• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mickiel's proof of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickiel

One thing that impresses me about Women, is their ability to Love and show Love for their mate. I mean some of them just get all into their Loved ones. They cling, they embrace, they protect and support, its just impressive. I myself have never really Loved a woman, but I have had many Love me. Its just impressive and I have known nothing like it. I think a Womans Love for a man is one of the greatest examples of human Love that we have. And a Mothers Love for their children. Its real, its strong, its relevant, it cannot be denied.

And let me tell you somethingelse that is even more impressive to me. This " Romance" that so many have with God. I mean so many people Love God, yet have never seen him or can prove he is real. But thousands upon thousands hardcore believe in him. Its very impressive to me. I don't agree with their religious interpitastions of God, nor their doctrines, but their devotion to God is certainly impressive.

This " Romance with God", with religion, with " Deity", is a very powerful influence, its real.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I myself have never really Loved a woman...
How do you know, then, that what they demonstrate to you is "love"? Similarly, if you've no "God" thing to believe in, how do you know that what they demonstrate for "God" is belief?

CarlinKnew

Pair bonding is seen in other animals; it's useful for survival. No evidence for god there.

We as a species are capable of fearing ghosts and demons, trusting that rabbit's feet and four-leaf clovers bring us good luck, and forming bonds with imaginary friends. These are evolutionary flaws. No evidence for god there either.

mickiel

How do you know, then, that what they demonstrate to you is "love"? Similarly, if you've no "God" thing to believe in, how do you know that what they demonstrate for "God" is belief?

I don't know, but its still impressive. Whatever it is that makes a Woman be into me, is quite impressive, label it whatever you please, or don't label it. Its some type of emotion at the least. But it is also a devotion that I know is there. They are commited to you, will do for you. And this is how many view God. He is there for them, will do for them, I tell you, its like a Romance.

Its no doubt in my mind, that God has more people romantically involved with him, than any thing I have ever examined. Conversely, God has more people who hate him than I could ever count. This dynamic is real. Its VERY real.

And its very impressive, I mean people have died for God. Will give their Lives for him. Will try to literally change their nature for him. Will devote their entire lives to him. Man, this stuff is real, and there are many ramifications to consider in that.

Peace.

mickiel

Pair bonding is seen in other animals; it's useful for survival. No evidence for god there.

We as a species are capable of fearing ghosts and demons, trusting that rabbit's feet and four-leaf clovers bring us good luck, and forming bonds with imaginary friends. These are evolutionary flaws. No evidence for god there either.

Imagination is personal, and the person need not try to convince others of their world. I think that is a mistake that believers in God try to do, trying to convince others. If a woman Loves me, what need would she have to convince others of it? For what, what others think of your romance is illrelevant. So it is with a Romance with God. What others think of your belief is illrelevant.

Romance is not evolutionary, its current and dynamic. Belief in evolution itself is a flaw, and thus I do not accept evolution as a rational way to understand or dismiss the power of Romance.

And Romance is a power, and I want to go into that.

Peace.

mickiel

The capacity to feel romance is an evolved trait, just like all emotions.

Hopefully I'm reading this wrong. You don't accept the scientific fact of evolution?

I don't accept any theorys on evolution. Nothing is evolving, all things are growing or decaying and heading to its end. No matter is evolving, its all decaying. No human flesh, or animal flesh is evolving, only decaying.

The capacity to feel Romance is an instilled trait, just as animal behavior is an instilled trait. Things are moving according to their design.

Peace.

mickiel

Romance is a great power, the desire, the drive, its a force, an unseen force. It manipulates humans, it can drive an individual to do things against all reason. Apply this to God, and its just no doubt that human emotion is an instilled componant. Its unseen, like God, its powerful, like God, its influencial, just like God. Its both feared and desired, just like God.

Peace.

mickiel

So what about when romances go sour?

Something in the relationship has broken. Or one does not accept the other any longer. Many Atheist used to believe in God, but something happed to their belief, and they then rejected God. Conversely, many have not believed in God at first, but God " Grew on them."

I have had women that I particularly did not like at first, but something about them, " Grew on me", and I started liking them.

Although I have not Loved, I think Love is simular, its active, it grows and matures. Relationship is like this. Life is like this.

Peace.

mickiel

Who instills the trait of romance, Mickiel?

I think God instiled all the componants of human emotion into Adam, and it has been passed down through human reproduction ever since. Romance is a unique combination of emotion, desire, understanding, and judgement. And any one of these four can complettely overule the others at any given time.

Peace.

rojse

RF Addict
Something in the relationship has broken. Or one does not accept the other any longer. Many Atheist used to believe in God, but something happed to their belief, and they then rejected God. Conversely, many have not believed in God at first, but God " Grew on them."

I have had women that I particularly did not like at first, but something about them, " Grew on me", and I started liking them.

Although I have not Loved, I think Love is simular, its active, it grows and matures. Relationship is like this. Life is like this.

Peace.

It's not merely the two falling apart, sometimes, the former couple actually loathe eachother.

mickiel

I do wounder though. Why does romance prove your god, and not say... Aphrodite?

I have seen absolutely no evidence of Aphrodite, and have seen a lifetime of evidence for God, and am still yet seeing it.

I hope that answers your question.

Peace.

CarlinKnew

As I have stated, there is no such thing as evolution in my belief which I accept. All things come from God, and do what he designed them to do.

Peace.

Still, you revealed a complete misunderstanding of evolution. At least have an idea of what you're rejecting. Evolution has nothing to do with "matter decaying."

Status
Not open for further replies.