• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary mother of God

Brave words from a person in a non-denomination that was founded less than 20 years ago.

Adding a verse to your anti-church mantra will not give it credibility. For the fifth time, show me a doctrine that is not found or inferred in scripture instead of ranting about them and we can discuss one at a time sensibly.

Then you are blind to the first 3/4 of the "Hail Mary" that comes directly from scripture, where the center of the prayer is on Jesus.

We pray TO Jesus, what makes you think anyone should pray FOR Jesus? You are getting more creative in your Catholic bashing.

Yea, but would she be welcome in your home?

Since none of the reformers taught this doctrine of demons, it's safe to say it was invented long after the reformation, probably the 18th century, and made popular by evangelicals/non-denoms in the last fifty years. You are in no position to accuse anyone of following "traditions of men". It's a doctrine of demons because it diminishes the uniqueness of Christ and the Ark of the New Covenant.

Don't you find it odd that Mary is the only woman mentioned by name? If there were about 120 "brethren", Mary would have to be sequentially pregnant for over 90 years. Your eisegesis of "His brethren" is absurd.
Then you are blind to the first 3/4 of the "Hail Mary" that comes directly from scripture, where the center of the prayer is on Jesus.
Calling someone blind who once was blind but now I see did bring a smile to my face.
(John 9:25 KJV) He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see

You overlook your own blindness by adding 1/4 of the words of the hail Mary. Do you know satan uses the word of YHWH-YaH but he ALWAYS adds his own words or takes away from the word of YHWH-YaH that he uses.

But what about your own blindness to the adding of the other 1/4 of words in your "hail Mary", were they not added by the rcc to the word of YHWH-YaH???

I do not like hailing anyone it sounds to much like heil hitler

(Luke 1:38 KJV) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of YHWH-YaH; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Mary did not add 1/4 of her own words to Luke 1:38 perhaps the rcc should do what Mary did " be it done unto men according to they WORD."

Mary was a handmaid-woman servant of YHWH-YaH just as the angel was a fellowservant of YHWH-YaH.

(Rev 22:9 KJV) Then saith he ( the angel ) unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

The angel of Rev 22:29 tells John the apostle, I am thy fellow servant and of thy brethren the prophets; which is what Mary and all believers are to YHWH-YaH.

Brave words from a person in a non-denomination that was founded less than 20 years ago.
I belong to YHWH-YaH not a Non-denomination or denominations of men.

(1 Chr 16:22 KJV) Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Israel that was not Israel touched Yehoshua and did him that prophet of YHWH-YaH as that prophet of ( Deut 18:18)

(Deu 18:18 KJV) I ( YHWH-YaH) will raise them ( Israel) up a Prophet from among their brethren ( Judah) , like unto thee-Moses, and will put my ( YaH's) words in his( Yehoshua's ) mouth; and he ( Yehoshua )shall speak unto them all that I ( YHWH-YaH) shall command him ( Yehoshua ).

The apostle Peter testifies that Duet 18:18 is speaking of Yehoshua-Jesus.

Peter in (Acts 3:22 KJV) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall YHWH-YaH your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me ( Moses) ; him ( Yehoshua )shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you ( Israel) .

willyah

Last edited:

kepha31

willyah
Oh, I see. You are on your own.

Adding a verse to your anti-church mantra will not give it credibility. For the fifth time, show me a doctrine that is not found or inferred in scripture instead of ranting about them and we can discuss one at a time sensibly.

We pray TO Jesus, what makes you think anyone should pray FOR Jesus? You are getting more creative in your Catholic bashing.

Since none of the reformers taught this doctrine of demons, it's safe to say it was invented long after the reformation, probably the 18th century, and made popular by evangelicals/non-denoms in the last fifty years. You are in no position to accuse anyone of following "traditions of men". It's a doctrine of demons because it diminishes the uniqueness of Christ and the Ark of the New Covenant.

Don't you find it odd that Mary is the only woman mentioned by name? If there were about 120 "brethren", Mary would have to be sequentially pregnant for over 90 years. Your eisegesis of "His brethren" is absurd.

Oh, I see. You are on your own.

NOT ALONE.

(Heb 13:5 KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

NOT ALONE
(Mat 18:20 KJV) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

NOT ALONE
(Rev 1:9 KJV) I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John the apostles was NOT ALONE when he was in exile on the Isle of Patmos.

NOT ALONE
(Mark 15:34 KJV) And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God did not forsake His Son.

NOT ALONE
(1 Pet 2:25 KJV) For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

NOT ALONE
(Psa 23:4 KJV) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Was Joseph ALONE in Egypt when his brothers sold him into captivity? No.

willyah

Last edited:
Sheesh. No Mary, no Jesus, no salvation. Mary is a very important person; at least God thought She was important. What's the problem?

Sheesh no Eve no seed of Eve no Mary no Jesus. God thought Eve was important enough to promise a seed of Eve.
(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

willyah

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
They both were important. What's the issue with Mary?
Sheesh no Eve no seed of Eve no Mary no Jesus. God thought Eve was important enough to promise a seed of Eve.
(Gen 3:15 KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

willyah

The apostle Paul wrote 13 epistles and never calls Mary the mother of God neither do any of the other apostles.
The apostle Paul wrote seven epistles we have that the consensus is reasonably sure of, and one other that he wrote of that we do not have. The rest are forgeries. Hebrews is anonymous and certainly not written by Paul. Reading the genuine letters and the other epistles that can be said not to be forgeries, and remembering that the rest of the New Testament was non-existent, it is clear that neither Paul or the other apostles had any conception of an Incarnation. Their Christ was a cosmic deity who never came to earth. Of course they never call Mary mother of God, she hadn't been invented yet; neither had an earthly Jesus. It is funny how people who insist on Sola Scriptura indulge in as much if not more eisegesis than the Catholic/Orthodox.

Unification

willyah

The mind/heart is the mother of all of the living. It's where seeds are planted.

Unification

The mind/heart is the mother of all of the living. It's where seeds are planted.

Religion, imagination of the literal/natural, conditioning of mind has made the mind/heart of Joseph..... into a statue of a woman whom never even existed and that is a metaphor.

The birth of the saving light was created inside of Joseph's brain/mind/heart.

Unification

willyah

The seed planted into ones heart/mind. It grows and grows. Child in scripture is a seed of knowledge, not a literal child. Unfortunately, mankind was given free will to have knowledge of both good and evil, the ability to be alive and conscious and create.... Their own little world's and kingdoms and empires within. Creating. Both evil and good in their own lives and others lives.
Why the seed of the Christ(light/God knowledge) is born into one (resurrected in the heart/mind) to come and destroy evil seed (thoughts/emotions/knowledge/etc)

Why God is destroying children and kingdoms in the Hebrew Scriptures. They are not literal. They are evil seed within one.
Hosea 4:6King James Version (KJV)
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Mary the mother of Jesus never ate the flesh of her son Jesus and Mary never drank the blood of her son Jesus in scripture. "Do this in remembrance of me" was never done by Mary the mother of Jesus.

(1 Cor 11:17 KJV) Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
(1 Cor 11:18 KJV) For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
(1 Cor 11:19 KJV) For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you

Paul said: (1 Cor 11:20 KJV) When ye come together therefore into one place,THIS IS NOT TO EAT YHWH's SUPPER.

WHAT IS YHWH's SUPPER IN REV 19:17? IT IS THE SUPPER OF ( YHYWH-YaH ) THE GREAT GOD

(Deu 10:17 KJV) For YHWH-YaH your God is God of gods, and Adoni of adonis, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

(Rev 19:17 KJV) And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
(Rev 19:18 KJV) That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Do not confuse the feast of Passover with the supper of John 13:1 and also there is no scripture that says the words "Last Supper".

(John 13:1 KJV) Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

(John 13:2 KJV) And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
(John 13:3 KJV) Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
(John 13:4 KJV) He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.

(John 13:18 KJV) I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

They were eating bread not eating flesh of Jesus nor drinking blood. Drinking blood is never given to a believer by YHWH-YaH.

YHWH gives blood to those murderers who shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
(Rev 16:5 KJV) And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O YHWH-YaH, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
(Rev 16:6 KJV) For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

willyah
Jesus told His apostles,
"I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." Matt. 26:29

Jesus also said,

And he said to them, "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.

The Kingdom came with power on Pentecost. We know the the disciples met together for fellowship, teaching, prayer and sharing the Lord's Supper after Pentecost (Acts 2:42)

We have no idea when Mary, the Mother of Jesus, died. More than likely, she shared the Lord's Supper with the other disciples considering Pentecost occurred 50 days after Jesus' death on the cross.

There is no mention of anyone eating the actual body or drinking the blood of Jesus in the NT. Imho, the bread and wine are symbolic of Jesus' body and blood. There is no evidence of priests magically changing the bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ in the NT.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
The apostle Paul wrote seven epistles we have that the consensus is reasonably sure of, and one other that he wrote of that we do not have. The rest are forgeries. Hebrews is anonymous and certainly not written by Paul. Reading the genuine letters and the other epistles that can be said not to be forgeries, and remembering that the rest of the New Testament was non-existent, it is clear that neither Paul or the other apostles had any conception of an Incarnation. Their Christ was a cosmic deity who never came to earth. Of course they never call Mary mother of God, she hadn't been invented yet; neither had an earthly Jesus. It is funny how people who insist on Sola Scriptura indulge in as much if not more eisegesis than the Catholic/Orthodox.
Romans, 1 Cor., 2 Cor., Gal., Eph., Phil., Col., I Thess., 2 Thess., 1 Tim., 2 Tim, Titus, Philemon

All were written by Paul.

I don't know where your info is from, but it's false. The general consensus among christians is Paul wrote 13 letters.

chlotilde

Madame Curie
(

Jesus was not God but said he did come from God.....
well Carlita...there is the real crux of the matter. :)

It begs the question, If Jesus was just a Prophet, then how can we ascertain that what he taught wasn't just a (false) tradition of man? Did God come afterwords somewhere and declare that yes indeed, Jesus is my (true) Prophet, and teach Tradition? That is what the Muslims say (not in those exact words though) ... and they would add that the OT/NT followers went astray (And I am not trying to speak for the Muslim here, just my general understanding).

I will credit kjv4me2you for showing how the OT and NT align (in an attempt to show that what Jesus taught is in the OT). .

and in my mind, it begs another question, why believe the NT true when teachings, that one would call (false) "traditions of men", helped form it.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Calling someone blind who once blind but now I see did bring a smile to my face.
(John 9:25 KJV) He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see

You overlook your own blindness by adding 1/4 of the words of the hail Mary. Do you know satan uses the word of YHWH-YaH but he ALWAYS adds his own words or takes away from the word of YHWH-YaH that he uses.

But what about your blindness to the adding of the other 1/4 worth of words in your "hail Mary" are they not added by the rcc to the word of YHWH-YaH???

I do not like hailing anyone it sounds to much like heil hitler

(Luke 1:38 KJV) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of YHWH-YaH; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Mary did not add 1/4 of her own words to Luke 1:38 perhaps the rcc should do what Mary did " be it done unto men according to they WORD."

Mary was a handmaid-woman servant servant of YHWH-YaH just as the angel was a fellowservant of YHWH-YaH.

(Rev 22:9 KJV) Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

The angel of Rev 22:29 tells John the apostles, I am thy fellow servant and of they brethren the prophets which is what Mary is to YHWH-YaH.

willyah
Very good points!

So where did "Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death" come from? Men! It's not Biblical.

Yet, catholics claim they don't pray to Mary. They have been brainwashed into believing that they're not praying.

Definition of prayer:
address a solemn request or expression of thanks to a deity or other object of worship.

If one is requesting Mary to pray for them, they are praying.

The ratio of Hail Mary prayers on rosary beads to the Lord's prayer is five to one. That tells you who they are really devoted to.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
well Carlita...there is the real crux of the matter. :)

It begs the question, If Jesus was just a Prophet, then how can we ascertain that what he taught wasn't just a (false) tradition of man? Did God come afterwords somewhere and declare that yes indeed, Jesus is my (true) Prophet, and teach Tradition? That is what the Muslims say (not in those exact words though) ... and they would add that the OT/NT followers went astray (And I am not trying to speak for the Muslim here, just my general understanding).

I will credit kjv4me2you for showing how the OT and NT align (in an attempt to show that what Jesus taught is in the OT). .

and in my mind, it begs another question, why believe the NT true when teachings, that one would call (false) "traditions of men", helped form it.
You claim the New Testament was built on the traditions of men. Please cite a single tradition of man which formed the New Testament. Be sure to QUOTE the verse.

Romans, 1 Cor., 2 Cor., Gal., Eph., Phil., Col., I Thess., 2 Thess., 1 Tim., 2 Tim, Titus, Philemon

All were written by Paul.

I don't know where your info is from, but it's false. The general consensus among christians is Paul wrote 13 letters.

And the consensus of those who study such things for a living, with about 9 years of Higher Education before they are let loose to do such is seven. Sorry to burst your bubble but the contents, structure and language of Ephesians, Colossians, 2 Thessalonians,1-2 Timothy and Titus, betray them as not being by the hand of Paul but later works. Pious forgeries containing church structures, for instance, that were not about in Paul's day and teachings that go against his genuine writings. That consensus includes mainstream Christian scholars. The view that Paul wrote all thirteen attributed to him is pretty much confined to Fundamentalist Evangelicals. Of course such often swear blind they are the only Christians and everyone else is a heretic or worse.

Some people think she was a terrible sinner. Perhaps God did not choose wisely?

You're conflating the unamed woman supposedly caught in adultery, Mary Magdalene and Mary, wife of Joseph and mother of Jesus. Muslims go one further and add Miriam, sister of Aaron and Moses. Unsurprisingly, as Mother Mary and the Magnificat are clearly modelled on Miriam and her Song.