• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meditation and the Conquering of Desire

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I think it's best to keep an open mind. IMO neither belief or disbelief are particularly conducive to that.
True, but then if you realize through experience that a certain belief does indeed represent something real, then realization replaces the belief. However to be clear, that realization can not be conveyed to anyone, believer or non-believer, who has not yet experienced the realization.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Excuse me, but you really do not understand my understanding for the simple reason that you have not experienced my experiences.
It is just like belief in God. I find no reason to give it any credence. Similarly Kundalini too. Give me a reason to give it any credence, before I start to search.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is just like belief in God. I find no reason to give it any credence. Similarly Kundalini too. Give me a reason to give it any credence, before I start to search.
There is no reason to give you a reason, you are welcome to believe whatever you want. I wish you the best in life's journey.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
True, but then if you realize through experience that a certain belief does indeed represent something real, then realization replaces the belief. However to be clear, that realization can not be conveyed to anyone, believer or non-believer, who has not yet experienced the realization.

Sure. I think it's quite subjective though, given that people interpret their experiences in different ways. Sometimes people "find" what they expect to find, or want to find, and confirmation bias can have a significant effect here.
On the other hand, you're very unlikely to find something if you're not looking for it, or have dismissed it as a possibility.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sure. I think it's quite subjective though, given that people interpret their experiences in different ways. Sometimes people "find" what they expect to find, or want to find, and confirmation bias can have a significant effect here.
On the other hand, you're very unlikely to find something if you're not looking for it, or have dismissed it as a possibility.
Also true, ultimately the proof of the pudding is in the eating, it may take a lifetime to ultimately find out if 'it' is really real.