• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"MISSISSIPPI: 46% Of Polled Republicans Would Make Interracial Marriage Illegal"

GabrielWithoutWings

They did. They went to Mississippi. :D

^^^ This.

I, being born and raised in Tennessee near the Mississippi border, would love to tell you all that this poll is skewed.

It's not. This is how your average, everyday Mississippian thinks. Civilized barbarians.

Sum1sGruj

:facepalm:

AlabamaGOPpoll.jpg

Public Policy Polling asked self-identified Mississippi Republicans how they feel about interracial marriage. And 74% of those who'd like to ban interracial marriage also have a "favorable view" of Sarah Palin.

source

14% said not sure..

lmao.

They don't seem to realize this day and age, where moral wrongs actually become noted.
Such is the way of many outback Mississippians, I guess :D

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since other states & parties weren't polled, how do we know that Mississippians are worse knuckle walkers
than others? Yeah, it's fun to hate those ignorant Southerners, whose arses we kicked in the war they can't
even correctly name, but I'd bet Michiganders would be embarrassed if we responded to questions about our
goofy beliefs. We ain't no better than they are, even if we want to believe otherwise.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I like the South. I don't like the numbers in this poll, but I like the South.

Prior to seeing this poll, I would have thought I'd be able to accurately predict how a section of Illinois would respond. Now I'm not so sure.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
People. This poll was conducted by this group:

Public Policy Polling.

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[1][2][3] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman and Democratic pollster Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.[1][4]

Public Policy Polling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

President: Dean Debman - Democrat pollster and regular campaign donor
Dean Debnam | newsobserver.com projects

Now - I'm not saying that racism isn't alive and well in Mississippi - because it certainly is. If ever there was a backwards state when it comes to race relations, Mississippi has to be at the top of that dubious heap.

My point is that racism isn't MORE prevalent in the GOP in Mississippi - it's pretty common across the board - and quite prevalent in African American and Democratic circles in Mississippi.

From a good article on the topic:

"Affirmative action" has become the touchstone of Democratic racial politics. Democrats portray anyone who opposes affirmative action as racist. But affirmative action, as currently practiced, is racist to the core. It is based on the assumption that African-Americans are incapable of competing with whites. It represents the kind of paternalistic racism that would have done honor to Calhoun. For the modern liberal Democratic racist as for the old-fashioned one, blacks are simply incapable of freedom. They will always need Ol’ Massa’s help. And woe be to any African-American who wanders off of the Democratic plantation. Ask Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, or Ward Connerly. Although they echo the call for a "color-blind society" that once characterized the vision of Martin Luther King Jr., they are pilloried as "Uncle Toms" of "Oreos" by such enforcers of the Democratic plantation system as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.
The Democratic Party’s Legacy of Racism by Mackubin T. Owens

It's the Democratic Party in Mississippi that has by FAR the most shameful history of blatant and repressive and IN YOUR FACE racism.

Yes, as a white person with biracial children, who has traveled throughout Mississippi many times in my lifetime, I can tell you that racism is alive and well in Mississippi - and it's just as prevalent among blacks as it is among whites, and just as prevalent among Democrats as it is among Republicans.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.
[See http://www.congresslink.org/civil/essay.html and 82.03.04: An Analysis of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Legislated Response to Racial Discrimination in the U. S..]

Good article on the true voting records on civil rights issues:

Republicans and Civil Rights

Considering that the people elect politicians who represent them, I'd say that the GOP party and those who identify themselves as Republicans have a better track record than the Democrats.

But why let a few pesky facts get in the way when there are political agendas to be pushed, and misinformation to be perpetrated?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.
[See http://www.congresslink.org/civil/essay.html and 82.03.04: An Analysis of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Legislated Response to Racial Discrimination in the U. S..]
Considering that the people elect politicians who represent them, I'd say that the GOP party and those who identify themselves as Republicans have a better track record than the Democrats.
But why let a few pesky facts get in the way when there are political agendas to be pushed, and misinformation to be perpetrated?
I'm sorry Kathryn....your cherry picking of facts, & resorting to actual voting records of Democrats opposing civil rights for black folk
pales in comparison to a one-sided poll which validates feelings of superiority by northerners & Democrats. Have you no shame, woman?

kutulu

all things have a positive and negative, including races...

hitler deamt of a master race( he was also thouroghly insane)

in the distant future mankind will have mixed to a point were there is no different races...

then we can hate eachother for something else :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
all things have a positive and negative, including races...
hitler deamt of a master race( he was also thouroghly insane)
in the distant future mankind will have mixed to a point were there is no different races...
then we can hate eachother for something else :)
An optimist!

ninerbuff

godless wonder

We know politicians talk a good game, but results and actions are what depict outcome. The Red states in the south still have issues with interracial marriages and civil rights for African Americans. This is not disputed.