• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mental Telepathy

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I have had ESP experiences, though mostly through training. I know that practise can hone them, as these experiences have grown in strength/ power as I've exercised them. ('Exercises'."Whoo! Push-ups for the third-eye, ten times.... *clap* Starrrrrrt-now!" I love the English language.)

Master Vigil

Of course, and it can be developed. Sometimes the methods are unconventional and seem stupid, but alot of geuine exercises are available.

I think mental telepathy and ESP are plain ol' superstition. Could you guys elaborate on what exactly is involved in these exercises, and their results?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm a fence sitter. I think it could exist, but I've had no experiences with it to prove its existence to me, so..

Master Vigil

Esp and telepathy are basic terms describing seeing and knowing things about the past, present, or future without the help of the normal 5 senses. The CIA have actually trained what they call "remote viewers" to achieve this. It is something within everyone, and can be brought out by either training, puberty, or any life changing experience. (Pretty much anything can I guess.) It's not too uncommon, like I said, everyone has it to some degree or another.

Master Vigil-- With what degree of accuracy do these people see into the future? If I wrote down numbers on a piece of paper, could they guess them, for example? I'd be very interested to see a demonstration, and I'm sure newspapers and people all over the world would be as well.

Master Vigil

Actually I've met people who can. It would be hard to find someone to have a demonstration, not because there aren't any, just that normally people with extreme esp don't normally go out much and socialize. There are many I suppose that do, but most of the people I know, are often almost hermits, because the world is not very supportive of them. Especially due to christianity. But yes, never play poker with a psychic. TRUST ME!!!!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mr_Spinkles said:
I think mental telepathy and ESP are plain ol' superstition. Could you guys elaborate on what exactly is involved in these exercises, and their results?

Although I haven't astral travelled very much, I had the interesting experience of taking a class on it, and that included one woman who journaled rather specifically where she'd been on her 'journey'. She had decided to go to the teachers' home in Texas (We were in Iowa at the time) and though she'd never heard a detailed description of his house, never seen any pictures, and never been in contact with anyone who would have told her what the house was like, she wrote down, from the size of the various rooms and the state of the massive libraries, to a spot-on detail of the shelves of bears he'd collected, including a tiny one that was wearing a pretend football jersey. (She'd even got the team name right.) This was all written down before she spoke with anyone, so no one could have given her any clues as whether or not she was right, whether subconsious ones or no. She read this to the group, and not only did the teacher confirm everything she'd said as correct, a few other people who *had* visited his house were amazed by the accuracy of the womans' description.

And as for the teacher himself? He has the ability to astral travel and project his will to the extent that he can physically be in Hawaii and flip on a light switch in Iowa. (He's a trouble-maker, that one! :) )

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
When I was a small child I used to tell people that the someone was on the phone, and invariably, in the time it took them to tell me that there wasn't anyone on the phone, it would ring, and there would be that person on the other end of the line. Gradually I stopped doing it as I got older, but I could still 'hear' my mother call me from the other end of the house when she only thought about doing it for years after.

In deference to Mr_Spinkles and his 'Magic String Theory' I will allow that perhaps my little ears heard a vibration of the phoneline no-one else was able to, and I just took a punt on the caller. :p

Runt

I do not believe in telepathy, but, as seems to happen whenever I try to address any of these kinds of events (I've got some odd ghost stories despite the fact that I don't believe in ghosts, etc), I've got a weird example that I myself cannot explain away despite my disbelief. In this particular case my mother and her brother, who are only a year apart and who, being the youngest two of eleven kids, were and are still very close, often have the same dream. For example, I'll wake up in the morning and my mom will tell me that the night before she had a dream with her brother in it. Since they have had shared dreams before, she'll call him up to see if this is another, and before you know it they're talking about the dream, WHICH THEY BOTH SHARED, describing settings, elements of their conversation, etc.

Needless to say, this kinda creeps me out, because I don't want to believe in telepathy, but this has happened too often for me to explain away by simply calling it "a chance occurance". The best explaination I can come up with is that because they were so close and because they were raised in the same environment and therefore had many similar life experiences, many of the symbols and settings that compose their dreams are shared... and the only reason that they, and not other siblings, realize this odd similarity between their dreams is because they happened to notice it at some distant point in the past, and have since then watched for it, whereas other siblings may also occassionally have "shared dreams" but don't know it because they've never asked their siblings if they had the same dream.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I think it exists, and I think it can be developed. I've lost count of how many times I have been sitting, thinking about calling someone on the telephone - only to have it ring, with them on the other end. It's happened far too often to be within the realm of 'coincidence'. :p

QTpi

Mischevious One
I haven't had any experience with mental telepathy, so I'm not sure whether it's possible to transfer one's thoughts to someone else. I have had ESP experiences all of my life, ever since I can remember. Sometimes I just know things without knowing how I know them. It's mostly "feelings," but those feelings are never wrong and they are different from "regular" feelings. It's the same with dreams. Some are regular dreams and others are premonitions. They are very different from each other.

Hang on just a moment. *puts on skeptic hat* Now then, where were we? ;)

lady_lazarus said:
In deference to Mr_Spinkles and his 'Magic String Theory' I will allow that perhaps my little ears heard a vibration of the phoneline no-one else was able to, and I just took a punt on the caller. :p
Or, perhaps the same people call often enough so that chance will allow for this coincidence to happen every now and then, and when it doesn't happen (when you say the phone will ring and it doesn't ring until, say, an hour later) it is ignored. It can be surprising what kinds of coincidences are not only allowed for but predicted by the odds.

Master Vigil said:
Actually I've met people who can. It would be hard to find someone to have a demonstration, not because there aren't any, just that normally people with extreme esp don't normally go out much and socialize.
Well, surely even hermits will use the internet, or you could just talk to them and ask them. As soon as he/she is ready, I'll write down a number and he/she can try to guess it.

FeathersinHair said:
And as for the teacher himself? He has the ability to astral travel and project his will to the extent that he can physically be in Hawaii and flip on a light switch in Iowa. (He's a trouble-maker, that one! )
Can he flip on a light switch in Ohio? If so, I'll send him my address and we can set up a time so I can watch him do this.

Runt--you should have your siblings write down everything they can remember about their dreams before they talk to each other. You make a good point that people with similar experiences can have similar dreams etc.

Bastet said:
I think it exists, and I think it can be developed. I've lost count of how many times I have been sitting, thinking about calling someone on the telephone - only to have it ring, with them on the other end. It's happened far too often to be within the realm of 'coincidence'.
Are you sure about that? Have you carefully documented how many times a day you receive calls, at what times, and from whom? Have you recorded how many times a day and for how long you think about calling someone? How many times do you sit and think about calling someone, and they do not call you? Have you examined at what times people call you/you call people (i.e. right after work, before you go to bed)? All these things could greatly increase the odds that while you sit for so many minutes thinking about calling someone, that person calls at that time. I have a sneaking suspicion that a careful statistical analysis will show this kind of thing is well within the realm of coincidence--if you sit and think about calling people enough, and people call you often enough, then what you describe is not only not a coincidence, it's expected! ;)

if you are curious in astral plains or projection or telepathy i highly reccomend the book Astral Dynamics: A New Approach To Out Of Body Experince's and also if you live in california check out the biocybernaut institute

Cerrax

That One Guy
Remote viewers are very accurate. I've seen many documentaries on them and there's even a recently un-classified file from the CIA about a remote viewer who predicted an attack on a US Navy ship by the Russians to the exact second and within 5 feet of where the torpedo hit the ship.

I believe that mental telepathy exists. According to my faith, souls resonate with Gaia and Feith. Feith being the controller of our path, can be tapped into, though he cannot be swayed, very talented individuals can see what is in the future. The simpler telepathy is meditation to contact Gaia, which I have done several times.