in prayer, if I could do that then what is my problem? It would be paramount to admitting we worship the same God. I will always pray for someone who is outside of the church of Jesus Christ I have no problem with that, I will intercede for them earnestly but I couldn't in all honesty do any more than that without upsetting my conscience.

I did it once out of politeness as I was at someone elses house and I really do regret not objecting to it, I cringe everytime I think about it. Never again.

I really wish that the LDS missions leader at Salt Lake City, Utah would respect Evangelical Christian convictions by preventing their missionaries to pray at the homes of Evangelical Christians. 2 Cor 6 is applied to Mormons and JW visits by the majority of Evangelical Christians.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
*** MOD POST ***

This thread is closed for violating the purpose of DIR.

Please review # 8 - 11 of the Forum Rules:

Discuss Individual Religions Forums Rules and Usage:
8.) Each Individual Religion forum is for that religion's education and fellowship for people who abide by that religion and for discussion within that religion.

9.) We will not tolerate any debate about a religion in its Individual Religion forum, NO OUTSIDE DEBATE OR VIEW POINTS ARE ALLOWED. This rule is strictly enforced. If you wish to debate a certain religion the proper place for that is in the Debates sections.

10.) Asking respectful questions of other religions is acceptable in their Individual Religion forum.
11.) Attacking other religions in these forum is not tolerated. These forums are for education of the Religion or system in the title of the forum and fellowship only, not discounting other religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.