• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marketing silliness/mistakes?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Came across this recently in a letter-box advertising leaflet. Where an advertisement for a product (outdoor night-light) quoted £7.49 for one product and then gave a BOGOF offer of £14.99 for two, which for those with any basic arithmetic, would show that you would pay a penny more for this offer than just ordering two of the items. I'm sure there are so many worse though. Any examples? :eek:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Came across this recently in a letter-box advertising leaflet. Where an advertisement for a product (outdoor night-light) quoted £7.49 for one product and then gave a BOGOF offer of £14.99 for two, which for those with any basic arithmetic, would show that you would pay a penny more for this offer than just ordering two of the items. I'm sure there are so many worse though. Any examples? :eek:
Is there a savings on shipping when buying the pair?
Another explanation, other than "marketing arrogance"
is the abysmal state of math skills in the workplace.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Is there a savings on shipping when buying the pair?
Another explanation, other than "marketing arrogance"
is the abysmal state of math skills in the workplace.
It appears to be free P&P if over £30, so I don't think this applies. Probably just someone who can't count. o_O And changed title.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Too many to count or remember. Most clever were Coke who had 10 x 1.5 liter bottles or 12 x 1 liter bottles in a crate with prices varying every week. Really tests your maths skill. (Until they were forced to print prices per liter on the display.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't see it as silliness or mistakes.

Deception is intentional and meticulously planned. From the packaging to the price, it's intended to scam people and to take advantage over acquiring a person's money with little in return

Heyo

Veteran Member

Deception is intentional and meticulously planned. From the packaging to the price, it's intended to scam people and to take advantage over acquiring a person's money with little in return
The silliness is not on the side of the vendors but on the side of the consumers.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

For a penny in this case? :eek:

PureX

Veteran Member
:Educative:

Everyone needs to be scammed once to learn. And then that company needs to go bankrupt because it gets boycotted.
Or we could try an economic system that isn't a constant war of exploitation.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1679746798155.png