• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marmite banned?

kai

ragamuffin
well do you love it or hate it? and the Danes may even ban it. Personally i love it.

_52950651_52950648.jpg

A shop in Copenhagen was recently asked to remove its supplies of Marmite following a phone call from Danish authorities,

BBC News - Marmite: Denmark says spread could be illegal

The Neo Nerd

There was a movement in Australia to ban vegemite because of the salt content.

Let me tell you i have had vegemite on toast every morning since i was able to eat solids. You ban vegemite i will turn to the black market to get it. I will break into houses to get it.

-Q

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
What!? Crazy! It's the best of the lot, better than vegemite and promite and mightymite!!!!!
I love marmite and I'm glad I live in a country that supports its existence. MMmmmm, yeast extract..

Looks like some of the Danish will make a fuss if it's banned but based on the article, I don't think a ban is likely. It just hasn't been approved yet.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is excellent as a scraping on peanut butter toast.
I am sure they could reduce the salt content with out spoiling it.
but you need so little, I doubt it is life threatening.

Like patum peperium (gentleman's Relish) it make excellent savoury toast.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's a control thing.
First you ban it...then you legalize it, with protocols and taxes.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I learned about it on an Indian travel forum, and the Australians and British were going on about it's relative greatness, and where to find it in India. Some guys had even gone to the point of taking it with them, because apparently they couldn't live without it.

So out of curiosity, I went and bought some here in Canada. About 5 bucks for a small jar. Twice I managed to gag down a piece of toast with the stuff on it. My wife managed even less. After about 3 weeks in the fridge, we threw it out.:)

So on the 'love it or hate it' spectrum, I'm quite far to the hate side. So ban it on the planet, not just Denmark.

The Neo Nerd

I learned about it on an Indian travel forum, and the Australians and British were going on about it's relative greatness, and where to find it in India. Some guys had even gone to the point of taking it with them, because apparently they couldn't live without it.

So out of curiosity, I went and bought some here in Canada. About 5 bucks for a small jar. Twice I managed to gag down a piece of toast with the stuff on it. My wife managed even less. After about 3 weeks in the fridge, we threw it out.:)

So on the 'love it or hate it' spectrum, I'm quite far to the hate side. So ban it on the planet, not just Denmark.

They're definitely an acquired taste.

I think the others ones are pretty feral.

AfterGlow

Invisible Puffle

I did have a witty retort written, but the troll hiding under my ethernet cable ate my post as it went by, so I'll just have to say;

"Pffft"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Looks like some of the Danish will make a fuss if it's banned but based on the article, I don't think a ban is likely. It just hasn't been approved yet.
I hope you're right, because I don't want to see the Danish fans of Marmite mad. They're both pretty scary when they're angry.