• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary mother of God

The false doctrine of Mary the mother of God a trinity.

I know this is not going to go over well with the rc's but these are sincere thoughts on my part and should not be considered hatred for any rc person.

The false doctrine of Mary the mother of God a trinity contradicts the word of God.

The words "Mary mother of God" are not in any verse of scripture; therefore they cannot be every word of God that is purified seven times ( Psa 12:6-7) .

YHWH-YaH Elohim is a Spirit. YHWH-YaH has no beginning or end. He always was and always will be; therefore YHWH-YaH has no mother Mary.

No scripture verse shows any apostles praying a rosary to Mary nor do any believers in scripture pray a rosary to Mary.
No scriptures declare YHWH-YaH God in heaven or on earth declaring to Mary "you are my beloved mother."

No scriptures declare the Holy Spirit saying "this is my beloved wife".

ACCORDING TO THE FALSE DOCTRINE OF TRINITY
If Mary was the mother of God the Father, and the mother of God the Son Jesus, and the mother of God the holy spirit that impregnated Mary making her the wife-mother of God.

If Mary and God the Holy Spirit were not married then it would be considered by God as adultery.

For Mary to be the mother of God means Mary had to exist before God existed and it means Mary formed- created God so that God could create Adam and Eve.

Do you think Mary mothered the Father God and the Son God and the Holy Ghost God? If not, which God do you think Mary mothered as the mother of God Or do you think Mary mothered all three?

What would you think of a mother who tells her son that he is her husband, her son and his own father.

If God the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary that makes Mary the wife of God the holy spirit, but not the wife of the Father God nor the wife of God her Son.

Also if Mary birthed God ( the Father ) by God ( the Holy Spirit who impregnated Mary ) that would make Mary the mother of God the Father and the wife of God the Holy Spirit and then again when Christ is born Mary becomes the mother of God the Son: thereby making Mary twice a mother of God and once the wife of God the Holy Spirit.

The last mention of Mary in scripture is (Acts 1:14 KJV) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Mary is called mother of Jesus by Luke. Luke would have gotten the term " mother of Jesus" from Paul or from the churches of Judaea. (Gal 1:22 KJV) And ( I Saul/Paul) was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

The apostle Paul wrote 13 epistles and never calls Mary the mother of God neither do any of the other apostles.

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

I know this is not going to go over well with the rc's but these are sincere thoughts on my part and should not be considered hatred for any of a rc person.

The false doctrine of Mary the mother of God a trinity contradicts the word of God.

The words "Mary mother of God" are not in any verse of scripture; therefore they cannot be every word of God that is purified seven times ( Psa 12:6-7) .

YHWH-YaH Elohim is a Spirit. YHWH-YaH has no beginning or end. He always was and always will be; therefore YHWH-YaH has no mother Mary.

No scripture verse shows any apostles praying a rosary to Mary nor do any believers in scripture pray a rosary to Mary.
No scriptures declare YHWH-YaH God in heaven nor on earth declaring to Mary "you are my beloved mother."

If Mary was the mother of God the Father, and the mother of God the Son Jesus, and the mother of God the holy spirit who impregnated Mary making her the wife-mother of God.

If Mary and God the Holy Spirit were not married then it would be considered by God as adultery.

For Mary to be the mother of God means Mary had to exist before God existed and it means Mary created God so that God could create Adam and Eve.

Do you think Mary mothered the Father God and the Son God and the Holy Ghost God? If not, which God do you think Mary mothered as the mother of God?

What would you think of a mother who tells her son that he is her husband, her son and his own father.

If God the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary that makes Mary the wife of God the holy spirit, but not the wife of the Father God nor the wife of God her Son.

Also if Mary birthed God ( the Father ) by God ( the Holy Spirit who impregnated Mary ) that would make Mary the mother of God the Father and the wife of the Holy Spirit and then again when Christ is born Mary becomes the mother of God the Son. Mary would be twice a mother of God and once the wife of the Holy Spirit.

The last mention of Mary in scripture is (Acts 1:14 KJV) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, Father and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Mary is called mother of Jesus by Luke. Luke would have gotten the term " mother of Jesus" from Paul or from the churches of Judaea. (Gal 1:22 KJV) And ( I Saul/Paul) was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Judaea.

The apostle Paul wrote 13 epistles and never calls Mary the mother of God neither do any of the other apostles.
You're right, the Bible doesn't call Mary the "mother of God" in the Scriptures.

However, when we get down to what Catholics/Orthodox actually believe about the term I don't think it's that controversial. Jesus is fully God. Mary gave birth to Jesus. Therefore, in a sense, Mary is the mother of God.

This doesn't make her the mother of God the Father, or the Holy Spirit. All it means is that Jesus, who is fully God, came through Mary and thus, once again in a sense, Mary can be called the "mother of God".

I don't use the term myself, I see it as unnecessary and as your own post demonstrates it causes unneeded division. Not to mention the Bible never calls Mary that, so I don't see why anyone really should.

EDIT: The Orthodox use the term theotokos, which literally means "God-bearer", which is far less divisive and perhaps you'd agree with that?

Last edited:

lovemuffin

τὸν ἄρτον τοῦ ἔρωτος
It's interesting to understand the reasons that the Church leaders considered compelling in adopting the title Theotokos, which are similar in a lot of regards to the earlier arguments about Christ's divinity, the relationship between his divine and human natures, and etc. Essentially, the concern is about emphasizing that God has been incarnated. They believed that the fullness of the Divine in human form, in Jesus, was essential to making sense of salvation. They understand salvation not merely as a forensic or juridical transaction, like a judge granting pardon, but as God radically transforming the nature of created being by assuming that nature and making it divine.

So the title is in direct reference to the incarnation and temporal birth of Jesus, it doesn't refer to Mary as the cause of existence of the Divine itself, which is very often referred to as uncreated or unoriginate.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
These are just my thoughts as a former practicing Catholic.

You are right, there is no scripture verse that people are praying to Christ's Mother. Sola scriptorians do not look at devotion unless it is literally a part of scripture. Unfortunately, for the Catholic, their devotion is belittled unless it is put word for word in scripture--which is not fair to the Catholic with whom is devoted to God not Mary.

Haily Mary, full of grace-->She is full of grace, is she not? All Christian's have God's grace, right?

The Lord is with thee-->She is a follower of her Son, right? So the Lord must be with her?

Blessed our thou among women-->Of course, she has to have some sort of importance since she is the mother of the Christian's Savior. She isn't just any mother, right?

Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus-->Catholics are saying to Mary, blessed to your Son (for your Son not Mary saved our lives)

Above is in scripture. The Roman Catholic Church added the below:

Holy Mary Mother of God-->Mother of Christ (who is God, is He not?)

Pray for us sinners--> (Yes, this is the only conflict I see.) My grandma is praying for me in heaven, but the Mother of Christ, naw...she can care less about any Christian? Basically, a Sola Scriptorian is saying that once someone is in heaven, they can careless about the people here on earth.

Now, and to the our of our death-->Catholics are asking Mary to pray for them (as explained above) not just for an hour but for every minute...hoping, like people who pray for each other on earth, she will "give the good word" until they meet Jesus.

No scriptures declare YHWH-YaH God in heaven or on earth declaring to Mary "you are my beloved mother."
Wait. So, Mary is not a beloved Mother? Is she just a woman thrown to the side somewhere? (The first part the rosary in scriptures is another way of saying Mary is beloved). That's like a Christian saying, "Oh, it doesn't say 'God saved me from committing suicide; He is my life." That is not in the Bible--but you get the point. The Christian is glad that God saved him.

For Mary to be the mother of God means Mary had to exist before God existed and it means Mary created God so that God could create Adam and Eve
Mary is the Mother of the human Jesus not of His Divine nature, God Himself. In Christianity, God (the Father) has no Mother. God the Son, does. She is also human, too.. and created a human child who is the Son of God (in spirit) and son of Mary, as a human. Mary and God are not married. So, the word son is different one for God the other for human.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Who is this mystery Mary ? I wonder :)

nobody knows .... But all think they do.

long live mother earth ;)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

ING - People like you don't seem to recognize that a lot of the Catholic traditions can be traced back to things the Hebrew did.

As others have already pointed out, - if you believe Jesus if God, - then Mary - IS - the mother of God. However, the Hebrew originally had a Goddess with their God.

I know this is not going to go over well with the rc's but these are sincere thoughts on my part and should not be considered hatred for any of a rc person.

ING - LOL! I don't believe he was God, However, we are talking what most Christians believe. He came out of her body at birth with her DNA flesh = she is his mother.

ING - Jesus isn't God. There is no trinity taught in the Bible. Jesus does not teach that he is a trinity.

ING - The Hebrew originally communed with dead relatives, and dead famous/special people, to intercede on their behalf with God. Bible Review has a very good article on this. (The sister publication of Biblical Archaeology Review.)

Also - Prayer beads, or knots, are found in many religious traditions. The Catholic probably has some connection to the Tzitzit knots on Hebrew prayer shawls.

ING - Again, first Jesus is not God. 2. Why would Jesus not love the mother whom gave him birth, wiped his poopy butt, and nursed him at her breast?

If Mary was the mother of God the Father, and the mother of God the Son Jesus, and the mother of God the holy spirit who impregnated Mary making her the wife-mother of God.

For Mary to be the mother of God means Mary had to exist before God existed and it means Mary formed- created God so that God could create Adam and Eve.

Do you think Mary mothered the Father God and the Son God and the Holy Ghost God? If not, which God do you think Mary mothered as the mother of God Or do you think Mary mothered all three?

Also if Mary birthed God ( the Father ) by God ( the Holy Spirit who impregnated Mary ) that would make Mary the mother of God the Father and the wife of the Holy Spirit and then again when Christ is born Mary becomes the mother of God the Son. Mary would be twice a mother of God and once the wife of the Holy Spirit.

ING - This section above is just made up crap. There is no trinity taught in the Bible, making the above ridiculous.

The last mention of Mary in scripture is (Acts 1:14 KJV) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Click his to expand -

Because Jesus IS NOT GOD. Such is NOT taught in the Bible. Jesus is claiming to be the awaited Jewish Messiah, - who is a special HUMAN - through the Line of David.

You're right, the Bible doesn't call Mary the "mother of God" in the Scriptures.

However, when we get down to what Catholics/Orthodox actually believe about the term I don't think it's that controversial. Jesus is fully God. Mary gave birth to Jesus. Therefore, in a sense, Mary is the mother of God.

This doesn't make her the mother of God the Father, or the Holy Spirit. All it means is that Jesus, who is fully God, came through Mary and thus, once again in a sense, Mary can be called the "mother of God".

I don't use the term myself, I see it as unnecessary and as your own post demonstrates it causes unneeded division. Not to mention the Bible never calls Mary that, so I don't see why anyone really should.

EDIT: The Orthodox use the term theotokos, which literally means "God-bearer", which is far less divisive and perhaps you'd agree with that?

Am I to understand that the rcc does not care if " Mary mother of God" is not used in the word of God. Every word of God is purified seven times as silver tried in a furnace of earth.

No words or oral traditions of rcc councils are the words ofYHWH that have been purified seven times in a furnace of earth.

(Psa 12:6 KJV) The words of YHWH-YaH are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

(Psa 12:7 KJV) Thou shalt keep them, O YHWH-YaH, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Would you object to my saying I am the Son of God in a sense?

willyah

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As long as Christianity says Jesus is God, Mother, by technicality, is the Mother of God. She is the Mother of Jesus as a human. She is not the Mother of God the Father.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Am I to understand that the rcc does not care if " Mary mother of God" is not used in every word of God. Every word of God are pure words as silver tried in a furnace of earth. Evey word of God has been tried in a furnace of earth purified seven times.

No words or oral traditions of rcc councils have been purified seven times in a furnace of earth.

(Psa 12:6 KJV) The words of YHWH-YaH are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

(Psa 12:7 KJV) Thou shalt keep them, O YHWH-YaH, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Would you object to my saying I am the Son of God in a sense?

willyah

Psalm 12:6 The words of YHVH are pure words, silver refined in a strong/firm furnace: refined/clarified/extracted to purity, seven times.

This is an actual ancient process to reach purest Silver.

It just means what it says, - YHVH's words are PURE.

It has nothing to do with testing human words seven times.

CMike

He was claiming to be the (special human) Messiah, - spoken of by Abraham, and through the Line of David.

The one whom was to bring about the end and Final Judgment.

There is no such thing as a "special human" in Judaism.

Humans have no divine power. All miracles come from G-D.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
He was claiming to be the (special human) Messiah, - spoken of by Abraham, and through the Line of David.

The one whom was to bring about the end and Final Judgment.

There is no such thing as a "special human" in Judaism.

Humans have no divine power. All miracles come from G-D.

Ingledsva said:
Since when does - special human- mean Divine in any way?

I'm talking in the awaited Messiah, anointed, sense.

Human, but with a job to do, from God.

And of course Christians believes this is Jesus, and Jews are still waiting for this Messiah through the Line of David.

Unification

I know this is not going to go over well with the rc's but these are sincere thoughts on my part and should not be considered hatred for any rc person.

If Mary was the mother of God the Father, and the mother of God the Son Jesus, and the mother of God the holy spirit that impregnated Mary making her the wife-mother of God.

Also if Mary birthed God ( the Father ) by God ( the Holy Spirit who impregnated Mary ) that would make Mary the mother of God the Father and the wife of God the Holy Spirit and then again when Christ is born Mary becomes the mother of God the Son: thereby making Mary twice a mother of God and once the wife of God the Holy Spirit.

Writers of scripture use different allegory and metaphorical names for their testimony concerning their transformation from natural man to spiritual man. It's not a historical timeline. The Virgin Mary conceiving Jesus is no different than the human body conceiving the Messianic seed internally. No different than Sarah bearing Isaaic. No different than Zipporah conceiving Elizier. No different than Isaig

Unification

Writers of scripture use different allegory and metaphorical names for their testimony concerning their transformation from natural man to spiritual man. It's not a historical timeline. The Virgin Mary conceiving Jesus is no different than the human body conceiving the Messianic seed internally. No different than Sarah bearing Isaaic. No different than Zipporah conceiving Elizier. No different than Isaig
Isaiah's human body conceiving Immanuel. No difference.

Isaiah's human body conceiving Immanuel. No difference.

Are you saying " who's on first, what's on second, I don't know is on third".

willyah

kepha31

Arguing that a specific term is not in scripture is self defeating, because nowhere in scripture does it say that all doctrines must be explicitly found in scripture to be valid. "Trinity" is not found in scripture either.

Theotokos is the original Greek for God-bearer. The term was a development from the Council of Ephesus in the 4rth century in response to the Nestorian heresy. A more precise definition of the INCARNATION was needed. That was the purpose of "Theotokos", (Mother of God) to defend the Incarnation, not to deify a lowly handmaid.

This heresy about the person of Christ was initiated by Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, who denied Mary the title of Theotokos (Greek: "God-bearer" or, less literally, "Mother of God"). Nestorius claimed that she only bore Christ’s human nature in her womb, and proposed the alternative title Christotokos ("Christ-bearer" or "Mother of Christ").​

Orthodox Catholic theologians recognized that Nestorius’s theory would fracture Christ into two separate persons (one human and one divine, joined in a sort of loose unity), only one of whom was in her womb. The Church reacted in 431 with the Council of Ephesus, defining that Mary can be properly referred to as the Mother of God, not in the sense that she is older than God or the source of God, but in the sense that the person she carried in her womb was, in fact, God incarnate ("in the flesh").

There is some doubt whether Nestorius himself held the heresy his statements imply, and in this century, the Assyrian Church of the East, historically regarded as a Nestorian church, has signed a fully orthodox joint declaration on Christology with the Catholic Church and rejects Nestorianism. It is now in the process of coming into full ecclesial communion with the Catholic Church.
The Great Heresies | Catholic Answers

It seems to me many evangelicals fall into the Nestorian trap of dividing Jesus into 2 separate natures. Mothers give birth to persons, not natures. Mary gave birth to a Person: Jesus, who is God. The logic is inescapable.
Mary is the Mother of God.

kjw47

Jesus and all his real teachers, teach--Jesus has a God-his Father.
Catholicism councils created a trinity because the greeks refused to go to a religion with a single being mono God, they added other pagan things as well--this was the foretold great apostasy-2Thess 2:3