• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage Doesn't Really Begin Until You Have Children

Amill

Apikoros
I'm sure it has something to do with the notion that marriage becomes a hell of a lot tougher when children enter the picture, and that's when the couple becomes tested. That's when the marriage begins and the "honeymoon" is over. I'm sure that's what she was alluding to. What else would she be trying to say? Not saying that I agree necessarily, but that would be my guess for what they meant by marriage really starting when you have kids.

Last edited:

Dena

I'm sure it has something to do with the notion that marriage becomes a hell of a lot tougher when children enter the picture, and that's when the couple becomes tested. That's when the marriage begins and the "honeymoon" is over. I'm sure that's what she was alluding to. What else would she be trying to say? Not saying that I agree necessarily, but that would be my guess for what they meant by marriage really starting when you have kids.

Yes, perhaps. But that is assuming that marriages haven't been "tough" already. The honeymoon ends for many couple pretty quickly. She was speaking to a woman who is pregnant with her first child. Her husband is having issues stemming from his time in Iraq. They have been married five years and the upcoming birth is stressing him out even more. She was telling her that now her marriage really begins as they come together to start a family. So..yeah, that is what she meant.