• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Many Paths To God"?

capumetu

"Everyone", including you? I'm just asking for clarification because when one uses the word "you", it then becomes more personal, and in this case judgmental. Maybe try other words, such as "one" like I used above-- just a recommendation.

Yes sir, everyone including myself. I have kinda forgotten the topic, but each and every single one of us has to answer to God by His standards.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I was probably just doing a web search. Another good website is this one: The Bible: Extracts on the Old and New Testaments
When I went to that site, I saw this:

Also available as a nicely-formatted PDF, prepared by Romane Takkenberg. Romane Takkenberg was an early host on Planet Baha'i. We were good friends, I haven't heard from him in a long time. He lives or lived in Australia. The PDF was very handy, I downloaded it. Thanks, old friend.

I'm sorry to say he isn't on Facebook. I just looked.

I also couldn't find him on Twitter.

He compiled on Baha'i Library online:

A Pocketful of Meaning:
Compilation of Terms, Phrases and Symbols as Used in the Sacred Writings of all Faiths in the World

He explains what each means. Good job, my friend.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that individual salvation was through Jesus but the salvation of the whole world will be through Baha'u'llah.

“Wert thou to consider, for but a little while, the outward works and doings of Him Who is the Eternal Truth, thou wouldst fall down upon the ground, and exclaim: O Thou Who art the Lord of Lords! I testify that Thou art the Lord of all creation, and the Educator of all beings, visible and invisible. I bear witness that Thy power hath encompassed the entire universe, and that the hosts of the earth can never dismay Thee, nor can the dominion of all peoples and nations deter Thee from executing Thy purpose. I confess that Thou hast no desire except the regeneration of the whole world, and the establishment of the unity of its peoples, and the salvation of all them that dwell therein.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 243

I believe there is no evidence for that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I do not believe that this world will end but rather that it will be rebuilt, brick by brick.
That process has already begun and the changes have been accelerated by the pandemic.

That is why Jesus asked is to pray for the Kingdom of God to come on earth.
The Kingdom will come when people build it, it won't magically appear.
Yes, it will be the end of this world as we know it and it will be a whole new beginning.

“This is the Day in which God’s most excellent favors have been poured out upon men, the Day in which His most mighty grace hath been infused into all created things. It is incumbent upon all the peoples of the world to reconcile their differences, and, with perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-kindness. It behoveth them to cleave to whatsoever will, in this Day, be conducive to the exaltation of their stations, and to the promotion of their best interests. Happy are those whom the all-glorious Pen was moved to remember, and blessed are those men whose names, by virtue of Our inscrutable decree, We have preferred to conceal.

Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 6-7

I believe that eternal life is another matter which is related to the immortality of the spirit in the next world, although we can also have eternal life in this world if we are close to God.

When Jesus referred to eternal life, but He was not referring to physical life of the body. He was referring a quality of life, spiritual life, loving God and being close to God, and we can have eternal life both in this world and in the next world (the spiritual world).

All the verses below refer to eternal life of the soul, not life of the physical body.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

All souls continue to exist in the spiritual world after the body dies but not all souls have eternal life (everlasting life). Eternal life refers to a “quality” of life, nearness to God which, according to Jesus, comes from believing in Him.

“The immortality of the spirit is mentioned in the Holy Books; it is the fundamental basis of the divine religions. Now punishments and rewards are said to be of two kinds: first, the rewards and punishments of this life; second, those of the other world. But the paradise and hell of existence are found in all the worlds of God, whether in this world or in the spiritual heavenly worlds. Gaining these rewards is the gaining of eternal life. That is why Christ said, “Act in such a way that you may find eternal life, and that you may be born of water and the spirit, so that you may enter into the Kingdom.” 2Some Answered Questions, p. 223

“Likewise, the rewards of the other world are the eternal life which is clearly mentioned in all the Holy Books, the divine perfections, the eternal bounties and everlasting felicity….The rewards of the other world are peace, the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God in the world of eternity.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 224-225

Those people who are distant from God do not have eternal life, although their soul continues to exist in the spiritual world after their physical body dies.

“In the same way, the souls who are veiled from God, although they exist in this world and in the world after death, are, in comparison with the holy existence of the children of the Kingdom of God, nonexisting and separated from God.” Some Answered Questions, p. 243

I believe the earth can't be rebuilt because it has not yet been destroyed.

I believe the Kingdom goes where the King, Jesus goes. For it to come Jesus must come.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe the earth can't be rebuilt because it has not yet been destroyed.

I believe the Kingdom goes where the King, Jesus goes. For it to come Jesus must come.
I believe you have misinterpreted the Bible which has led to false beliefs.
There is nothing in the Bible that says the earth will be destroyed.
The correct translation is end of an age, not end of the world.
Jesus never said He was coming back to earth, He said He wasn't.
Jesus never claimed to be a King, He denied it when He said why He really came into the world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”