• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mickiel's proof of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickiel

And, by the same token, your denial of God's lack of existence proves not-God to me. Yes, you, mickiel, you are proof to me that there is no God. *resists temptation to mock mickiel further*

You can mock me if you wish, but you do so at your own risk, I am not one to mock, but Atheist still try for some reason. I find it interesting that Atheist even try me, but , you know, one must defend their way. I have mentioned that Atheism demands that one defend all of their life what they believe. That does things to the pathology of a human, puts a chip on their shoulders, thats why you insult what opposes you.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

freethinker44

I never said you were. I asked "how do you know God exists?"

I know he exist by you. You are proof that God exist to me. Your denial, your lack of belief, you, you prove God to me. Your mind, your consciousness which refuses your creator, you are proof to me.

So...... If there were no atheists, and everyone believed in god, then that is proof that god doesn't exist?

I'm having a hard time following your logic here. There is a possibility it is just me and I just don't "get it", but you are probably just using bad logic and are just plain wrong in your "hypothesis". So yeah, it's not me, your posts make no sense in any rational way. :)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Y'know, I think you're not really that interesting. It's clear there's no way for logic to penetrate your delusional mind-shield. So I think I'll take a pass. bye.

I know he exist by you. You are proof that God exist to me. Your denial, your lack of belief, you, you prove God to me. Your mind, your consciousness which refuses your creator, you are proof to me.

When I was a child, the thought of not going to school was there with me all the time. That thought was proof to me that I should go. The thought of disobeying the law was always there, which helped me to obey the law. The thought of stealing helped me not to steal. The thought of Atheism helped me to believe in God.

This is by design, we need that which would mislead us, to lead us.

Peace.

All I can say is that this whole comment is wrong. All that my existance proves is that I exist. The thought of you disobeying the law helped you with a life choice. It doesn't prove that God exists.

O.K. If I were to apply your logic, I could say "The thought of doing drugs, proves God doesn't exist" You're trying to connect an everyday thought to the existence of a God. Likewise, I can do the same for the non-existance of God.
If you truly believe your logic to be sound then it shows that God doesn't exist and like I said before, he either does or he doesn't. This logic does not prove that he does.
Like Autodidact says, your logic is a two way street.

Last edited:

mickiel

So, Mickiel, pretty much what you are expousing is the philosophy of yin and yang?

Well yes, to some degree. I see no other alternitive. Its reaction to reaction, reality from reality, belief from nonbelief, they coexist. Atheist exist because God exist.

Peace

Amill

Apikoros
You can mock me if you wish, but you do so at your own risk, I am not one to mock, but Atheist still try for some reason. I find it interesting that Atheist even try me, but , you know, one must defend their way. I have mentioned that Atheism demands that one defend all of their life what they believe. That does things to the pathology of a human, puts a chip on their shoulders, thats why you insult what opposes you.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

You make claims about atheists all the time that are insulting, so why are you always surprised about the fair share you receive? You constantly talk about atheism as if it's a level below everybody else and have mentioned that our "rejection" of god is the same as abandoning our parents, so you need to realize that when you call atheists untrustworthy, ect, that you are going to receive some heat. Are you really that surprised?. And we don't need to defend crap, we aren't required to defend our beliefs at all, but some may do so if they wish. People of all religions defend their faith when met with opposing viewpoints, so I do not see how atheists are any different. I mean, I have discussions with friends every now and then about our beliefs. I'm always the odd one out but there's never an issue, and when we discuss our viewpoints they also have to defend their side. It's a fair trade, and I never discuss it with anybody else. On this site, I CHOOSE to enter into discussion about religious topics because I enjoy it. No one is forcing atheists to defend anything. I am pretty secure with my thoughts about the earth and the cosmos at the moment, so debating and defending my side doesn't really have an effect on my psyche.

Creationists also have to defend their viewpoints, omg chip on their shoulder
evolutionists have to defend their views
conservatives defend their views
liberals defend their views
gays defend their lifestyle
religions defend their beliefs against other religions.

If we use your "logic", then anyone who has any kind of opinion about anything whatsoever is going to have a "chip" on their shoulder if they ever decide to defend their stance. An atheist view does nothing to the human mind, or at least nothing more than any other idea or belief. We are left defending what we believe in all the time, it's not just atheism. Good grief.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Well yes, to some degree. I see no other alternitive. Its reaction to reaction, reality from reality, belief from nonbelief, they coexist. Atheist exist because God exist.

Peace
In the realm of Yin/Yang philosophy there is an allowance for God but not in the way you are explaning it. One of the rules for Yin/Yang is that nothing is completely Yin or completely Yang. Yet when one takes properties such as divisibility/indivisibility special cases are created. By definition being indivisible takes this concept out of the range of Yin/Yang since if something is slightly divisible then it is not indivisible. Perhaps God concepts fall into this realm and are not defined by ones disbelief or supposed non-existance of a God. What this does is make God an absolute and not subject to the shifting vagaries of Yin/Yang concepts.

mickiel

I think God is an absolute, but he planted belief and unbelief in this earths atmosphere, and I used yin and yang as a " Type of that." I don't know much about yin and yang, I was just interested in its two sided aspect. One is proof of the other. Just as belief is proof of unbelief. Just as you have Theism, you have Atheism. One is proof of the other.

You have humans, so then we must have a God who created them. One is proof of the other. Atheist are proof of God, as are Theist.

Peace.

CarlinKnew

Human capacity to Love and desire to be Loved is proof that a God of Love exist.

Peace.
Yes, that is Aphrodite. Also, Fire is proof that a God of Fire exists, that is Hephaestus. The Sea is proof that a God of the Sea exists, that is Poseidon... This is primitive and obsolete unreason. Time to grow up.

Venatoris

Just as you have Theism, you have Atheism. One is proof of the other.

This is correct!:clap One viewpoint is proof of the existence of another viewpoint.

Atheist are proof of God, as are Theist.
This is not!:no: The existence of one viewpoint does not prove that the opposing viewpoint is correct. If it did then every viewpoint on every subject is both correct and incorrect at the same time.

Furthermore your statement says that atheism proves itself wrong by simply existing and theism proves itself right by simply existing. Convenient that you only look at it from the side that proves you are right but leave out the side that proves you are wrong.You totally lost the yang dude.

mickiel

Consciousness is not a simple matter to discuss, but I view only humans as having it. We have Reminiscent memory ( or Episodic memory) we have habit Retention ( or semantic memory) we thus have Conscious Lives. The awareness of " Self" means we are conscious of our own persona over time, a sense of who we are, our hopes and fears, as we daydream about ourselves in relation to others.

Animals do not imagine themselves as being anywherelse, or thinking of their lives over time, or introspecting in any sense, thus they are not Conscious.

Consciousness is a Proof of God's existance, and I want to go into why I believe that.

Peace.

mickiel

This is correct!:clap One viewpoint is proof of the existence of another viewpoint.

Oh I have gone much farther and deeper than this, one form of Life is proof that another form exist.
Conversely a lower form of consciousness proves that a higher one exist.

Peace.

Atreyu

The Devil herself
Consciousness is not a simple matter to discuss, but I view only humans as having it. We have Reminiscent memory ( or Episodic memory) we have habit Retention ( or semantic memory) we thus have Conscious Lives. The awareness of " Self" means we are conscious of our own persona over time, a sense of who we are, our hopes and fears, as we daydream about ourselves in relation to others.

Animals do not imagine themselves as being anywherelse, or thinking of their lives over time, or introspecting in any sense, thus they are not Conscious.

Consciousness is a Proof of God's existance, and I want to go into why I believe that.

Peace.
I believe you are wrong about that. If you know anything about monkeys they actually to have conciuos

Status
Not open for further replies.