1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masturbation

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Misty, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Mestemia

Mestemia Advocatus Diaboli Premium Member

This thread is so much quieter with mr hornytooth on ignore.

Aquitaine and Smoke like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Well-Known Member

LAWL!

I'm sorry, but are you a Woman?

3. I Keep Unicorns

I Keep Unicorns New Member

Merriam Webster is wrong and horntooth is correct? Oh, right. :sarcastic
    Don't you think there's a reason a wet dream is called a "wet dream" in the first place - rather than just an orgasm?

Nocturnal / Spontaneous / Involuntary ejaculation? Those would seem apt.

Oh, dear!.. Well how terribly mistaken you are!
    Regarding definition: Well, you had better get used to it. Women orgasm. I'm sorry, but it is fact.

Regarding purported length of female orgasm: The longest recorded female orgasm is 43 seconds with 25 consecutive contractions. Orgasm, my orgasm: The top ten most fascinating climax facts - National Sexual Health | Examiner.com

I'm sorry that you're wrong. I hope you can cope with this information as you seem quite determined to shove silly facts aside and believe, somehow, that women don't orgasm... We do.

4. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

you can call it orgasm, but it's not that, since women medically don't ejaculate.
    if you want to call your clitorises penises, go right ahead, but it will not make them that.

5. Skwim

Skwim Well-Known Member

Religion:
    Agnostic
    Female ejaculation: click HERE. And please give your source for the definition of orgasm which requires ejaculation.

6. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

the definition:
    Nocturnal emission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "may be considered a type of spontaneous orgasm."
    so, since orgasm can happen without pleasure (of which the nocturnal emission is the example), pleasure is not a condition of an orgasm happening, and thus cannot define one. therefore, since it's not pleasure that defines an orgasm (it cannot be, because of the past sentence i wrote- it's pure logic), the ejaculation is what defines an orgasm, and orgasm can (but doesn't need to be) accompanied with pleasure.

the page you gave:
    Female ejaculation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "the ignorance and/or confusion still prevalent among women about the anatomy and physiology of their sexual organs may make them mistake either vaginal lubrication or stress urinary incontinence for an "ejaculation""
    women don't medically ejaculate. they don't have anything to ejaculate, they can only pour out or squirt vaginal lubrication or urine.

7. I Keep Unicorns

What say you to researchers from the University Medical Center of Groningen, the Netherlands, who have measured the female orgasm? It is curious that, of that entire Wikipedia article, you highlighted the definition part, (which, by the way, did nothing to uphold your theory that the female orgasm exclusively is non-existant, or even so much as questionable), while managing to completely ignore all of the other information on that very same page, which described female orgasm in beautiful, in-depth detail. Well, since sexual health experts are clearly all delusional and horntooth is right, go ahead and enlighten us. What is the word / definition you would use for (female orgasm) what we are talking about here?

It would make it a whole lot easier for you if we did claim something as foolish as that, wouldn't it? :( ...I mean, finally then you would at least be able to correct someone, and be right in telling us we don't have penises. It takes dreaming of a female calling her clitoris a penis, for horntooth to rest easy. :facepalm:

8. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

women don't have orgasms, they experience pleasure. that pleasure can be of different intensity, can involve different kind of muscle contractions, but it's not an orgasm, since orgasm 1) is not defined by pleasure, and 2) there's no ejaculation there (by which an orgasm is defined).

biologically, it would not be totally foolish, 'couese clitorises and penises are formed from the same embryonic structure. but yes, it is foolish to call them that.

same with orgasm, just 'couse male orgasm and "female orgasm" seem similar according to some, doesn't mean you should call them by the same name. even if that's practiced by most people.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. Rakhel

Rakhel Honey badger.

And your degree is in what, exactly?

10. Skwim

Skwim Well-Known Member

Religion:
    Agnostic
    I didn't ask for a definition for "nocturnal emission" but for "orgasm." You do recognize the difference between one aspect of something and the something itself, don't you? Like light is one aspect of the Sun but is not the Sun itself.

You did read that this is just one person's opinion within an ongoing debate on the subject, didn't you?
    In any case, ejaculation is not a necessary aspect of orgasm. It may occur and it may not, just like sneezing may or may not occur.

11. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

theology. which is absolutely of no importance, unless you thing that the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority" (political/ educational authority in this case) is a valid for anything.

12. MysticSang'ha

MysticSang'ha Big Squishy Hugger Staff Member Premium Member

You're embarrassing yourself, horntooth.

From wikipedia, your own search on the word "orgasm" that you cherry picked actually offered a wealth of information on female orgasm.

I see wiki described orgasms as being experienced by both males AND females, and ejaculate has nothing to do with it (BTW, men can orgasm without ejaculating).

From the same source:

Oh, did you happen to see how wiki mentions how to bring a woman to orgasm? And how wiki acknowledges that orgasm in men "is usually accompanied by ejaculation"? Which means that male orgasm does not always result in ejaculation?

More in the next post....

13. Rakhel

Rakhel Honey badger.

14. MysticSang'ha

And here we find another quote from your same source:

Oh dearie dear. Wiki doesn't contextually make female orgasm rather ambiguous, does it? But hang on, I found your tiny nit-picky quote you used earlier in a vain attempt to support your terrible argument against the existence of female orgasms....

But please, read on to find out more....

The research here shows how the clinical definition of orgasm can slightly vary due to the addition of psychological and emotional factors, but physiologically, they remain the same......which both genders feel extremely pleasurable sensations.

Did you catch the caveat about differentiations in your example that men can experience variances in their own orgasms and ejaculations?

I can point out further discrepancies between your sources and your argument, but you're already doing a great job of that already. :clap

15. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

** Edit by the moderation - Rule 1 violation **
    if nocturnal emission is defines as an orgasm (which it is), then- because NEs happen without pleasure- pleasure does NOT define orgasm.
    if pleasure does not define orgasm, the only thing left is the ejaculation.
    so- ejaculation defines an orgasm.
    have you ever heard of deduction? cheeez..

you seem not to grasp that it's the pleasure that's not the necessary aspect of orgasm (by the simple fact that NEs are orgasms).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  16. horntooth

horntooth Sextian

which is wrong.

17. Mestemia

Mestemia Advocatus Diaboli Premium Member

Ignoring facts he dislikes.

18. Rakhel

Rakhel Honey badger.

See the problem I am finding in your thinking is that it looks like you are accusing women of urinating during intercourse,

19. MysticSang'ha

Which was stated from your own source. :slap:

Oh, and the Mayo Clinic disagrees with you -

20. I Keep Unicorns

Why do you proclaim yourself to be correct, and the sexual health professionals who dedicate their lives to exploring female orgasm incorrect? Orgasm is neither defined by ejaculation alone, or by pleasure alone; the two co-exist with male orgasm, with female orgasm they just get the pleasure of sexual arousal which has met it's climax (that is why it's called a climax: when sexual arousal in either sex has reached it's natural peak).

Perhaps you would deem 'climax' a more suitable term?

We already have the word 'ejaculation' to seperate the basic difference between male and female orgasm.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted