• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MI Legislation To Legalize Growing Milkweed

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Monarch butterflies have declined in this century.
I grow it at home & commercial properties to
feed monarch caterpillars.
But it's illegal in many communities because it's
a "noxious weed", ie, not pretty. New law would
legalize it everywhere.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I watched a black swallow tail form into a chrysalis on dill weed last year. There's a first time for everything. I wasn't able to watch it spread its wings, but the chrysalis forming process was cool to witness. I had thought it was a monarch, but apparently milkweed is the monarchs host plant and dill weed the black swallowtails. I wasn't aware that ugly plants were deemed unlawful in some areas. Good luck ... It's a little ironic, isn't it? "Noxious" unsightly and poisonous plants, worm - like creepy crawlers and what these produce, hahaha.

Monarchs are quite beautiful.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I watched a black swallow tail form into a chrysalis on dill weed last year. There's a first time for everything. I wasn't able to watch it spread its wings, but the chrysalis forming process was cool to witness. I had thought it was a monarch, but apparently milkweed is the monarchs host plant and dill weed the black swallowtails. I wasn't aware that ugly plants were deemed unlawful in some areas. Good luck ... It's a little ironic, isn't it? "Noxious" unsightly and poisonous plants, worm - like creepy crawlers and what these produce, hahaha.

Monarchs are quite beautiful.
My ultra-liberal home town, Ann Arbor MI,
had long demanded that every lawn be
sterile & identical. No ugly weeds that
promote creepy crawlies & other wonderful
critters. **** them. I prefer living outside
the city limits where I can have milkweed,
solar panels, & big hunks of scrap iron.

I'm just not suited for living in a dense civilized
community full of laws & social contracts.
Live & let live. It's better.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
My ultra-liberal home town, Ann Arbor MI,
had long demanded that every lawn be
sterile & identical. No ugly weeds that
promote creepy crawlies & other wonderful
critters. **** them. I prefer living outside
the city limits where I can have milkweed,
solar panels, & big hunks of scrap iron.

I'm just not suited for living in a dense civilized
community full of laws & social contracts.
Live & let live. It's better.

It's funny - Some people spend their entire lives living in shame just to later flourish, all while the communities from where they come place an unsightly or noxious type of stigma to their presence. Even worse is the way they are sometimes viewed after flourishing. "Who do they think they are? Troll mentality.

Further up further in - The last battle.

PureX

Veteran Member
When I was a kid, that stuff grew everywhere. And the monarch butterflies flew everywhere in the late summer.

Haven't seen either in a long time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I was a kid, that stuff grew everywhere. And the monarch butterflies flew everywhere in the late summer.

Haven't seen either in a long time.
Revoltistan has much milkweed now.
Monarch's aren't common, but soon will be.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
When I was young, living in Ottawa, there was milkweed just everywhere -- and the same when I came to Toronto. And we had monarchs! Boy did we have monarchs. There were times when I could walk through clouds of them and I enjoyed it immensely. Now, it's actually pretty rare to see a monarch, and I haven't seen a group of them in literally years.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I was young, living in Ottawa, there was milkweed just everywhere -- and the same when I came to Toronto. And we had monarchs! Boy did we have monarchs. There were times when I could walk through clouds of them and I enjoyed it immensely. Now, it's actually pretty rare to see a monarch, and I haven't seen a group of them in literally years.
In your case it's personal. Monarchs
shun you (because you make God cry).