• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

markablue - Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managers and Admins ;) always ask the right question at the right time, and they always manage to answer any question whatever its.

If by that you're implying that I answered the way I did because it was the right thing to say, think again, please. :D

Thanks for answering my questions and i'm really glad to have you here in RF with us, and i'm getting more interested with days to know your culture which appear to me to be unique. I always tend to discover any culture based on the people i meet, but not only through what i read about them. :)

I'm glad to be here, too. It's a pleasure because it's turning out this might not be just yet another forum to administer for me. If you know what I mean. ;)

Welcome to the forum! Hope you post more of your photography. It's impressive!

Thank you. I posted a few in The Arts section but they're generally too big to be displayed on the message boards. I've since updated one of my galleries but again, you need to click everytime you want to view full size. Nevertheless, here's the link, enjoy: Marka's Photo Gallery

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If by that you're implying that I answered the way I did because it was the right thing to say, think again, please. :D

I wasn't implying anything, and it wasn't something releated to your answer. I hope you will take it in a positive way. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Marka; Welcome, again. I guess I did the same with my photo - picked one out from a couple of years ago when I was still "presentable". As far as teenagers go, I don't think there is any advice that anyone can give you. We had two childfren (being only children ourselves), and sometimes wished we had had only the one child.............

I think that one ploy (which takes teenagers totally by surprise) is to agree with them when they try to shock you - that really confuses them.:cover:

Ðanisty

There seems to be an abundance of mod's on RF. Do we really need so many moderators?

With the way moderation is being done here, I'm afraid that we do. We are discussing some changes in the procedures (not the rules or principles) but we are also hoping for the forums to grow. I think the numbers we are having are optimal for now.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The only reason I asked about the number of Mod's was, sometimes in a thread, there seems to be more moderators debating than us common folks.

If I may offer an opinion, sometimes less is more. If everyone is a Mod, then the title is not special and deserving of respect. It seemed to me that lately everyone was becoming s-mods. Too many s-mods just makes the title less super.

The more moderators you have, the more potential you have for inconsistency in the moderation staff. I respect the administrators here at RF and have always been treated fairly. It is my hope that we have a consistent structure here at RF. Change can be good, but some folks need to prepare for change ahead of time and get their feathers ruffled when they are the last to know about a change that is about to be implemented.

I for one am willing to keep an open mind about recent events. I hope all this change will be for the better. Time will tell. I wish you all the best.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I hope you don't mind me interjecting ;)

The reason for the increase of mods was because at the time we were actually very short staffed - issues were going unresolved for several days, sometimes more than a week later. In addition, since the new owners had taken the marketing of the forum into their own hands, we were pretty sure that traffic would increase, more new members would sign up, and subsequently there would be even more reports to deal with. We wanted to bring some new people onto the team so this way we could train them before the traffic really picked up, since we didn't want the staff to be flying blind.

The reason it seems like there are more mods per capita than members is because we specifically nominate and choose people that are here often. The people who only come on once a week would be little help when decisions need to be made. So, most of the people who are mods are daily posters. It's not done on purpose, it's just a side-effect of smart planning.

:D

ChrisP

Veteran Member
I hope you don't mind me interjecting ;)

The reason for the increase of mods was because at the time we were actually very short staffed - issues were going unresolved for several days, sometimes more than a week later. In addition, since the new owners had taken the marketing of the forum into their own hands, we were pretty sure that traffic would increase, more new members would sign up, and subsequently there would be even more reports to deal with. We wanted to bring some new people onto the team so this way we could train them before the traffic really picked up, since we didn't want the staff to be flying blind.

The reason it seems like there are more mods per capita than members is because we specifically nominate and choose people that are here often. The people who only come on once a week would be little help when decisions need to be made. So, most of the people who are mods are daily posters. It's not done on purpose, it's just a side-effect of smart planning.

:D

Now, generally being an outsider, I have no idea what's going on here; but with all the mods I remember disappearing barring Circle1 :)oHaro Blayzeh!) it seems like you were training your replacements :D...wth happened anyway?

Meh.

Welcome new people who keep the site running. It's work to be sure. Can I mention that there a bug in VB with Firefox where the reply to thread frame overlaps into the smiley/emoticon frame.

edit: hmmm wt... f appears to be filtered now :( how the hell am I supposed to express my inner most workings and thoughts without that beautiful part of the internet lexicon :(

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Well honey, I woulda let you know what had been going on if you hadn't gone "oh dear!" every time I tried to inform ya :p

Status
Not open for further replies.