• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Medical Woes

Draka

Wonder Woman
I had a doctor appointment this afternoon and got some strange news. This may be a little TMI for some, but I'd thought I'd let people know what is going on with me.

The doctor found a large mass in my left breast AND a mass in the area of my uterus. Because I am younger than 40 I do not qualify as eligible to have a mammogram and I don't have insurance. They are trying to get me on a state paid insurance program ASAP so they can send me to Iowa City Hospitals for complete ultrasounds of both areas. While the doctor was saying it may be nothing to worry about she is really pressing to get me these appointments ASAP. The thing is that cancer runs rampant in my mother's side of the family at very young ages. So, whether the doctor is telling me not to worry or not, I think she has an idea that it may be worth worrying over.

I will let you all know just what is going on with me as soon as I have the results of my appointments and tests.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Draka said:
I had a doctor appointment this afternoon and got some strange news. This may be a little TMI for some, but I'd thought I'd let people know what is going on with me.

The doctor found a large mass in my left breast AND a mass in the area of my uterus. Because I am younger than 40 I do not qualify as eligible to have a mammogram and I don't have insurance. They are trying to get me on a state paid insurance program ASAP so they can send me to Iowa City Hospitals for complete ultrasounds of both areas. While the doctor was saying it may be nothing to worry about she is really pressing to get me these appointments ASAP. The thing is that cancer runs rampant in my mother's side of the family at very young ages. So, whether the doctor is telling me not to worry or not, I think she has an idea that it may be worth worrying over.

I will let you all know just what is going on with me as soon as I have the results of my appointments and tests.
Oh Draka,

i am sure you must be worrying; (who wouldn't be ?) All I can offer is prayer and my best wishes - If you need a shoulder..........

Do keep us updated.....my wife had a similar fright a couple of years ago (breast only though) - I don't think we men can have an inkling of what you must be going through........:(

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Please let me know if I can drop by for awhile at any time to help with groceries or taxi-ing or things like that. (I'd offer to help with housekeeping stuff, but you already saw how horrible I am at it!) I'll be doing meditations and prayers for you, too, with your permission.

You are such a strong person that, if it is cancer, I know you'll kick its fanny! Although Iowa might not be the best for providing state-funded health care, I'm glad it's not among the worst. The financial aspect of it is sometimes the most worry-inducing part, so I'll definately be praying for that. Do you think that maybe we might be able to have a fund-raiser in your town to try to help?

I'm just so glad that the doctor was able to detect it before it got any worse.

robtex

Veteran Member
how much do mammograms cost? I don't know the what the qualifications for medicaid are but here is the website.
http://www.cms.hhs.gov/default.asp?

The qualification are based on income level. Sweetie I feel for you. Either way its early on they saw something. It takes alot of time for problems like that to grow. Hang in there.

The Black Whirlwind

that must suck. I remeber when i peed red, i thought i had urinal cancer or something, but it was because i had eaten beets the night before:eek:

QTpi

Mischevious One
Oh, Draka, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I think waiting to find out something is the hardest part. You know we're here for you if you need us. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
Draka hun you know I am here for you, if there is anything I can do, please tell me! You will most certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Thank you all so much for your concern. It is the wait that kills. So many "what-ifs" go through your mind and you can't help but wonder about the worst case scenarios. Cancer runs so thick in my family that I can't help but think that may be just what I'm looking at. The way things are I don't even know when I will get to U of I Hospitals yet. I have to wait for the state insurance approval before an appointment will even be set. So here I am sitting and wondering what exactly is wrong with nothing I can do about it. I don't even know how many times I will have to go back for other appointments to even figure out what this is. The only way to know for sure is a biopsy and I don't think they will do that the first appointment...that will have to be scheduled for another time and play the waiting game some more.

I am not ever one to ask for this...never have and never thought I would, but I appreciate your kind offers of prayers and take those who have offered up on it. I am a big believer in the power of prayer. Thank you so much to everyone...for your prayers, your thoughts, and your ears. You all offer so much in your own way and it is all appreciated.

Kowalski

Draka said:

Good luck and best wishes,

K

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Hi Draka,

I don't relly know you but I am sure there is help in the financing department. Hopefully you have discovered this soon enough to get it all fixed up. My sister had to undergoe an extensive surgical replacement of her breast due to cancer. My best wishes and it sounds like your doctor is on the ball.