• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark 12:28-34 & "fundamentalism"

InChrist

Free4ever
Its my conviction that christian fundamentalists have lost there way, when what they believe becomes more important than loving and accepting people who are different and have different beliefs.
I do think many Christians have lost focus of loving God and loving others, but does loving others always include accepting different beliefs if they are wrong according to God's word?

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
I do think many Christians have lost focus of loving God and loving others, but does loving others always include accepting different beliefs if they are wrong according to God's word?

I’d be careful of the word wrong if I were you, because it implies your right.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What is it that you have a hard time understanding.
I didn't say the Samaritans were a visitor at a church.
I said, a neighbour is a person who.goes to church every Sunday, they are not a member, they are the neighbour.

But once they join the church they are no longer the neighbour, but are now a brother or sister of the church.
I’m having trouble understanding why you think the Jews would have considered the Samaritans neighbors, just because of propinquity and ancestry? Ask the South Koreans how they feel about North Korea. (Hint: they’re not “neighbors” — that’s why there’s a DMZ.).

Faithofchristian

I’m having trouble understanding why you think the Jews would have considered the Samaritans neighbors, just because of propinquity and ancestry? Ask the South Koreans how they feel about North Korea. (Hint: they’re not “neighbors” — that’s why there’s a DMZ.).

Well it's obvious that you haven't a clue what relationship the Samaritans have with Israel.