• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary mother of God

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually, the bible doesnt say, "all generations shall call me BLESSED". Elisabeth was talking to Mary and stated that she is blessed among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. Even Gabriel tells her that too.

Can you show us the verse that says she is %100 full of Grace?
Aren't all Christians full of the grace of your Father? Rather, all those who believe in the Father not specifically Christians.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm confusing myself. How does your post relate to the my quote?

RO 1:1 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,

RO 1:2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,

RO 1:3 concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh,

RO 1:4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

According to the flesh, the Lord Jesus Christ is the son of David/Mary. According to the Spirit, the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

chlotilde

Madame Curie
Mt 6:7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling [meaningless repetition like praying the rosary] like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Mt 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Mt 6:9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

The Lord Jesus Christ said, “This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
Is this meaningless repetition?
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name...
C'mon...don't be a Pharisee here...why would God find this offensive? Don't be so caught up in some words in the Bible that you miss seeing the bigger picture. Were Jesus' prayers (same words at least thrice times) in the Garden of Gethsemane vain repetition? Are the angels in heaven singing Holy Holy Holy day and night, wrong?
What are the specifics here that God does find offensive?

When Matt. wrote, "don't be like them", what were "they" actually doing?
Hint, the answer is right there...something they didn't need to do because god "knows what you need before you ask him". So what were they praying? Petitions maybe..and re-petitions? Asking for stuff they don't need to because God already knows what they need...and then he shows us what we really need to pray, which quite frankly has nothing to do with petitions but rather is a prayer that praises his name...and yet you say...

True Christians will be able to present their own petitions directly to God

so I ask again...what are the specifics here that God finds offensive?

The Gods (Elohim) plural created men in their image and "their" likeness, and put their divine spirit into men, and men became a livein soul, so man and
God are one now.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Is this meaningless repetition?

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name...
Because you added this to your 50 hail Mary and 50 holy Mary your prayer becomes meaningful to God? Think about it.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
C'mon...don't be a Pharisee here...why would God find this offensive? Don't be so caught up in some words in the Bible that you miss seeing the bigger picture. Were Jesus' prayers (same words at least thrice times) in the Garden of Gethsemane vain repetition?
The Lord Jesus Christ was praying to God, His Father.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Are the angels in heaven singing Holy Holy Holy day and night, wrong?
The “TRIHAGION” a threefold repetition of the word HOLY in Isaiah 6:3 and Rev 4:8 ascribed to God/ELOHIM, as ONE/ECAHD JEHOVAH, the Almighty, the Trinity. Is Mary or any saints that you pray to, are they part of the Trinity? NO! Therefore, you do not pray to them, only to God.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
What are the specifics here that God does find offensive?
Holy Mary mother of god pray for us.

JN 16:26 “ In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;

True Christians will be able to present their own petitions DIRECTLY, and NOT INDIRECTLY, to God in Jesus name. Why ask Mary and the saints if you can directly ask God? Does this make any sense to you?

You revered Mary and the saints more than you revered the Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross.

Phil 2:9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

What is the Name which is above every name? Jesus.

NO OTHER NAME WAS GIVEN BY GOD, BUT ONLY THE NAME OF JESUS. You know why? “Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross –Phil 2:8”

He was the only one who died on the cross, and not Mary and the saints.

IOW, God will listen only if you mention the name of Jesus. What if I mention other/heteros/different names like, Mary and the saints, do you think God will listen to me? No, God will not listen to me because He said explicitly that ONLY IN THE NAME OF HIS SON, i.e., the Lord Jesus Christ.

You cannot be more specific than this.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
When Matt. wrote, "don't be like them", what were "they" actually doing?

Hint, the answer is right there...something they didn't need to do because god "knows what you need before you ask him". So what were they praying? Petitions maybe..and re-petitions? Asking for stuff they don't need to because God already knows what they need...and then he shows us what we really need to pray, which quite frankly has nothing to do with petitions but rather is a prayer that praises his name...and yet you say...

so I ask again...what are the specifics here that God finds offensive?
Just try to understand the meaning of this verse, “ You shall have no other/heteros/different gods before Me. –Exodus 20:3” then go back to your question, “what are the specifics here that God finds offensive?”

Now, do you think that this, “Holy Mary mother of god pray for us”, is not that offensive to God at all?

Last edited:

chlotilde

Madame Curie
Just try to understand the meaning of this verse, “ You shall have no other/heteros/different gods before Me. –Exodus 20:3” then go back to your question, “what are the specifics here that God finds offensive?”
okay, You get it! God isn't worried if it is petitions or re-petitions. Quite honestly, I don't think he cares what you pray as long as you are always focused on the glory due to him alone. Those others were praying in vain because they were praying to nothing at all...they were praying to something that doesn't exist...there is no tree god or rock god. There exists no other gods (period!), false or not.

Now, do you think that this, “Holy Mary mother of god pray for us”, is not that offensive to God at all?
Mary is not a God...so I don't understand your question? If I was treating her like a God, why would I ask her to "pray for me"? When you are having a tough time and ask a friend to "pray for you", are you treating them like a God? Of course not, we all know God likes it when he sees us helping eachother out and adding our friend's prayers to our own...in fact scripture tells us to do so in several places (1 Tim 2 for example).
so when you wrote above..."True Christians will be able to present their own petitions DIRECTLY, and NOT INDIRECTLY, to God in Jesus name." It is clearly contrary to what I see in scripture.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Mary is not a God...so I don't understand your question? If I was treating her like a God, why would I ask her to "pray for me"? When you are having a tough time and ask a friend to "pray for you", are you treating them like a God?

Of course not, we all know God likes it when he sees us helping eachother out and adding our friend's prayers to our own...in fact scripture tells us to do so in several places (1 Tim 2 for example).
so when you wrote above..."True Christians will be able to present their own petitions DIRECTLY, and NOT INDIRECTLY, to God in Jesus name." It is clearly contrary to what I see in scripture.
There is a big difference between dead people and people that are still alive.

Mary and the saints are all dead people. You don’t ask dead people to pray for you. On the other hand, your friends, I suppose they are still alive, can pray for you.

I believe with all my heart that Mary is in heaven with God right now. Do you think Mary and the saints, if they are in heaven [the saints], all have authority to do God’s will here on earth? NO!

The communication between God and his people are from earth to heaven. “May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. –Matthew 6:10”

When you pray to Mary, who is in heaven with God, what makes you think that she will ask God on your behalf to do His will here on earth when it was said by the Lord Jesus in JN 16:26 “ In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf;

The language in this verse is very clear. The Lord Jesus Christ was saying that He will NOT request anymore petitions on their behalf to the Father.

IOW, Christ’s followers can go directly to God, or don’t even ask or pray to the Lord Jesus Christ for requests or petitions anymore, because they can go directly to God in Jesus name. It did not say in Mary’s name or any saints’ names.

The Lord Jesus Christ’s presence in heaven at the right hand of God is itself an intercession because "The Lord knows those who are his, =2Ti 2:19" and those are the true followers of Christ. In Jesus name only.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'll be confused too if my religion is like yours, Catholic by vows; Buddhist by faith; and a Pagan by practice
Im confused with how your post related. I took Catholic vows..was, now, always will be catholic by those vows or sacraments. Never said I believe in Christianity. Buddhist believe in the laws of cause and effect. Ancestral veneration is prayer and revereing ones ancestors.

Its not confusion. I have a thread on this..
Sharing the Beauty of my Faiths (former and present) | ReligiousForums.com

can you explain the connection?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Have questions to clear up what youre saying.

Do you believe Catholics are bypassing God to pray to Mary?

Do you believe Mother of God is the same as Mother of the Father?

Do you feel Catholics are replacing God with Mary?

If yes to all these questions, please show me in the Catholic Bible and Catechism that Catholics rather pray to God than Christ, that Mary is God, and that its alright to replace God with Mary.

Also, where does it say in the Bible both Catholic and protestant (since the veres you use arw in the Catholic bible) that we are dead after we physical pass on? Also, the Bibke constantly says dead in reference to ones sins. Where doesn it define dead as both spirit and body somehow disapeared?

If all no, then I dont understand how you disagree because if you say no to the above amd disagree thats a contradiction to your posts.

Last edited: