• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Medjugorje: Mary's apparitions: are they real

Medjugorje: are Mary's apparitions real

• Yes, they are real. Mary appears to those people

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, it is just a hoax

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, something appears to those people. But it's just a Satan's trick.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well. not only the messages but also the miracles performed in Medjugorje reveal me that Mary appears to those people since the eighties.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Mary's messages from Medjugorje, strengthen my Pelagian faith, because they say three important things:
-That sin is avoidable
-That Mary was sinless
- and that we can become as sinless as Mary

That's what Mary says , message from 2011
My children; Again, in a motherly way, I implore you to stop for a moment and to reflect on yourselves and on the transience of this your earthly life. Then reflect on eternity and the eternal beatitude. What do you want? Which way do you want to set out on? The Father`s love sends me to be a mediatrix for you, to show you with motherly love the way which leads to the purity of soul; a soul unburdened by sin; a soul that will come to know eternity. I am praying that the light of the love of my Son may illuminate you, so that you may triumph over weaknesses and come out of misery. You are my children and I desire for all of you to be on the way of salvation. Therefore, my children, gather around me that I may have you come to know the love of my Son and thus open the door of eternal beatitude. Pray as I do for your shepherds. Again I caution you: do not judge them, because my Son chose them. Thank you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt1M47mGC8

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Well. not only the messages but also the miracles performed in Medjugorje reveal me that Mary appears to those people since the eighties.

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Not all miracles are from Jesus.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I don't know whether it's authentic and divine or not, nor do I concern myself with it. However, I have been in personal contact with people and organizations who were inspired by these apparitions--the head of our youth education program at my former Roman Catholic parish was converted to Catholicism thanks to Medjugorje, and an entire Austrian Charismatic Catholic group I occasionally worshipped with was founded after three students from Vienna went there, and some sort of fruit ripened in their hearts. All I can say is that Medjugorje cultivates spiritual fruit in the hearts of some faithful, and I don't think this fruit is necessarily bad.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
They were real to the people who saw them. Whether they were real apparitions or not, I could never answer that and I don't think anyone else could, either.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Mary's messages from Medjugorje, strengthen my Pelagian faith, because they say three important things:
-That sin is avoidable
-That Mary was sinless
- and that we can become as sinless as Mary

That's what Mary says , message from 2011
My children; Again, in a motherly way, I implore you to stop for a moment and to reflect on yourselves and on the transience of this your earthly life. Then reflect on eternity and the eternal beatitude. What do you want? Which way do you want to set out on? The Father`s love sends me to be a mediatrix for you, to show you with motherly love the way which leads to the purity of soul; a soul unburdened by sin; a soul that will come to know eternity. I am praying that the light of the love of my Son may illuminate you, so that you may triumph over weaknesses and come out of misery. You are my children and I desire for all of you to be on the way of salvation. Therefore, my children, gather around me that I may have you come to know the love of my Son and thus open the door of eternal beatitude. Pray as I do for your shepherds. Again I caution you: do not judge them, because my Son chose them. Thank you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt1M47mGC8
IDK about you, but I get a completely different understanding from this message.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Any personal revelation that contradicts the deposit of faith is invalid on the face of it. I don't know if Mediugorje does this as I don't know much about it.

ametist

i think i would go with what vatican experts has to say. they make thorough investigations to get to a point.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
well, purity of the souls means sinless soul. It cannot be interpreted otherwise
Yes, but this state of sinlessness is not to be found in this mortal life, for there is no one who lives and does not sin (1 Kings 8:46, 1 John 1:8-10, Romans 3:10-20). Mary is asking us if we want to be on the way to salvation and eternal life in Heaven, or on the way to death, sin and destruction.

Last edited:

ZooGirl02

I will have to say that I personally do not have an opinion on the issue and won't until the an official decision is made by the Magisterium. I trust their wisdom and knowledge far more than my own and will be satisfied with whatever decision the Magisterium comes to. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I think Mirjana is the one who is the bearer of peace. God's peace.
Vicka is the bearer of God's joy.