• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the introverts who are dreading a return to normal

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Extro/intro-vert here, there is much i miss about the pre covid days. Just hopping in the car and visiting friends, seeing new places, meeting new people. The ubiquitous french kiss (the French cheek kiss kind, not the American exchange body fluids kind).

I don't mind the masks so much but social distancing is something of an imposition that must be followed

The intro part, I also enjoy home life, being close to family and i do like my own company. So have had many months of just that and no one has been injured yet.

51a.jpg

And green is my favourite colour...:D For those who don't do french, "vert" is French for green

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Meet the introverts who are dreading a return to normal

Social scientists correctly predicted that introverts were best suited to weather the stress of the past year. After months of lockdown, the question now is whether introverts can teach the rest of us something about moving forward.

When restrictions were imposed last year, “I had extrovert friends who were just losing their minds,” says Sólo. But introverts were finally getting the uninterrupted time they craved.

Not every introvert, of course — those suddenly spending 24/7 with family members or roommates were much more stressed. But most of Granneman’s audience said they loved being at home, freed from all the invitations, the meetings, the many outings with family and friends.

So how about you? Do you lean introvert or extrovert? (It's a sliding scale, not an either or, you can be some of both and even situationally an introvert or extrovert).

Myself, I lean introvert, and this sentence from the article speaks for me:

Introverts missed seeing their close friends but savored the ability to go for hours or even days without speaking to another person.

Are you ready to go back out into the pre-quarantine world? Or are you already mourning the impending loss of the solitude you didn't have to make any excuses for?

I’m an extrovert that lives like an introvert. While I like interacting with others, I do so on my own terms, as I enjoy my solitude. I don’t feel the need to make excuses to withdraw.

As a result, the pandemic didn’t significantly change how I interact with the world around me save wearing a mask and using more sanitizer. Even before the pandemic, I had my bubble. I’m not a touchy type person.

So I don’t see much changing for me moving into the post-pandemic world save shedding the mask and going back to wearing glasses (though the contacts are starting to grow in me).

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So how about you? Do you lean introvert or extrovert
I know that Sri Aurobindo stayed in his room for 40 years (no phone, internet in those years). That I call an introvert

Compared to that I am an extrovert

But I must admit that I love the freedom that came with corono. No need to beg to go into Self Quarantaine (Sabbatical) for a few weeks or as long as I wanted. No people bothering me, all kept nice distance.

Shopping is a breeze, not busy at all.

And I enjoy every minute of this Corona time granted. I never liked to go out before, so not much changed

But, the first day, because of the unknown and horror stories, I was a bit worried to get sick. But that never happened, so I just enjoy my time doing my research.

Probably compared to 'normal' people I might fall under introvert

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Wait 'till you hear the ridiculous prices. The average flat goes for just below €10,000.-- / m².
How much is that in American dollars?
How big is an average flat?
Why is it so expensive, is it a desirable area to love?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry, I am not up to learning another language at my age.... It is either Belize, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, if I finally get so disgusted with the United States that I cannot take it anymore.... :eek:
Then again, I am not one to run away from trouble, but what I can I do to help, that's what I ask myself....
Then there are the cats to think about so I best stop dreaming of a distant getaway. :(
I would still like an island without cars though so I will keep looking as I heard there are such places in the states.

Heyo

Veteran Member
How much is that in American dollars?
About $12000 / m² or $1200 / foot².
How big is an average flat?
I don't know, I'd guess about 50 m².
Why is it so expensive, is it a desirable area to love?
No. It is a desirable area to stay on vacation. Many flats and even houses are owned by people living on the continent. They come for vacations or rent their flats/houses out.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Sorry, I am not up to learning another language

Nor me, I was never any good at other languages - French, Spanish, German or Italian in fact! My partner on the other hand can speak more Italian than our Italian neighbours....
But I can use Google Translate :p

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I know that Sri Aurobindo stayed in his room for 40 years (no phone, internet in those years). That I call an introvert

Yeah 40 years in one room would definitely be outside the bell curve. :)

I've enjoyed my quarantine time, and a large part of that has been not having to explain myself or apologize for it. It was socially acceptable.

But I'm very aware there's a certain amount of privilege in that. I didn't have to go to work.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Don't get your hopes up, they are introverts after all

Your post gave me a chuckle. But maybe they'll teach by example, more than by words.

Someone I knew once... I don't know if he thought of himself as an introvert, but he seemed to me to l lean that way. I learned more from him by what he didn't say more than by what he did say. Because he didn't say a lot, when he did - I paid more attention, and what he said carried more meaning because I knew he'd thought about it a lot first. He had a presence, but it was a quiet presence. Not a "look at me, I'm in the house!" kind of presence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
About $12000 / m² or $1200 / foot².

I don't know, I'd guess about 50 m².
No. It is a desirable area to stay on vacation. Many flats and even houses are owned by people living on the continent. They come for vacations or rent their flats/houses out.
If I did the math right that is even out of my budget..... $3,240,000. for a house the size I live in now.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nor me, I was never any good at other languages - French, Spanish, German or Italian in fact! My partner on the other hand can speak more Italian than our Italian neighbours....
But I can use Google Translate :p
I studied Spanish when I first went to college, in fact that was my major for a while, but that was a very long time ago.
If I still knew Spanish I'd head south to South America - Ecuador, Uruguay, or Chile.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've enjoyed my quarantine time, and a large part of that has been not having to explain myself or apologize for it. It was socially acceptable.
I don't care what is socially acceptable so I never explain myself or apologize.
If people don't accept me for who I am that is not my problem.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I don't care what is socially acceptable so I never explain myself or apologize.
If people don't accept me for who I am that is not my problem.

We're very different. Admittedly, I often care too much about what people think about me. I haven't ever been to that place where I feel I can be myself without apology come hell or high water.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Perhaps that comes with age? (Said in ignorance of your age :) )

Latish middle-aged and definitely old enough to know better. :) I think some people are naturally themselves without apology and some learn how to be that way whether through positive or negative experiences, and some never get there.