• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Christianity in general. I particularly like reading stuff about ancient Christianity and Gnosticism.
That's great, I relate.

Science fiction and fantasy. My top three favorite series are The Wheel of Time, Sten, and Shannara.
Any fav classical Sci fi novels?

Wasn't that bad actually. A piece of metal sighting had come loose on the side of the house and was getting blown all over the place. I went on the roof to try and fix it before the storm that was only minutes away hit. Next thing I knew I heard the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard in my life and I felt a jolt of electricity jump from my elbow into the piece of sighting I was trying to fix. Luckily the lightning bolt did not hit me directly, I think it hit the house first and only part of the electricity traveled through me. I had a weird red mark on my elbow for the rest of the night along with a strange warm sensation beneath the skin. The weird part about the whole thing was only a couple weeks earlier my friend from school had been hit by lighting as well. Only his was much worse, it struck him directly in the head. He got away with only singed ear drums.
niag. lucky. but quite an experience :D
My mother and her friends were also struck by lightning when she was a kid, as far as I remember she told me she momentarily lost conscious.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I could not stand chemistry... If I never step foot in Brown or Wetherill again it will be too soon. Of course me having chem lab my first semester here on Saturdays at 8:30 did not help either.

Ewwww, Saturday classes. Purdue is the only university I ever heard of that had students take classes on Saturdays.

My condolences. :hug:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
#1 & #3 are consistent with each other. #2 seems too dumb for you to do, so I guess that it is a fib.

Walkntune

For those who do not know me already, I am a student in Astronautical Engineering at Purdue University. I study religion as a hobby, read obsessively, and am a complete tech freak. This summer me and my wife will be moving to New Mexico where I will be starting my job as an engineer in the Air Force.

Some quick random facts about me:
My favorite book series is The Wheel of Time, favorite movie is the Fifth Element, and I ran Cross Country in High School.

And to have a little fun with this thread I thought of something that might be fun. It is called "Two truths and a lie". Whoever guesses the lie in my next three statements gets some frubals.
1. I have been hit by lightning.
2. I jumped (superman style) off my roof in Middle School and cracked 5 ribs and an arm.
3. Virtually every part of my body has been on fire at some point in my life (both intentionally and not).

If you have any other questions just ask.:D
Number 2 is a lie.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Just to clarify, #2 is not completely a lie. It happened to my friend, although he did not break any bones (and to this day we do not know how). He did, however, bite through his lip and need stitches on the inside of his mouth.

croak

Trickster
Just to clarify, #2 is not completely a lie. It happened to my friend, although he did not break any bones (and to this day we do not know how). He did, however, bite through his lip and need stitches on the inside of his mouth.
Well, it didn't happen to you. xD

But wow, lucky guy. Crazy maybe, but lucky as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.