• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball"

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube

All I got to say is..Wtf?

I was told by my friend, Charlene, that the only reason Miley is doing this is because she doesn't want to be known as a Disney person anymore. She doesn't want her videos on Disney Channel anymore. She wants to be an adult.
My mom and I think that there are better ways on proving you're an adult than going around naked and twerking on married men. :facepalm:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]

I was told by my friend, Charlene, that the only reason Miley is doing this is because she doesn't want to be known as a Disney person anymore. She doesn't want her videos on Disney Channel anymore. She wants to be an adult.
My mom and I think that there are better ways on proving you're an adult than going around naked and twerking on married men. :facepalm:

I think she's trying WAAAAY too hard to prove she's not a kid. I don't think she's done ANYTHING to try and prove she's an adult.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
In an interview, she said that her nudeness represents vulnerability and is directly relative to the song. She's trying to make money and break personal records.

She's marketing herself. This is about exhibition and money.

She isn't doing anything different that what we've seen Madonna, Rhianna, GaGa and others do.

Rakhel

In an interview, she said that her nudeness represents vulnerability and is directly relative to the song. She's trying to make money and break personal records.

She isn't doing anything different that what we've seen Madonna, Rhianna, GaGa and others do.
So reminds me of Christina Aguilar's Dirty. She had a clean and a...<cough, cough> dirty version to that video and I don't think either where played on Disney.

Horrorble

But madonna rhianna and gaga I think did it in a far less cringe way, I was shuddering when she was licking the hammer,
No just no!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

1) Robin Thicke was in on the act at the VMAs.
2) Miley has been attempting for a couple of years now that she's growing up and creating her own identity. This isn't new, and I thought then and now that she's marketing herself well to make money and sell music/posters/tickets/images.
3) I think this is our culture's obsession with wanting our child stars to stay children. We still have as a tendency to see Ron Howard as Opie, regardless of how much work he has done since then. Miley will always be Hanna Montana in the eyes of the public. Try to think how it would feel at 25 to be seen by everyone you meet as the 12-year-old they saw you as.

As Dawny has stated, we have seen this before many times. Madonna, Rihanna, Britney, Christina Aguilera, heck Cher was the queen of ultra-revealing costumes and videos long before these women were even born. Miley is utilizing the same tactics as they used.

And tbh, I thought it was hilarious at the VMAs when they were showing the audience reactions to Miley's performance, and Rihanna was raising an eyebrow....and I thought to myself that it was pretty funny that SHE was reacting that way as if to say she'd never resort to Miley's antics.

People are funny like that. :p

Thus spake the Mystic Contrarian Point of View. :curtsy:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
But madonna rhianna and gaga I think did it in a far less cringe way, I was shuddering when she was licking the hammer,
No just no!

What's crap to one, is art to another.

I still like Marilyn Manson. How is cutting yourself (or pretending to do so)on stage any better or worse than making out with a hammer? It's part of an act and part of a plan to draw in an audience and it's working. She's admitted to that.

She's playing every person who invests time talking about her. She stated in the interview, just this week that she's ready to shake up the image again, because she's purposefully TRYING to be different. Now that her antics are becoming a thing...they're not cool anymore.

I find it funny.

Last edited:

Horrorble

And tbh, I thought it was hilarious at the VMAs when they were showing the audience reactions to Miley's performance, and Rihanna was raising an eyebrow....and I thought to myself that it was pretty funny that SHE was reacting that way as if to say she'd never resort to Miley's antics.

I think Rhianna was raising an eyebrow because Miley can't dance and certainly can not twerk she needs to stop trying to imitate African American dancing poorly, I think that is way Rhianna was like "no just no!"

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I think Rhianna was raising an eyebrow because Miley can't dance and certainly can not twerk she needs to stop trying to imitate African American dancing poorly, I think that is way Rhianna was like "no just no!"

Maybe.

African Americans don't have a license on twerking, you know?

Horrorble

Maybe.

African Americans don't have a license on twerking, you know?

no one has a license to any type of dancing, but she looks ridiculous and try hard and can't do it anyway. If she came out trying to do Bollywood dancing I think people would of been just as disturbed. She looks silly that's the point.

Draka

Wonder Woman
1) Robin Thicke was in on the act at the VMAs.
2) Miley has been attempting for a couple of years now that she's growing up and creating her own identity. This isn't new, and I thought then and now that she's marketing herself well to make money and sell music/posters/tickets/images.
3) I think this is our culture's obsession with wanting our child stars to stay children. We still have as a tendency to see Ron Howard as Opie, regardless of how much work he has done since then. Miley will always be Hanna Montana in the eyes of the public. Try to think how it would feel at 25 to be seen by everyone you meet as the 12-year-old they saw you as.

As Dawny has stated, we have seen this before many times. Madonna, Rihanna, Britney, Christina Aguilera, heck Cher was the queen of ultra-revealing costumes and videos long before these women were even born. Miley is utilizing the same tactics as they used.

Thus spake the Mystic Contrarian Point of View. :curtsy:
:clap

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Pronouncements:
People should only dance in the style assigned to their race!
Child stars should remain fresh faced innocents!
That is some very strange "dancing".

Questions:
Who is this Miley Cyrus anyway?
What kind name is "Miley"?

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Her and her oddities...

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Pronouncements:

Questions:

Her name is ( or rather 'was' ) actually Destiny Hope Cyrus.
I bet you would prefer (s)Miley Cyrus over that if it was your name.

Horrorble

Pronouncements:

Questions:

no not assigned, created! difference. But I never even said that anyway, I said she can't dance and looks ridiculous and try hard, if she looked in her element, people like Rhianna may have reacted differently.
But she is white so can market it to a white audience without being called "ghetto trash" so I guess she knows how to use her privilege well to make money, and in that sense she is smart.