• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More than 13 million sign petition urging nations to ban nuclear weapons

Should nuclear weapons be banned?

• Yes, I support complete nuclear disarmament

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No. While I support nuclear disarmament, we still need a small number of nukes just in case

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No. It's a dangerous world, and nukes are the only effective peacemaker

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No. The effects of nuclear weapons are exaggerated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we should build even more nukes and be ready to use them at a moment's notice

• I support banning nukes, but I don't believe it's possible in today's world

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Undecided

• Other

• Nuke me, baby!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
Who says they don't or who says they are not close to having one.
N. Korea is assisting them and they are enriching uranium to the point of being weaponized.
If they had nukes, they'd say so. Nukes are a deterrent and that only works if the opponent knows that you have them.
But, yes, they could be close. Otoh, Biden said re-establishing the Iran treaty has no priority, so it's save to say that the CIA doesn't think they are close.

esmith

Veteran Member
If they had nukes, they'd say so. Nukes are a deterrent and that only works if the opponent knows that you have them.
But, yes, they could be close. Otoh, Biden said re-establishing the Iran treaty has no priority, so it's save to say that the CIA doesn't think they are close.
Iran & North Korea - Nuclear Proliferation Partners
North Korea Tests First Missiles of 2020 | Arms Control Association
Iran test-fires ballistic missiles at 'hypothetical' enemy ships | DW | 16.01.2021

esmith

Veteran Member
Nothing in there says that Iran has nukes (as far as found by skimming over).
And if it does, I'm still sceptical. It would be too good to be true.
Why would you think it would be a good idea for for Iran to have nuclear weapons.
Oh by the way nothing says N. Korea wouldn't supply them with one.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Why would you think it would be a good idea for for Iran to have nuclear weapons.
Oh by the way nothing says N. Korea wouldn't supply them with one.
It would instantly calm down the region. Everyone in the region who might have dreamt of invading Iran has to re-calculate. But most importantly, the US has never invaded a country that had nukes. And I don't think Israel would be crazy enough to start a war. (But they probably would do everything to prevent Iran from getting nukes.)