• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matrix Glitch at a Church burnt in Grandview W.V.

Are Bibles/Crosses unharmed by fire a Matrix Glitch?

• Yes: Bibles/Crosses unharmed by fire is a glitch in the Matrix.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No: Bibles/Crosses unharmed by fire aren't a Matrix Glitch.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
All the Bibles and crosses in the church remained unscathed, during an intense fire at a church in West Virginia.

screen-shot-2019-03-05-at-7.04.45-am.png

Duke_Leto

One wonders why God takes the trouble to prevent Bibles from being burned, but doesn't prevent rapes, murders, or natural disasters when it's humans involved.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
All the Bibles and crosses in the church remained unscathed, during an intense fire at a church in West Virginia.

relight my fire

Matt 23:19-21
Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
One wonders why God takes the trouble to prevent Bibles from being burned, but doesn't prevent rapes, murders, or natural disasters when it's humans involved.

In Christianity, the resurrected Christ is the ultimate act of caring for everyone by God. ...:)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

They look pretty darned scathed to me.
If you'd found a bible immersed in fire, yet untouched
by charring or smoke, then you'd have something.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think calling this a “glitch” would imply that this phenomenon is the result of some kind of malfunction in The Matrix...

I believe that this is either a) deliberate on the part of The Matrix’s administration or b) a fortunate turn of events and nothing more

I am therefore voting for it not being a glitch as I don’t think that is really an option, IMO

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Do I have a distinct feeling that those wasn't the only objects in the building that we're not burned? I got that feeling. ..

Anyways speaking of fireproof miracles check out Buddha boy's fireproof skin! He likes to sit in fire for fun!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Do I have a distinct feeling that those wasn't the only objects in the building that we're not burned? I got that feeling. ..

Anyways speaking of fireproof miracles check out Buddha boy's fireproof skin! He likes to sit in fire for fun!

Did he put fire resistant lotion or any fire retardant lubricant on the skin of his legs as they were exposed to flames?

Twilight Hue

Did he put fire resistant lotion or any fire retardant lubricant on the skin of his legs as they were exposed to flames?
I don't know but it's obviously a scam.

Christianity isn't the only game in town that has miracles and cornered the market.

Whats really bizzare is Christians somehow think things like this are unique and exclusive. A lot of objects strangely survive fires all the time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I see flames around him (but not under him).
There's no indication of contact with skin.
Now if one of those flames came up between his shins &
his junk, the case for a fireproof monk would be stronger.

Twilight Hue

Exactly. It's clear the Bibles and crosses survived in a similar manner. I just don't see what's so special about it.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Somebody could wear a fireproof transparent chastity belt and then blow torch around the trunk of his junk; this would enable him to have fireproof balls.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
That doesn't explain why he would choose to save silly books and chintzy knickknacks rather than actual people.

In Christianity, God had already been there done that; so I suppose, He might now prefer amusing us and himself by other paranormal events.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We need more facts to assess whether the claim is literally true, and if so, how remarkable it is.

(a) What was the extent of the fire?
(b) How many bibles were involved? Is it true that literally none of them was damaged in any way ─ not by fire, by water, by falling &c.
(c) How many crosses were involved? How many were wood, how many were metal, were some of other materials? Is it literally true that none of them was damaged in any way ─ not by fire, by water, by falling &c
(d) Where was each unscathed item located relative to the materials that were burning? Were all the bibles out in the open, for instance?
(e) If the church was insured, was any claim made that involved or included any cross or bible?

And there will likely be further questions depending on the answers to these.