• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many Mansions in the afterlife

ArtieE

But to give a better answer than that, for myself, I have always spent a great deal of time striving to seek spiritual answers, not as a chore, but because I'm filled with a burning desire to understand the great question of WHY! WHY was life even created, WHY was the universe created? WHY so much strife? WHY are there evil people? The list is endless.
You left out the greatest question of all and the question I would like to have answered: WHY would there be a god instead of no god?

Last edited:

Shantanu

You just demonstrated that the Bible can't be the word of god. Either that, or God contradicts himself. Is Reincarnation In The Bible? Scripture Truth about Life After Death
Please read the Urantia Book and tell us if it is accurate or not. Home | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation
When I corresponded with Saguna God as Paramatma He never once contradicted Himself: I took what He told me at face value. He told me there was no such thing as sanatan dharma or eternal duties and righteous actions.

ArtieE

When I corresponded with Saguna God as Paramatma He never once contradicted Himself: I took what He told me at face value. He told me there was no such thing as sanatan dharma or eternal duties and righteous actions.
Does that mean you are contradicting the god of Ancient Soul?

Shantanu

Read post 84! There he says "God created the original souls eons ago." and so forth. Now, does what he says in post 84 correspond with what your Saguna God said?!
Saguna God directed me to resist persecution with measures to restore my reputation.

Shantanu

Is that the same god Ancient Soul is talking about or a different one? If it's the same, is what Saguna God says to Ancient Soul correct?
I do not believe any other person on Earth has had access to the Saguna God I experienced.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
You left out the greatest question of all and the question I would like to have answered: WHY would there be a god instead of no god?

And there you go, now THAT would be an excellent driving force for YOU to start out on your own spiritual path to find out the answer to that.

I wish you well on your journey!

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Saguna God directed me to resist persecution with measures to restore my reputation.

Thank you!

I do not like his trying to start a conflict by using my beliefs against yours without my consent, which he does NOT. I have no quarrel with you and want to keep it that way.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, people might see the "god" or religious figure of their beliefs during an NDE, but I doubt that will be the case if they pass their final judgment and get to enter the spiritual universe or "afterlife".

As to being greeted in the "afterlife" by the "god" or religious figure of their beliefs, I seriously doubt it. For by the time they have spiritually evolved enough to pass their "final" judgment, they should already have enough spiritual experience and understanding to have dropped all of the false man made "god" constructs.
I still do not know what you mean by “final judgment.”
That, and they should also be in full accord with the True God's nature, laws, and plan for ALL souls, so they can "hit the ground running" in taking their chosen part in helping out ALL of the souls still in the physical universe/realm, or a few other specialized assignments. So I just don't see how it would work out that they would still be admitted into the spiritual universe/realm clinging to a false religious beliefs that has nothing to do with what I just described.
I agree that they should be in full accord with the True God's nature, laws, and plan for ALL souls, so they can take their chosen part in helping out ALL of the souls still in the physical universe/realm. That is all in accord with my religious beliefs. Did it ever occur to you that there could be True religious beliefs? How can anyone know the True God's nature, laws, and plan for ALL souls without a religion?
Well, we ALL have our beliefs or atheist non-beliefs on spiritual matters and the "afterlife". It's just the insanely off base man made religions/mythologies that I have a problem with, and try my best to make them understand that they have been led astray and WHY this is so.

But those who actually WORK to seek spiritual understand and use their rational thinking, being able to compare what they believe with what they know about the world around them to see if their beliefs fit or not, and keep on CHANGING their beliefs as new information and/or experiences comes to light, or drop some beliefs that do not fit somehow, it is they who will make the greatest progress.
I agree with that.
Try duct tape, that fixes everything except stupid people.
Unfortunately I have a stupid person I am dealing with and only a good attorney will fix him. Unfortunately, that is a lot more expensive than a roll of duct tape.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's what I get for assuming things and thought it was already understood. Everything I state on spiritual matters comes from my own spiritual experiences, my understandings gained from them, or was imparted to me by God in response to my questions. It all depends upon how much time I have and the depth of understanding required, on which method is used.

I beg to differ, but after I posted a question on what religious beliefs you held, I noticed it was right there in your profile. And I make a distinction between "religion" and a "spiritual teachings", so after checking it out a little I would call your beliefs more in the "spiritual teachings" category.
So you do not think any religion can have valuable spiritual teachings? You might have gotten your information through NDEs or other spiritual experiences, but what about everyone else? How are they going to find God’s Truth?
I can see that you are quite set on believing that you only get one lifetime shot at passing or failing God's judgment, so I'll leave it at that. I pick my battles, and it's the ones like the Christians who are WAY off base and need some serious correcting that I willingly battle with. You seem to be doing fine on your own and I like you, so I'll not belabor the point.
So do you believe in reincarnation? What is the basis for that belief?
On one hand I thank God for every single minute of every single day. I fully savor the feel of the hot sun, the wind, the cold, the beauty of the clouds, sunrises, sunsets, forests, the feelings of friendships, of doing things, even enduring hardships, so long as I can crawl away and see another day, I'm HAPPY!

On the other, this physical life seems dull and boring overall compared to my spiritual experiences in the spiritual universe/realm which are beyond vivid and even mesmerizing at times. So I long to be there.
I have moments of spiritual happiness but happiness derived from anything in this physical world completely eludes me. I enjoy animals and nature but my beloved cats are a double-edged sword because they get sick and die. What kind of a loving God would create a storehouse of suffering like this world? I don’t know. I have no idea what people are all excited about in this life. I guess their lives went better than mine did. Indeed, it is the luck of the draw, fate.

I have never derived much enjoyment out of this life and I do not expect that to change. I do not look forward to the afterlife either, because I have no way to know it will be any better, even though I believe that it will.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh boy!

NOW you got me started!

Oh sure the Christians falsely CLAIM their "god" is all "loving", but that's just because they want to deceive others so they can convert them. But the whole premise of their mythology is based upon their "god" being full of wrath, vengeance, hatred, unfairness, horrific cruelty, etc, who will torture everyone who does not blindly in the Jesus myth thru-out all of eternity. Now while this is all just designed as a punishment to reward brainwashing system, it is a slander to the True God that I have met. That, and it turns people away from ever seeking to understanding God in the first place. So it prevents people from ever even starting out on ANY spiritual path in the first place.

Here are some verses of the evilness of their "god":

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"Leave alive nothing that breathes. Show them no mercy." [Deut. 7:2]

"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]

"The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and *** .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

And there's LOTS more verses detailing the evilness of their "god".

I mean seriously, I find that sickening. Their "god" demanding that even innocent little children, women, animals, even unborn babies be cut out of the womb, all because their "god" flies into a rage over something one or a few people have done to anger him!
And the Lord says....... Oh please, do you really believe those Bible verses represent anything God or did? :rolleyes: I can certainly understand why it would bother you if you believed that. I do not believe any of it.
I also have a problem with the fact that it snares up way too many people into a spiritually void mythology and therefore derails them from their assigned spiritual path. Telling them that they no longer have to DO anything to EARN their way into "Heaven", that by just believing in the "Jesus" myth they get a free pass into "Heaven". Worse, many think that gives them a blank check to "sin" all they want and they STILL get their free pass into "Heaven".

They are also made to believe that they get "bonus points", a "Heavenly reward", if they can convert and get others brainwashed into their religion also. So it's an ever increasing number of people who are led astray into spiritual emptiness and think they can "sin" all they want and STILL get into "Heaven".
I am certainly with you on all of this... I think that Christian doctrines are detestable, telling people they do not have to DO anything to get to heaven, disgusting. And that they can sin away and still make it to heaven. There are no words. All this certainly does derail them from any spiritual path. It is all about getting to heaven for free.