• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marine Le Pen's .....(kittens) are cute.

JIMMY12345

Marine le Pen campaigns on no income tax for the young and restrictions on VAT.
How will this be paid for ?

Marine le Pen is financed by a Russian bank and is an ardent opponent of NATO and the EU while being a pro Putin cheerleader.
This brings to mind a certain ex president. He had a world wide reputation for being Putin's poodle (Putin was infinitely smarter). The EU has 7 pillars. This is devoted to maintaining a stable Europe after 2 world wars. Also free movement of capital and people to create a economic zone that will boost prosperity

Reality is probably most of the world needs to accept a fall in living standards compared to their parents generation. Politician's can't magic solutions. There should also be debates on immigration. Based on sensible democratic rational arguments not vitriol.

So who would you vote for Ms Le Pen or Mr Macron? and why ? please expand at length.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Macron is an undiplomatic fool. If Le Pen manages to gain votes from people who were previously aligned with him, it's not necessarily because they're far-right or nationalists themselves. It's quite possible that at least some of them see her as the lesser evil for other reasons.

It astonishes me that democracies like France and the U.S. so often manage to end up with some of the worst candidates as the only possible choices in elections.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Macron is an undiplomatic fool. If Le Pen manages to gain votes from people who were previously aligned with him, it's not necessarily because they're far-right or nationalists themselves. It's quite possible that at least some of them see her as the lesser evil for other reasons.

It astonishes me that democracies like France and the U.S. so often manage to end up with some of the worst candidates as the only possible choices in elections.

Absolutely this.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Marine le Pen is financed by a Russian bank and is an ardent opponent of NATO and the EU while being a pro Putin cheerleader.
This brings to mind a certain ex president. He had a world wide reputation for being Putin's poodle (Putin was infinitely smarter). The EU has 7 pillars. This is devoted to maintaining a stable Europe after 2 world wars. Also free movement of capital and people to create a economic zone that will boost prosperity

Reality is probably most of the world needs to accept a fall in living standards compared to their parents generation. Politician's can't magic solutions. There should also be debates on immigration. Based on sensible democratic rational arguments not vitriol.

So who would you vote for Ms Le Pen or Mr Macron? and why ? please expand at length.
Macron, obviously. Le Pen would be a disaster for Europe - which would in turn be a disaster for the UK where I live.

JIMMY12345

Macron, obviously. Le Pen would be a disaster for Europe - which would in turn be a disaster for the UK where I live.
Google "BBC world podcast documentaries" then select "Shadow of Algiers" it is just so so so good. It makes for a good insight into why France might court Le Pen. This one is a real eye opener just like books by Tim Marshall on Geopolitics.
I have just discovered him and bought 4 of his books today.

For any reading this listen to the podcast for a couple of minutes betcha you will be hooked.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Google "BBC world podcast documentaries" then select "Shadow of Algiers" it is just so so so good. It makes for a good insight into why France might court Le Pen. This one is a real eye opener just like books by Tim Marshall on Geopolitics.
I have just discovered him and bought 4 of his books today.

For any reading this listen to the podcast for a couple of minutes betcha you will be hooked.
Thanks, but I prefer to read - it's so much faster and more convenient.

JIMMY12345

Ms Le Pen shares the same background as Mr Macron.She went to an excellent school.She lives in a "gros maison".Certainly she is intelligent and carved a successful career as a lawyer and Politician.Pity the politics are so repulsive.Mr Macron graduated from the elite of the elite .The Ecole Nationale d 'Administration.His is the better mind especially with regards to economics.If at the next French election the economy is in a poor state.Le Pen could accelerate her gains.She says she will not stand again but do not they all?.Europe is not anti immigrant and is welcoming to all countries.However like all countries it has to be done in a sensitive way.One way is to ensure good Council housing good schools and health care for all in all regions of France.Another is for French citizens to feel Mr Macron is listening.Easy to say.Hard to do.

Ponder This

I also felt that France's election system produced inferior candidates. I think that the two round voting system in France makes it worse.