• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Managing Attachments"

This thread almost made me vomit.

Do we really need to be spiritual and have long winded discussions about this? You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that you should manage what you're attached to. I don't need anyone to tell or help me realize I should become unattached to a girl who is cheating, or that I shouldn't get hooked on nicotine. I can't stand people who need to meditate and become spiritual to realize the obvious.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Do we really need to be spiritual and have long winded discussions about this?
Apparently yes.

You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that you should manage what you're attached to.
Or perhaps pretty stupid to think that you can manage what you're attached to.

I can't stand people who need to meditate and become spiritual to realize the obvious.
And your purpose in joining in this long-winded discussion?

doppelgänger;1404990 said:
Apparently yes.

Or perhaps pretty stupid to think that you can manage what you're attached to.

And your purpose in joining in this long-winded discussion?

I can manage what I am attached to. I have in the past, and I continue to do so. It's not hard to figure out what attachments are good and bad for you in your life, and I do a fine enough job getting close and distancing myself from certain attachments when it's good to do either one. I don't need spiritual enlightenment to tell me that I shouldn't get addicted to World of Warcraft.

I never said I was joining in. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

doppelganger

I can manage what I am attached to. I have in the past, and I continue to do so. It's not hard to figure out what attachments are good and bad for you in your life, and I do a fine enough job getting close and distancing myself from certain attachments when it's good to do either one. I don't need spiritual enlightenment to tell me that I shouldn't get addicted to World of Warcraft.
Until you're addicted to World of Warcraft. One needn't manage attachments one doesn't have. You've rather missed the point of this discussion I suspect based on the examples you're providing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I never said I was joining in. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

You appear to be attached to a need to proselytize your obvious superiority. That's odd for a masochist, isn't it?

doppelgänger;1405008 said:
Until you're addicted to World of Warcraft. One needn't manage attachments one doesn't have. You've rather missed the point of this discussion I suspect based on the examples you're providing.

I was addicted to it for about 2 weeks and realized how stupid it was...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
doppelgänger;1405005 said:
It might be if you started pouring that cup of hot tea onto your own lap. Give it a try.

I'll certainly take that under consideration. :)

doppelganger

I was addicted to it for about 2 weeks and realized how stupid it was...
Well then, why do we have alchol and drug treatment centers, and obesity, and a 300,000 smoking-related deaths a year? Or child abuse or rape or suicide?

You should be out there telling everyone that they are doing stupid things so they can instantly quit being so stupid. Go get 'em tiger!

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
This thread almost made me vomit./quote]What I do about threads I find distasteful or uninteresting is, I don't participate in them.

This thread almost madDo we really need to be spiritual and have long winded discussions about this? You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that you should manage what you're attached to. I don't need anyone to tell or help me realize I should become unattached to a girl who is cheating, or that I shouldn't get hooked on nicotine. I can't stand people who need to meditate and become spiritual to realize the obvious.
I don't think the thread topic is as obvious to you as you think it is.