• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

more and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's what I just said. The more light you are given, the more responsibility you have to get it right. You haven't even addressed what I've said. I'm not preaching legalism, I'm simply preaching the gospel, which is salvation through no other name.
I have very much addressed everything you have said. And you are not preaching the Gospel. There is nothing good news about, "believe the right beliefs, because your salvation depends upon it." That is in fact bordering on, it not outright, "preaching another gospel".

PearlSeeker

Then perhaps you do not agree with what God says then?

(Jeremiah 31:29-30) 29 “In those days they will no longer say, ‘The fathers ate sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons were set on edge.’ 30But then each one will die for his own error. Any man eating sour grapes will have his own teeth set on edge.”
Please read Jeremiah 31:31-40

That applies to when?

(Ezekiel 18:2-4) 2 “What does this proverb that you quote in the land of Israel mean, ‘Fathers have eaten sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons are set on edge’? 3 “‘As surely as I am alive,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘you will not continue to quote this saying in Israel. 4 Look! All the souls — to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son — to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

To discontinue something, means to end it, or cease it.

Whatever teaching it was, or where it came from, it was not taught by Jesus.

Yes. Jesus said something against it. Jesus taught resurrection, which is different to reincarnation.
Jesus taught that the dead are asleep in the grave, and awaken, and come to life, when he calls.

Is that not against reincarnation?

I didn't say it has to do with idol worship. Why did you bring that up, and what does heaven and hell have to do with it?
" I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." (Deut 5:9)

Parents are surely also responsible for what happenes to next generations but at the same time children have their own responsibility and can't just blame it on their parents.

Yes, resurrection is a type of reincarnation but different. In the Bible Jesus said nothing explicitly against reincarnation but he often said something against the belief of Sadducees...

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
God doesn't care about your theology. I've already shown the verses explaining this.
No you haven't.
You have used verses that have nothing to do with proper theology to try and say theology doesn't matter.

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths."

Which you say can't happen.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

But you don't agree.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction."

"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work."

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No you haven't.
You have used verses that have nothing to do with proper theology to try and say theology doesn't matter.
The heck they don't. Romans 14 is talking to Christians who struggle with those who esteem one day above another, or this dietary law, or that. Those are all theological matters that cause divisions, such as you saying it matters if you believe in reincarnation or not. It's not any different at all. Those are all religious beliefs, that according to Paul, don't matter to God. Read that chapter carefully.

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths."
Sure. Everytime I listen to these Evangelical preachers who tell people what they want to hear, spreading division and stoking culture wars, and whatnot. These are those who do not endure sound teachings, such as compassion and love, forgiveness and understanding, not judging others and whatnot. "By their fruits you shall know them", not by their claims of being "true Bible-believing Christians". If their actions don't match sound doctrine, such as taught by Jesus, then indeed, those who follow them have not endured. They have been led astray.

What matters is not which day of the week you worship on. Not which foods to eat or not to please God. Not whether you believe in reincarnation of not. But what matters is the "weightier matters of the law", which is compassion and love. That is the teachings of Jesus.

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: judgment, mercy, and faith. These ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone."
Amen.

Which you say can't happen.
I never said it can't happen. It's just those who pose as the "true followers of Jesus" with all their correct beliefs and whatnot, who don't endure the sound doctrines as outlined above.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

But you don't agree.
Did I say I don't agree? Why are you putting words into my mouth?

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."
I do as that says and am quite wary of them. Very acutely so. "By their fruits you shall know them", not by the words of their mouths and their claims of being "true believers" who have the "right doctrines", and all others but themselves are apostates and the like.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction."
Not swift enough, but the fruits of their hypocrisies will find them out in due season. God is not mocked, in other words. It's not what you claim to believe, but the fruits you bear. This is the teaching of Jesus.

"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Correct. It's not those who claim to believe in God, not those who claim to be the true believers, but those who do the will of the Father, and those can even be atheists who will "enter the kingdom of God before you", said Jesus to the hypocrites as he said of the tax collectors and prostitutes over the religious self-righteous. Stern warning from the Lord there. An atheist who doesn't believe God exists, yet fulfills the law by loving others as Jesus taught to love, is in fact doing the will of the Father, is he not?

"Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you."
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work."
Exactly. Any preacher who quotes from the Bible, yet hates his neighbor, reject him.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The heck they don't. Romans 14 is talking to Christians who struggle with those who esteem one day above another, or this dietary law, or that. Those are all theological matters that cause divisions, such as you saying it matters if you believe in reincarnation or not. It's not any different at all. Those are all religious beliefs, that according to Paul
Read what I said. They have nothing to do with proper theology because they are solely about nonessential matters.
How you got from there to " believe whatever and be saved." I have no idea.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
not those who claim to be the true believers, but those who do the will of the Father, and those can even be atheists who will "enter the kingdom of God before you", said Jesus to the hypocrites as he said of the tax collectors and prostitutes over the religious self-righteous. Stern warning from the Lord there. An atheist who doesn't believe God exists, yet fulfills the law by loving others as Jesus taught to love, is in fact doing the will of the Father, is he not?
What a crock. You want to throw away every verse saying belief brings salvation. I can't take you seriously.
This is just nonsense and you know it is.

Truth in love

More and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation

Why are Christians adopting Hindu karma & reincarnation ? | Jeffrey Armstrong | Vedic Vidya | India - YouTube

Very interesting video

A question to all. Why do more and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation? What is the reason?
I can’t speak on reincarnation as it’s very not Biblical. The core notion of doing good or evil and having it come back is Biblical and has been believed for a long time. The use of the word Karma to describe this belief is likely not being viewed as a bad word, but the core belief goes way back.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You have rightfully criticized some people's speaking on behalf of others (on behalf of Black people, specifically) in other posts. I'm not sure why you're now speaking on behalf of Christians despite the fact that Christians are quite a diverse group and many of them disagree with your view of Christianity.
Because it's just the truth. Belief in karma and reincarnation are incompatible with Christianity. Fate isn't really a thing in Christianity, either, although it's extremely popular in most other worldviews. It's like you getting mad at me for saying Christians are monotheists. Words have meaning and Christianity isn't some free for all, unless you want it to mean nothing and just be some vague feel good social club. It's okay for religions to have unique beliefs that set them apart from other religions.

It's like, my mom was a Christian and she also believed in reincarnation, but she was getting that from the New Age/psychic stuff she was also into.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
" I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..." (Deut 5:9)

Parents are surely also responsible for what happenes to next generations but at the same time children have their own responsibility and can't just blame it on their parents.
So you agree?
Why are you quoting a verse that's previous to the ones I quoted?
Doesn't cease doing something or stop doing something, mean that it is already being done, and should no longer be done?

Yes, resurrection is a type of reincarnation but different. In the Bible Jesus said nothing explicitly against reincarnation but he often said something against the belief of Sadducees...
"resurrection is a type of reincarnation"? Says who?
Jesus never taught reincarnation. Do you agree?
Therefore it was never a Christian teaching. Do you agree?
If not, please explain.

nPeace

Veteran Member
The very definition. It's continuation of life in a new body.
They are different. You said so yourself.
One claims that life does not end, but is a continuation of life - reincarnation.
The other does not, but rather, is the raising up of life - a standing up again, from the cessation of life.

Totally different.
Continuation - the state of remaining in a particular position or condition
Cessation - the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end

PearlSeeker

They are different. You said so yourself.
One claims that life does not end, but is a continuation of life - reincarnation.
The other does not, but rather, is the raising up of life - a standing up again, from the cessation of life.

Totally different.
Continuation - the state of remaining in a particular position or condition
Cessation - the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end
It's the same. The only difference is in number of times.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Read what I said. They have nothing to do with proper theology because they are solely about nonessential matters.
How you got from there to " believe whatever and be saved." I have no idea.
You need to provide some support for this claim of non-essential vs. essential beliefs. I'm unfamiliar with such distinctions being made within the Bible. That some ministers outside of the Bible claim that certain beliefs are essential and others are not, is purely their ideas. As I said, if you were an orthodox Jew, circumcision is an essential belief and practice, as is not eating pork.

As I pointed out, Romans 14, clearly indicates that those that believe this day is important, or that diet is important, to them that is "essential". You see my point?

BTW, I've never said "Believe whatever you want and be saved". Again, you are for some reason putting words into my mouth. What is important is that whatever it is you believe, it produces good fruit.

"Believe whatever you want," would not include "it's okay to look down on others who don't believe like I do." Doing that, produces bad fruit. So believing that, will lead you into trouble. You see?

So please stop putting false words into my mouth. I would not say that, for those very reasons. Understood?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because you claim it doesn't matter what we believe. We can believe Jesus is a white supremacist who wants us to kill people and go straight to heaven...as long as we believe in Jesus.
I do not claim that. Never had. Never will. You believing other Christian as apostate because they deviate from your thinking, is a bad belief, and it creates evil fruit. It creates division. It causes "bad karma" for you (pun intended)

For as you judge others, that same judgement is rendered back to you fivefold over. You know the saying about one finger pointing and three pointing back, right? There's a reason for that. There a reason Jesus admonishes you to not to this.

But on the contrary, if whatever you believe, as different as it may be from how I think, actually produces good fruit in your life, than who I am to judge? And who are you to judge?

Please understand, the single criteria that Jesus give to distinguish between genuine followers, and fraud, or wolves in sheeps clothing, or false prophets is singular. "By their fruit you shall know them".

Even if what they say sounds right. They say all the right words. They claim all the right claims. If the end result is bad fruit, don't listen to them. They say what you want to hear. They tickle your ears to lead you astray. "They are true Christians just like me. So it's okay to storm the capitol and kill police officers".

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What a crock. You want to throw away every verse saying belief brings salvation. I can't take you seriously.
This is just nonsense and you know it is.
It is truth, and you know it is. It troubles you. And it should.

That's exactly what Jesus did. He troubled the religious of his day in saying things like this, that the most unworthy, spiteful people were going to heaven before the most pious religionists of his day. I am saying nothing different. And it troubles you, as it troubled them. That's a good thing, if you let it be.

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It is truth, and you know it is. It troubles you. And it should.
So you throw out every verse about believing for salvation, and decide atheists are saved. That's not truth.

"And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."

Oops, nothing about the possibility of having life if you don't believe.

Instead, this verse declares Jesus is the divine Son, the revelation of God: “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.”

Eternal life as the result of belief: “that believing you may have life in His name.”5 Since Jesus Himself is life.
Eternal life is not an end, but the beginning of a relationship with the living God through Christ (17:3)

Without belief in the truth, that Jesus is divine, no salvation exists.

"Believe,” is used 98 times in John (compared to 34 times in the Synoptics and 16 times in the rest of the NT). It is presented as a response to the revelation of Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I do not claim that. Never had. Never will. You believing other Christian as apostate because they deviate from your thinking,

No, because they believe falsehoods according to scripture.
And love doesn't encourage people to continue in their false belief. There's nothing loving about allowing people to continue on the road to hell with no warning.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
BTW, I've never said "Believe whatever you want and be saved". Again, you are for some reason putting words into my mouth. What is important is that whatever it is you believe, it produces good fruit.
Good fruit is leading others to the truth, not teaching falsehoods like " believe anything, God won't care."
That's bad fruit.

• John 14:6 “Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one may come to the Father except through me.”
  • “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ.” – I Timothy 2:5
  • “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.” – I Peter 3:18
  • “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
Salvation does have requirements. It requires confession of sin.

Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news !” – Mark 1:14-15

You can't do anything about your situation without sincerely believing in the truth.

Jesus said in Mark 1:15 “believe the good news”. The good news is that Jesus loves you and that He came and died on the cross to take away your sins and to pay the price for them, and to take away your punishment.

The word “believe” in this verse does not mean that you can just believe in your mind that Jesus exists. Most religions in the world today believe in Jesus in this way in one form or another.

"Believe" means that you need to place all of you faith, and all of your confidence, and all of your trust, and all of your hope in Jesus Christ alone... not in yourself and not in your ability to love others.
  • Yet to all who did receive him (Jesus), to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” – John 1:12
You need to willingly invite Jesus into your life and receive Him as your Lord and Savior... not depending on your own goodness, but understanding there's nothing good in you.

Only then will you be enabled to love others and point them to the narrow way.

• “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
You can't find it any other way, through any other religions.