• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage sucks!

Marriage sucks?

• In my experience or opinion, I lean towards "yes"

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • In my experience or opinion, I lean towards "no"

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Tomorrow, my wife and I will have been married for 55 years, so I voted "no".

BTW, "marriage sucks" can be interpreted in different ways. :)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Even marriages that don't suck, still strike me as being extremely challenging, hard work, and something that requires two very mature people who are willing to put up with the disgusting condition of being a human being , and all the flaws that come with that condition.

The reason the title of the OP is "marriage sucks" , is because it's based off of the marriages I have seen a lot of first-hand! My mother was married 4 times and cheating on my Dad, is currently divorced, and she and my Dad still hate each other, and they split up about 30 years ago.

After the split up, a vicious custody battle followed, my Dad lost, and he kidnapped us and took us to Fatima Portugal to try and raise us there illegally. The plan was foiled. I thought it was a summer field trip across the ocean! I didn't know we were kidnapped, until the hotel we were staying in the basement of, the owners informed us the police were looking for us!

My older brother's marriage and divorce was just ugly. My sister's marriage gave her permanent PTSD, and her husband was extremely abusive even to the point of violently ravaging her. Her husband died in a drunken car wreck!

My younger brother's marriage sounds like it sucks! I certainly wouldn't want such a marriage!

My younger sister's , I simply don't know anything about.

I am the only of my siblings that hasn't been married. I found the woman I was certain I was called to marry, who I still love more than all creatures on earth combined, and I jumped off a three story building onto concrete over her, literally fell for her (breaking many bones) spent ten weeks in a wheelchair over her, and tried to get with her again, and it turned into a nightmare!

Marriage just strikes me as something you really need to be mature and ready to put your hand to the plow to succeed at!

But if you are @SalixIncendium , you successfully complete all of them, and I guess my hats off to you for that. That counts to bring them to completion and call it a success! :D

Does anyone here plan on staying unmarried for the rest of their lives? I would say without Divine intervention, yes. In fact, Paul in Scripture declares the single life is a higher vocation potentially than the married one! ;)

Choose the best answer in the poll

Marriage is hard work. Taking two different people and putting them together to run a household and live life together takes patience, understanding, compassion and communication. But, IMO, it's worth it.