• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing my Islam

Ellen Brown

I can not be bothered to figure it out just now. I am strongly missing Islam and the experiences I had. My emotions are mine alone and do not have to be justified to anyone.

I miss the quite devout feelings I had during the Muslim prayer. When wants to be close to God (Allah SWT) nothing is superior to being on your hands and knees with your forehead on the carpet asking him for his care and forgiveness.

I miss the protection I felt when I was wearing Hijab, or even that and Niqab. For me, it was about Allah SWT and I and no one else.

Wish that there was husband that would gather me in his arms when I am upset.

I do NOT miss the angry sexist jerks that feel women are less than goats. I do not miss the threats to women of Surah 4:34, or rather that it gives men permission to actually beat a woman.

I wish that some Muslim scholar would drag Islam, kicking and screaming into the 21st century. There is no excuse for violence from Muslim men on anyone whatsoever. Yes there are reasons to feel angry, but civilized people work that out in the public arena and in the courts.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I wish that some Muslim scholar would drag Islam, kicking and screaming into the 21st century. There is no excuse for violence from Muslim men on anyone whatsoever. Yes there are reasons to feel angry, but civilized people work that out in the public arena and in the courts.

Scholars will argue, disagree and divide Islam as it has done for centuries. I believe the Baha'i Revelation is indeed dragging Islam, Christianity and Judaism into the 21st century.

There is no cultural Hijab to hide behind in the Baha'i Faith. Only the devotion of the apophatic universal God of all religions,

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I can not be bothered to figure it out just now. I am strongly missing Islam and the experiences I had. My emotions are mine alone and do not have to be justified to anyone.

I miss the quite devout feelings I had during the Muslim prayer. When wants to be close to God (Allah SWT) nothing is superior to being on your hands and knees with your forehead on the carpet asking him for his care and forgiveness.

I miss the protection I felt when I was wearing Hijab, or even that and Niqab. For me, it was about Allah SWT and I and no one else.

I do NOT miss the angry sexist jerks that feel women are less than goats. I do not miss the threats to women of Surah 4:34, or rather that it gives men permission to actually beat a woman.

Would your belief be defined by other peoples crimes?

My experience when someone harms one person in a community, that whole community hurts as a result. Is that like in Islam or does your belief and custums need to fit with the crimes of your peers?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I don't know about Christianity or Judaism, BAha'ai or Islam, but as a Catholic, I don't care if anyone joins or not.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wish that some Muslim scholar would drag Islam, kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Scholars don't have that power. Only God has that power. And to me it goes far beyond a single religion or even religion in general. It goes to a birth of a new organization of life or perhaps it can be called the evolution of humanity to a new level.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Sounds quite sensible.

GoodbyeDave

I am strongly missing Islam and the experiences I had. I miss the quite devout feelings I had during the Muslim prayer.
I sorry to hear that — and sorry that your thread has been hijacked.

Devotion is not a feeling restricted to Muslims. You call yourself a Christian now — doesn't Christian prayer do the same things?

Perhaps you don't need a hijab or a husband, but more self-confidence and sense of your true value?

I wish that some Muslim scholar would drag Islam, kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
I don't think your hope for Islam can be realised. You refer to a Surah you dislike and there must surely be more. The Quran is Islam. A Jew or a Christian can say that the author of a passage in the Bible has got it wrong, but the Quran claims to be the word of God. There is nothing but that text and if you question whether Muhammad got it wrong, everything collapses.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Are there things you enjoy about not being in Islam?
Those might be worth focusing upon.
This tactic works for me.

Ellen Brown

I sorry to hear that — and sorry that your thread has been hijacked.

Devotion is not a feeling restricted to Muslims. You call yourself a Christian now — doesn't Christian prayer do the same things?

Perhaps you don't need a hijab or a husband, but more self-confidence and sense of your true value?

I don't think your hope for Islam can be realised. You refer to a Surah you dislike and there must surely be more. The Quran is Islam. A Jew or a Christian can say that the author of a passage in the Bible has got it wrong, but the Quran claims to be the word of God. There is nothing but that text and if you question whether Muhammad got it wrong, everything collapses.

Islam has been its own worst enemy. I would like to blame European Colonization, But then there were the Muslim hordes, and the Ottoman Armies that took over so much of the "then" known world. Then in more modern times, the oil was the root of the evil. Even in the Old Testament, in Genesis 16, the story of Hagar, and what was to become of Ishmael and those who followed him is heartbreaking to me. NOT one, no not one Christian that I've spoken to had any depth of sympathy for he and his being borne to that curse.

I've been attending a tiny Christian church across the street that is Pentecostal, and what goes on there is very disappointing. The music sounds like a Rock band, and the songs about "My Jesus" a far from reverent to me.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

Salam
These video may give you push toward :)

Adnan Ibrahim - The Human That God Wants [Eng Subtitle

How I came to Islam Dr Laurence Brown

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

If you went back now, it might be nice at first having your reminiscence soothed, but it would not last. You are not the same person. There was a reason you lerft.

Hold on to the good memories, for they are dear to you. They have formed you into who you are today. The spiritual quest is a journey, and one stops at many places along the way, gaining much.

Can I recommend a book for you? It is called Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (not about the Buddha). It is about a man in search of enlightenment, and he tries one road after another, and how he ends up. There is a moment at the end that gives me goosebumps. But you can't jump ahead. It is a profound moment only if you have gone through his journey along with him.