• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

men and erection control

How much control do men have controlling an erection

• Total voters

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
From personal experience, I can be very turned on without getting an erection. If I am in my own head, it is harder to control, but if I am in a social setting and actively engaged with others in conversation, I can control the blood flow. Then sometimes you get an erection from having to urinate. That is more difficult to control. Haha...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When you're thinking about a woman, the mind can easily transfer over to someone that's very attractive.

When you're thinking about baseball, you can imagine a game and viola! you've lost the erection. It's a great tactic when you're about to stand up while wearing slacks. :yes:

I was thinking more along simultaneous lines...

[youtube]x1-jWl0O34U[/youtube]
YouTube - Anthem Fail

*Looks down for confirmation* ;O)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Perhaps I am not being clear enough in my writing. Or perhaps peo;le are just skim readings.

The troubling aspect I am reporting is not frequent public erections that I can’t control. This does not happen that often to me. The purpose of my message is two-fold. First, to ask if it is normal to have such powerful erections when witnessing accidently oriented sexual types of behaviors real life events (see post # 29 about seeing the women who’s bikini accidently fell off). Second, to ask – since this is a religious forum – if others think this is the way God created men.
Sorry, alot of people here have comprehension issues from time to time.
Honestly, your answer is in your own text. You find arousal from these incidents because you see them as being sexual, and with the increase in the shock from it, it will almost always trigger an erection. My recommendation is just not get worked up over it. When you see something sexual, pay no attention to it.
It may be something physical, such as a high or healthy (depending on age) level of testosterone, a hypothalamus that has increases size or activity, or another number of factors. Or speaking purely from psychological research and studies, if you fit the category for sexually repressed then these erections can be comparable to someone who is drowning, and gasping for air as soon as they surface.
As far as the way humans are designed, whether it is by God, nature, aliens, or whatever, it is how the body is designed to function. The hypothalamus, a specific part of the brain, is there for sexual urges and desires. Your own brain will make you have them. Having testosterone also boosts sexual cravings. That is just what it is to be human.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Its possible but this is why people have to consult their physician and try not to guess
I am certain that with the OP, it is more psychological than physical.

atanu

Premium Member
One thing that seems to get easier with age is controlling erections. A 14 year old seems to have many more spontaneous erections than does a 40 year old. By the time you get to be 97 or so, you will probably regret that you have achieved full control over your spontaneous erections.

And if you are still having embarrassing spontaneous erections at that age, you will almost certainly be able to quell them by focusing your thoughts on the image of your being in bed with Songbird as she enchantingly lectures you on the finer points of Scholastic Theology from the Middle Ages. In all likelihood, you will not even want to hear the word "erection" in that context.

Someone told me something that has kept me under stress for very long now.

The gist is: The desire is in mind (conscious or subconscious) and the effect manifests as a swollen member -- and that is fortunate since there is still a way to work it out. Just as you tell us of the 97 year old, my friend took the prospect a step further -- to unembodied existence. Suppose you do not have a body but have intense desire.

Well. Isn't that scary? Possibly, an unembodied partner also will not be of any help.

trdash

Again, my past message may not have the needed precision and clarity.

I am not too concerned about public erections. I think I am like normal men and get them from time to time. I do not like public erections because I have a difficult time hiding them due to size and angle (mine sticks straight out, not upward and I have heard the straight upward erections are easier to hide – any men with upward erections are welcome to share if this is myth or has some truth). I also dislike them because I have not been circumcised and dislike how part of the end sticks out and causes sexual sensitivity (I believe in circumcision, but my parents did not!). But I think I handled this well and it does not happen too often (I might get a public erection once in a week or two -- I think this is normal but other men can comment if this is normal). I did not want to discuss this element of erections, however, if other want to, I have no problem with such a discussion.

My concern – the purpose of my thread – is that there have been times in my life that I have no control over erections (which I have already explained). It is not that I am sexual deprived (I am married for a wonderful wife and I have never had to deal with sexual deprivement) and when those times have occurred I have felt disappointed at how little control I have – even when I change my mind and think of serious or sad events. Perhaps it is more related to shock, but I live, I believe, a normal life and think I see normal things, like everyday cleavage, sexual aspects on normal TV/movies, etc.

I also know that a good part of sexuality is social conditioning; men in other cultures do not find breasts attractive. Yet, whenever my wife flashes me her breasts I get an instant erection (appropriate) but in other events I also get erections that I really do not want at all (which I already explain – example – the woman losing her bikini top at the beach).

In short, here is what I am trying to ask. First, are there other men out there that have found that there are times in their life that they have almost no control – or maybe no control at all? If so, what do you do about it to gain control? Second, for men who can control their erections (in private of public), what do you do to control them?

I voted that men have a mild amount of erection control – basically based on my own experience. Can the men who claim they have control of preventing erections (or women who know men who claim this) explain what they do to have better control? Let me also add that I think many men do not feel comfortable with this topic – men admitting no or little control – might think it’s a sign of weakness, or something (I think more men than not will claim to have better control that what they have). And although I prefer a public discussion, if you feel embarrassed by this, you are welcome to send me a private message.

trdash

Being that this thread has become silent after considerable dialog, I think I may have crossed the line and shared too much in my last post. Please accept my apology if I shared too much and made others uncomfortable. I have struggled with the thought that most men have little control over preventing erections and probable shared too much about myself.

Should ask a moderator to delete it?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Being that this thread has become silent after considerable dialog, I think I may have crossed the line and shared too much in my last post. Please accept my apology if I shared too much and made others uncomfortable. I have struggled with the thought that most men have little control over preventing erections and probable shared too much about myself.

Should ask a moderator to delete it?

Nah, don't worry about it. :D
It happens a lot. It is not related to your post or nothing like that.

Let me answer the question in your last post then.

trdash said:
In short, here is what I am trying to ask. First, are there other men out there that have found that there are times in their life that they have almost no control – or maybe no control at all? If so, what do you do about it to gain control? Second, for men who can control their erections (in private of public), what do you do to control them?

Certainly it happens to me too. As an example, it is awfull when it happens in the bus. There are far many cases where i have almost no control over my erections, or i could even say no control at all. Also, in my personal case, i find it easier to let go of erections if i am standing/walking. If i am sitting on a chair things can get very difficult.

trdash

Also, in my personal case, i find it easier to let go of erections if i am standing/walking. If i am sitting on a chair things can get very difficult.

I got so caught up in the breast implant thread, I forgot about this one. If I may ask, how do you "let go" of an erection while standing, becasue i sure can't seem to do this?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I got so caught up in the breast implant thread, I forgot about this one. If I may ask, how do you "let go" of an erection while standing, becasue i sure can't seem to do this?

Shifting my attention to something that may worry me or distract my attention while moving my legs. Walking quickly does wonders to me.

I also found out the hard way that if i don't use underwear things get awfull to me on regards to unwanted erections.
In this case, walking around can actually get me more excited.

Last edited:

trdash

Koldo:

Yes, this works for me too. Please keep in mind my cocnern has not been everyday cocern. As I have suggested, I get an occasional public erection and can use thought change to reduce or remedy this. However, there have been a handful of times in my life that seems like NOTHING cna control it. This latter issue is more or lass what I am refering too.

I have not been able to articulate myself very well in this thread, because I think I am still confused about my own view. So, thanks for offering suggestive thougths.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Koldo:

Yes, this works for me too. Please keep in mind my cocnern has not been everyday cocern. As I have suggested, I get an occasional public erection and can use thought change to reduce or remedy this. However, there have been a handful of times in my life that seems like NOTHING cna control it. This latter issue is more or lass what I am refering too.

I have not been able to articulate myself very well in this thread, because I think I am still confused about my own view. So, thanks for offering suggestive thougths.

How long are you talking about exactly?
How long do you have to stand the "unwanted erection" when not in [visual] contact with anything that may give arise to sexual arousal anymore?

trdash

koldo

My issue is simply this – there have been a handful of time where I saw something sexual and it seemed like I could not let an erection go. I have shared two of these in past posts. Even at my age of being in my late 30’s I still have occasional public erections. In both issues – but especially the former – I have been disappointed that I could not let the erection go through thought control. I have come to learn – and accept – that I (and I think most men) have a mild amount of control in preventing erections in certain circumstances and started this thread to see what other men think (although women are welcome to chime in). I use to me more bothered by this 9psychologically and physically) – but have learned to accept it and it has become easier with age (although I still have a real curiousity of men who have erections who point straight up to their belly-buttons can hide it in public better – but I do not think any men feel comfortable responding to this question even in private). But I suer to hate the fact – deeply – that I could not prevent an erection.

To answer your questions, that handful of incidents I probable had an erection for 30-45 minutes afterwards. Not a good thing in public. What about you -- how long does it take to let one go? Any other men want to respond?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
To answer your questions, that handful of incidents I probable had an erection for 30-45 minutes afterwards. Not a good thing in public. What about you -- how long does it take to let one go? Any other men want to respond?

If i am walking it takes 5 minutes at most, and if i am sitting it can take a lot longer as 20-25 minutes at most. Yours seems to take a lot longer though.

Last edited:

trdash

Koldo:

Please remember that the 30-45 minutes is only related to this hadnful of events. Normally, it probable more like 10 minutes, maybe 15 at the most -- in normal public events.

Princeps Eugenius

I am new here and this is my first post. I have had this question for some time and have gone back and forth on whether to ask this on a religious forum. But am looking for mature discussion within a religious and Christian framework. I am in my late 30’s, married, have four children, and am a devote Christian.

My question is this: How much control do men have over erections? Did God design men so that they would have little control over erections?

With this said, I am not suggesting that men can’t control their behaviors one an erection has occurred. In fact, I think the opposite, even with erections, men can control behaviors, but it’s the lack of controlling of the actual erection that I have always found troubling.
Yeah, many times i get erections that i dont even want. Over really weird stuff. Sometimes it comes in handy though. But overall i am very disappointed with the control.