• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misquote in the Gospel

Oeste

You can throw all the words you want out there,...

I didn't throw the words out there kjw, your Organization did. I didn't come up with 1914, 1925 or any other date.

...you cannot prove what the JW org. teaches is wrong

Really? So the ancient worthies were resurrected in 1925, and we only have a few months before Armageddon as of 1940?

And what of the "Creator's promise"? Was it wrong to put a lie into the mouth of Jehovah and call it truth?

Why do you need us to prove your Organization wrong when your Organization consistently proves it for you?

QuestioningMind

Conservative Christians agree 100% on the basic doctrines of Christianity. How did you determine those who fought in Europe were Christians?

If you don' take the time to study, whose fault is that?

Ah, CONSERVATIVE Christians all agree... and exactly what percentage of Christians in the world do you consider to be CONSERVATIVE Christians? Do all CONSERVATIVE Christians agree on the Faiths vs Works debate? Which side do all CONSERVATIVE Christians support. If only this small percentage of conservative Christians actually understand God's Word when this Word was supposed to be for EVERYONE, doesn't it appear as if the method God used to convey his message didn't work very well?

But I HAVE taken the time to study. I've read the Christian bible (both a Roman Catholic version and a King James version... kinda funny how there's more than one version). I've read most of the Hindu Vedas. I've read the Muslim's Koran... I've read the Mormon's Book of Mormon... I've read Dianetics the book that explains Scientology. What I've discovered is that they ALL make claims that can't be substantiated and NONE of them offers actual evidence that God or gods inspired the words found in the books.

So please, help enlighten me. Since you know the importance of taking the time to study then surely you have read all of the above mentioned holy books as well. How did you determine that the Hindi Vedas, the Book of Mormon, the Koran, etc. where ALL made up by fallible human beings, but that the BIBLE is actually the Word of God? How did you determine that the Book of Mormon was written by a conman, but the bible was written by people inspired by God?

Oh, and how did I determine that the wars fought in Europe was about Christianity? Read the below link and you'll be educated on the matter.

European wars of religion - Wikipedia

omega2xx

Ah, CONSERVATIVE Christians all agree... and exactly what percentage of Christians in the world do you consider to be CONSERVATIVE Christians?

I have no idea, but he percentage is irrelevant.

Do all CONSERVATIVE Christians agree on the Faiths vs Works debate? Which side do all CONSERVATIVE Christians support.

Conservative Chrisiasn would afgree that salvation is by grace alone, not by faith or by works(Eph 2:8).

If only this small percentage of conservative Christians actually understand God's Word when this Word was supposed to be for EVERYONE, doesn't it appear as if the method God used to convey his message didn't work very well?

If it didn't work well even conservative Christians would not understand it. There is nothing mysterious or hard to understand about Ep[h 2:8). One only needs about a 10th grade reading comprehension level to understand it.

]But I HAVE taken the time to study. I've read the Christian bible (both a Roman Catholic version and a King James version... kinda funny how there's more than one version). I've read most of the Hindu Vedas. I've read the Muslim's Koran... I've read the Mormon's Book of Mormon... I've read Dianetics the book that explains Scientology. What I've discovered is that they ALL make claims that can't be substantiated and NONE of them offers actual evidence that God or gods inspired the words found in the books.

Christianity is based on faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God(Heb 11:6).

The Bible says non-Christians can't understand the Bible. Don't take this as judgmental, but you don't seem to be a Christian. You seem to still be looking for the right religion.

So please, help enlighten me. Since you know the importance of taking the time to study then surely you have read all of the above mentioned holy books as well. How did you determine that the Hindi Vedas, the Book of Mormon, the Koran, etc. where ALL made up by fallible human beings, but that the BIBLE is actually the Word of God? How did you determine that the Book of Mormon was written by a conman, but the bible was written by people inspired by God?

I have read none of them. I know enough about them to reject them. As a Christian I must accept the Bible as God's true words. Any religion's writing that are contradicted by The Bible is all I need to know to reject it. I need to know my own religion so I can defend it when necessary and also for my own spiritual well being.

Oh, and how did I determine that the wars fought in Europe was about Christianity? Read the below link and you'll be educated on the matter.

European wars of religion - Wikipedia

I have not determined the wars in Europe was about Christianity. I will leave that up to the historians.

QuestioningMind

I have no idea, but he percentage is irrelevant.

Conservative Chrisiasn would afgree that salvation is by grace alone, not by faith or by works(Eph 2:8).

If it didn't work well even conservative Christians would not understand it. There is nothing mysterious or hard to understand about Ep[h 2:8). One only needs about a 10th grade reading comprehension level to understand it.

Christianity is based on faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God(Heb 11:6).

The Bible says non-Christians can't understand the Bible. Don't take this as judgmental, but you don't seem to be a Christian. You seem to still be looking for the right religion.

I have read none of them. I know enough about them to reject them. As a Christian I must accept the Bible as God's true words. Any religion's writing that are contradicted by The Bible is all I need to know to reject it. I need to know my own religion so I can defend it when necessary and also for my own spiritual well being.

I have not determined the wars in Europe was about Christianity. I will leave that up to the historians.

"I have read none of them. I know enough about them to reject them. "

That would be hilarious is it wasn't so very sad. If you have read none of them then you know NOTHING about them. It's obvious that you refuse to read any other religious texts because if you did then you'd see that the Hindu Vedas are just as legitimate and provide just as much evidence for their claims as your bible does. Was it your religious leaders who warned you against reading them? Did THEY tell you all you need to know? Not surprising, because they think it's better for you to remain ignorant and easily manipulated.

Your beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with study, it's ALL about blindly believing whatever your parents or some authority figure in your life told you to believe.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Prayer only helps when praying to the only true living God-YHWH
OK. Is Jehovah OK with calling Jehovah "God", in your opinion?

Actually "prayer only helps" if you pray right is not correct. Prayer is a method of positive thinking which can help a person whether God hears or not and whether God answers, or not.

I think you should stop pulling things out of thin air and calling them "the truth".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you know what you are talking about????
Have you not heard that the Watchtower has made cash settlements with abuse victims?

I wonder why the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses thinks that it should be a secret that they have paid victims to stay quiet?

kjw47

You are being fooled, if Jesus isn't your mediator, you don't have God! YOU can't use another persons mediator, unless you make him yours.

LMBO!! True Christians have posted MANY, MANY of the false teachings of your slave, but all any witness can turn to to criticize any other Bible is, the "Trinity", that's all you have, nothing else. No matter what false teaching is reveled from your moronic slave, all you come back with is the Trinity.

And not one witness can PROVE anything about the Bible! You only know what the slave tells you you know!

Truth from Jesus--taught by his real teachers--the ones you stand in opposition to( Luke 10:16)

John 17:1-6,26---- Jesus teaches--the one who sent him= Father-John 5:30)is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--- verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26= YHWH(Jehovah)

prove Jesus wrong.

Paul listened to him--1Cor 8:6--- There is ONE GOD to all the FATHER.---not Father son, and HS.

either your teachers are lying or Jesus and Paul lied--we all must choose who we believe. my advice---BELIEVE JESUS.

kjw47

I didn't throw the words out there kjw, your Organization did. I didn't come up with 1914, 1925 or any other date.

Really? So the ancient worthies were resurrected in 1925, and we only have a few months before Armageddon as of 1940?

And what of the "Creator's promise"? Was it wrong to put a lie into the mouth of Jehovah and call it truth?

Why do you need us to prove your Organization wrong when your Organization consistently proves it for you?

Now is what counts.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now is what counts.
Isn't now the time to confess that they made it up that millions now living will never die?

You see? They say Jehovah said it. Now we know that Jehovah didn't say it.
If Jehovah DID say it, then Jehovah was lying. But we know Jehovah does NOT lie.

Do you see the problem?

kjw47

OK. Is Jehovah OK with calling Jehovah "God", in your opinion?

Actually "prayer only helps" if you pray right is not correct. Prayer is a method of positive thinking which can help a person whether God hears or not and whether God answers, or not.

I think you should stop pulling things out of thin air and calling them "the truth".

Reality--its a waste of words praying to a non existent god.
God put his name in the ot in nearly 6800 places because he wants it known and used--but not in vain.( that is not--gdit or Jesus C) its portraying one as a Christian with words, but by action, do the opposite.

kjw47

Have you not heard that the Watchtower has made cash settlements with abuse victims?

I wonder why the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses thinks that it should be a secret that they have paid victims to stay quiet?

We all know what occurs.

kjw47

Isn't now the time to confess that they made it up that millions now living will never die?

You see? They say Jehovah said it. Now we know that Jehovah didn't say it.
If Jehovah DID say it, then Jehovah was lying. But we know Jehovah does NOT lie.

Do you see the problem?

No one living now said that or teaches that. The past is dead. God does not hold ones past against them if they make correction or repent. neither should any nothing domestic. who has 0 say in any of it.

omega2xx

"I have read none of them. I know enough about them to reject them. "

That would be hilarious is it wasn't so very sad. If you have read none of them then you know NOTHING about them. It's obvious that you refuse to read any other religious texts because if you did then you'd see that the Hindu Vedas are just as legitimate and provide just as much evidence for their claims as your bible does.

Any religion that has more than one God, is a false religion according to the Bible. That is all I need to know to reject it. What evidence do you have to support that the Hindu Verdas is equal to or better than the Bibl ?

Was it your religious leaders who warned you against reading them?

No.

Did THEY tell you all you need to know?

No.

Not surprising, because they think it's better for you to remain ignorant and easily manipulated.

What a silly, ignorant statement. You have no idea what my pastor tells me to read or not read.

Your beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with study,

That remarks graduates from ignorant to stupid. I have studied the Bible for over 40 years and that is where I get my beliefs.

it's ALL about blindly believing whatever your parents or some authority figure in your life told you to believe.

That remark is stupid to the third power. I was not raised in a Christian home and did not become a Christian until I was 45.

Of course pastors tell its congregation what to believe. That is part of their job. Most conservative Christians are Beraan Christians. If you read Acts 17:11 maybe you can figure out what that means. If you reading comprehension level is not that high enough to understands it, I will be glad to explain it to you .

Oeste

No one living now said that or teaches that. The past is dead.

Is your Organization still living or did it die sometime in the past? If it still lives, it needs to repent.

God does not hold ones past against them if they make correction or repent.

Great! So we've all seen the publication where they lied, can you point us to the publication where they repented?

I mean, we've had this discussion before kjw. :rolleyes:

neither should any nothing domestic. who has 0 say in any of it.

WOW!

So if your elite slave class puts a lie in the mouth of Jehovah, announcing Jehovah has made a certain promise He did not make, your "nothing domestics" cannot correct them???

I'm sure that was the final message every false prophet gave as the "nothing domestics" picked up stones.;)

QuestioningMind

Talk about ignorant. If you've looked a just one religion and one interpretation of God then you clearly have NOT studied the matter. You KNOW that the bible is valid... yet you've never read any other religious text. How exactly did you decide that all of the other texts weren't valid? You claim it wasn't anyone who told you... so how exactly did you come to that conclusion? That's like claiming that vanilla ice cream is the absolute BEST flavor of ice cream EVER, when vanilla ice cream is the ONLY flavor you've ever tasted. You can make such a silly argument, but it's clearly an argument of ignorance.

djhwoodwerks

God put his name in the ot in nearly 6800 places because he wants it known

If He want's His name known and used, how come not Jesus nor one disciple EVER say that name, NOT ONCE, NEVER, except when quoting OT scriptures. How come Jesus NEVER said, My Father Jehovah, or Jehovah My Father? When He said, "I will make your name known", how come He didn't say, "I will make your name, Jehovah, known"?

omega2xx

Talk about ignorant. If you've looked a just one religion and one interpretation of God then you clearly have NOT studied the matter. You KNOW that the bible is valid... yet you've never read any other religious text. How exactly did you decide that all of the other texts weren't valid? You claim it wasn't anyone who told you... so how exactly did you come to that conclusion? That's like claiming that vanilla ice cream is the absolute BEST flavor of ice cream EVER, when vanilla ice cream is the ONLY flavor you've ever tasted. You can make such a silly argument, but it's clearly an argument of ignorance.

I told you why---if the writings of a religion are contradicted by the Bible, according to Christianity it is false religion.

Ignorance would be wasting my time studying it when I could be studying my own religion and becoming more knowledgable in it.

Would you use a dictionary that had wrong definitions?

QuestioningMind

I told you why---if the writings of a religion are contradicted by the Bible, according to Christianity it is false religion.

Ignorance would be wasting my time studying it when I could be studying my own religion and becoming more knowledgable in it.

Would you use a dictionary that had wrong definitions?

Yeah, that makes PERFECT sense. You ate a bite of vanilla ice cream and didn't even have to bother tasting chocolate or strawberry or praline's & cream in order to KNOW that vanilla is the absolute best ever. You've CLEARLY researched the matter thoroughly.

I guess if you'd happened to have read the Koran before the bible then you'd be a Muslim today, because the writings of the bible would have contradicted the Koran and according to Islam Christianity is a false religion. Why would a Hindu ever bother to read your God's bible, when according to you if you happen like the first religious text you read there's no need to look any further?

You basically saying that God' wonderful plan for spreading HIS word is to have only those fortunate enough to be exposed to Christianity FIRST get His message. All the billions of people born into cultures where OTHER religions are popular were never meant to be saved, because according to you all you have to do is read one of the sacred religion texts in order to determine which one is valid.

Just additional evidence that God is either a TERRIBLE communicator or that God wants his creations to be completely confused about what He wants.