• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

more and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Because it's accurate and more explanatory than most monotheistic arguments?
What do you mean with "monotheistic arguments? It is possible to believe in God and reincarnation at the same time

But yes I agree with you that reincarnation and karma is more explanatory

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What do you mean with "monotheistic arguments? It is possible to believe in God and reincarnation at the same time

But yes I agree with you that reincarnation and karma is more explanatory

The argument of evil. "Why does an omnimax deity allow evil (which is typically a monotheist argument" .

Reincarnation and karma explains the nature of "evil" better imo.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
New Game Plus is not “Hindu”. It is a belief that Hindus hold… but they are not the only ones. Just because someone believes in some version of reincarnation does not mean they are “adopting Hindu” culture.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
New Game Plus is not “Hindu”. It is a belief that Hindus hold… but they are not the only ones. Just because someone believes in some version of reincarnation does not mean they are “adopting Hindu” culture.
You do have a good point

InChrist

Free4ever
More and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation

Why are Christians adopting Hindu karma & reincarnation ? | Jeffrey Armstrong | Vedic Vidya | India - YouTube

Very interesting video

A question to all. Why do more and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation? What is the reason?
Because apostasy, abandoning faith in Christ and turning aside to fables and false teachings is a major happening and indication of the end of the age.
( 1 Timothy 4; 2 Thessalonians 2)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Lol, new game+

.... I'm not laughing at your idea, but your term of choice.

nPeace

Veteran Member
More and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation

Why are Christians adopting Hindu karma & reincarnation ? | Jeffrey Armstrong | Vedic Vidya | India - YouTube

Very interesting video

A question to all. Why do more and more christians believe in karma and reincarnation? What is the reason?
The reason is explained in scripture.

(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons. . .

(2 Timothy 4:3-4) 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) 3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(2 Corinthians 11:13-15) 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.

Simply put. They are not Christians... and never were... but are misled by Satan... according to scripture.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The reason is explained in scripture.

(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons. . .

(2 Timothy 4:3-4) 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) 3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(2 Corinthians 11:13-15) 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.

Simply put. They are not Christians... and never were... but are misled by Satan... according to scripture.

Everything is explained in scriptures if you dig hard enough. /s

nPeace

Veteran Member
Everything is explained in scriptures if you dig hard enough. /s
True.
You can't expect to get anything out, if you stay on the surface and put in no effort.
My favorite quote.

(Matthew 13:10-15) 10 So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11 In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted. 12For whoever has, more will be given him, and he will be made to abound; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13 That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

nPeace

Veteran Member
And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
(Jeremiah 31:29-30) 29 “In those days they will no longer say, ‘The fathers ate sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons were set on edge.30But then each one will die for his own error. Any man eating sour grapes will have his own teeth set on edge.”

(Ezekiel 18:2-4) 2 “What does this proverb that you quote in the land of Israel mean, ‘Fathers have eaten sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons are set on edge’? 3 “‘As surely as I am alive,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘you will not continue to quote this saying in Israel. 4 Look! All the souls — to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son — to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because apostasy, abandoning faith in Christ and turning aside to fables and false teachings is a major happening and indication of the end of the age.
Yes of course. Any divergence in views amongst Christians is automatically due to sin and apostasy. It must be the devil at work in someone's life for them to rethink one's beliefs about things they grew up with, or to have any different views than other Christians, right? ;)

"By their fruits you shall know them", not by their ideas about the afterlife, BTW. I really don't recognize such thinking as branding everything different as apostasy, as valid from a Christian perspective.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No lack of judgmentalism of your fellow Christians happening there! You do know that all those verses could be any other Christians against you too, if they felt uncomfortable with your views too? Maybe you should look at that? "Judge not, lest you be judged".

PearlSeeker

(Jeremiah 31:29-30) 29 “In those days they will no longer say, ‘The fathers ate sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons were set on edge.30But then each one will die for his own error. Any man eating sour grapes will have his own teeth set on edge.”

(Ezekiel 18:2-4) 2 “What does this proverb that you quote in the land of Israel mean, ‘Fathers have eaten sour grapes, but the teeth of the sons are set on edge’? 3 “‘As surely as I am alive,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘you will not continue to quote this saying in Israel. 4 Look! All the souls — to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son — to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
How is this relevant?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
BTW, do you even know anything about what Karma is? Ever hear of the law of reaping what you sow? This isn't some demonology crap. I think your fear is just that fear of what you don't understand. Why judge other Christians out of your own ignorance about these things? That to me is far more dangerous than what you condemning them over.

nPeace

Veteran Member
No lack of judgmentalism of your fellow Christians happening there!
Am I correct in my understanding that you don't believe the Bible?

Then why call them my fellow Christians? On what grounds are they my fellow Christians? The Bible, or your view?

I go by the Bible. Christians are not those who deviated from the apostolic teachings, or teachings of Christ. They are described as apostates, or imitations.
It does not matter who calls them Christian, or if they call themselves that, does it.

Christians are identified by the criterion given in scripture. Not hearsay.

You do know that all those verses could be any other Christians against you too, if they felt uncomfortable with your views too? Maybe you should look at that? "Judge not, lest you be judged".
If they feel uncomfortable with my views?
Well that's quite a telling statement. :D
I don't feel uncomfortable with anyone's views. They are free to believe whatever they want.

I say, if you have scriptures to support your views. Don't be shy. :)
In fact, if you truly are a Christian, you won't be. :D
The scriptures do the judging. I simply quote and apply them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member