• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minnesota becomes 22nd state to legalize medical marijuana

Nymphs

Gov. Mark Dayton on Thursday signed the bill legalizing marijuana treatment of some medical conditions including cancer, other terminal and some chronic diseases, and to help reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.

Link here

Do you think this trend will continue?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
When taxes and wealth go up in states like Colorado, this trend will create a deeper trend to legalize it completely.

Nymphs

When taxes and wealth go up in states like Colorado, this trend will create a deeper trend to legalize it completely.

I'm hoping so. This and equal marriage. I'm pretty damn sure both will be federally and stately recognized in my life. *cross fingers*

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Im not privy to recreational aspects, but certainly it's medical benefits are more than welcome. Glad to see a practical turn around on this. It will ease a lot of suffering and pain.

ZooGirl02

Wow. I had no idea that so many states had already legalized medical marijuana. I am a supporter of legalized medical marijuana for serious health conditions like cancer or post traumatic stress disorder.

Nymphs

Wow. I had no idea that so many states had already legalized medical marijuana. I am a supporter of legalized medical marijuana for serious health conditions like cancer or post traumatic stress disorder.

Only those conditions?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't honestly care if the trend will continue, but if a substance has legitimate medical usages and is demonstrably safe under prescribed usages, there is no sound reason to prohibit doctors from adding it to their tool kit. The only reason I might prohibit a substance for medical uses is because the substance is derived from a T/E species or is not being sustainably sourced.

Nymphs

I don't honestly care if the trend will continue, but if a substance has legitimate medical usages and is demonstrably safe under prescribed usages, there is no sound reason to prohibit doctors from adding it to their tool kit. The only reason I might prohibit a substance for medical uses is because the substance is derived from a T/E species or is not being sustainably sourced.

Thank you for your comment. I am worried about sustainable sourcing, but from what I understand, cannabis is pretty sustainable in and of itself.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for your comment. I am worried about sustainable sourcing, but from what I understand, cannabis is pretty sustainable in and of itself.

It's easily cultivated; I'm not too concerned about this particular species. Given the legal issues surrounding cannabis, anything grown for medical production would be under sound control; this has the added benefit of providing intrinsic quality control infrastructure to ensure a good medical product is being created.