• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss Universe vs Miss Universe

ronki23

One is a beauty pageant and one is a 'bodybuilding' competition. But bodybuilding IS basically a beauty competition. How do they both have the same name?

kadzbiz

A) does is matter and B) bodybuilding is NOT basically a beauty competition.

ronki23

A) does is matter and B) bodybuilding is NOT basically a beauty competition.

Legally would there not be an issue using the same name?

There is very little difference between a bodybuilder, a model and a stripper. You exhibit your body.

Kfox

One is a beauty pageant and one is a 'bodybuilding' competition. But bodybuilding IS basically a beauty competition. How do they both have the same name?
What bodybuilding federation still have Mr/Miss Universe competitions?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is very little difference between a bodybuilder, a model and a stripper. You exhibit your body.
Exhibiting one's body can have huge differences in motives, goals, & results.
I'll bet that anyone can discern which is which.
OIP.knh6cYajchme7BZ1oFEqYwHaLH

1685629367531.jpeg

OGC.20ffb6fcacb57135dd861d8ce3943850

Attachments

• 1685629255561.jpeg
    1685629255561.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1685629348788.jpeg
    1685629348788.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 31

kadzbiz

Legally would there not be an issue using the same name?

It's all about what you're exhibiting, and you were referring to two specific contests. If you were into bodybuilding you'd understand the difference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is utterly subjective.
He may be a decade or more out of touch. For a while very very thin pale models that looked as if they were heroin users were very popular. They were often anorexic and definitely not healthy. The look was called "heroin chic". Luckily it did not last. The fashion industry if anything over compensated. Now there are models that are medically obese. Now if one complains about overweight models one is accused of " fat shaming".

ronki23

It's all about what you're exhibiting, and you were referring to two specific contests. If you were into bodybuilding you'd understand the difference.

I used to be into bodybuilding. I enjoyed the 70s bodybuilding the most and 90s was amazing. I lost interest after they made too many categories : under 202 lbs, classic, men's figure, bikini. Too many Arnold Classics