• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Man was created in the image of G-d'

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
'Man was created in the image of G-d'.
The G-d that is the likeness of man is Jesus, not an "invisible' god.

Jesus is The Creator G-d.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, man was created in the image of God and whoever else was around before the fall. So, humanity as we know it need no necessarily be the form we see today. It is also worth knowing that Jesus was not around or even thought up at the time Genesis was written. Further, God said "let us make man in our image", implying others were around who may have been humanoid physically.

Pretty flawed statement.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
'Man was created in the image of G-d'.
The G-d that is the likeness of man is Jesus, not an "invisible' god.

Jesus is The Creator G-d.

It says humans - were created in the image of Elohiym, both male and female.

Is Jesus a hermaphrodite?

Just kidding. LOL! No Jesus in Tanakh.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Are we talking about Gozer the Traveler? My sources inform me that he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. For example, during the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If I remember correctly, man was created in the image of God and whoever else was around before the fall. So, humanity as we know it need no necessarily be the form we see today. It is also worth knowing that Jesus was not around or even thought up at the time Genesis was written. Further, God said "let us make man in our image", implying others were around who may have been humanoid physically.

Pretty flawed statement.

You don't think it would be a little odd for that vagueness in The Bible? I agree that not everything is literal in Scripture, but if we assume that much metaphor etc. then what exactly can we tell with certainty.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The way I understand it is that it's referring to our souls/minds. We are capable of self-awareness, abstract thought and free will as God is. It's not talking about our bodies.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The way I understand it is that it's referring to our souls/minds. We are capable of self-awareness, abstract thought and free will as God is. It's not talking about our bodies.

Oh, you mean 'in the image of'. The thing is, perhaps we should be ascribing those qualities to Deity that resembles us more. it's a tricky question.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I didn't realize that the Bible was the topic. My bad.

I'm not sure what you mean. if you use the word "imagine" it evokes the idea that we aren't dealing with real Deity. If, as you seem to be, saying 'does it matter' because of Deity sameness, I'm not sure what the answer to that would be. Since I agree with Deity sameness, I guess we agree.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean. if you use the word "imagine" it evokes the idea that we aren't dealing with real Deity. If, as you seem to be, saying 'does it matter' because of Deity sameness, I'm not sure what the answer to that would be. Since I agree with Deity sameness, I guess we agree.

I just thought the topic was Deity, rather than the Bible.

Deity that is "invisible" would be squarely imagined. And Deity that is a man, as Jesus was, would be imagined (because "man" is the obvious form).

It just seems we're comparing oranges and oranges and concluding oranges.