• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man shows up to site of Santa Fe High School shooting with American flag, Trump hat and gun

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You got a guy in a Trump hat, with a U.S. flag saying a Trump catch phrase "make America great again" - it just seems a little too perfect.
Don't you remember when it got somebody into the White House about a year ago?
How perfect was that?

Of course it very well could have been some random idiot but it was reported that he was openly armed which also raises a red flag for me.
Why do openly armed people raise a red flag for you sometimes, but not always?

I would expect that shortly after a shooting if a non L.E. person shows up nearby with a gun that police would stop and question them which would then reveal the persons name.
Where's his 2nd Amendment rights?

Links.
I demand links!
You need yet another link to the ouster of Trump appointee Flynn? Who not only colluded with Russians, but lied about having done so.

The question is not "Was there collusion with the Russians? "
It's" Did the collusion with the Russians rise to the level of actionable crimes, like treason? "
Tom

Phantasman

I don't have a gun. I feel just fine and secure. Maybe in the movies it's the way of the world, but in reality there is no evidence to support your claim.

The collusion has definitely been confirmed. It must take a monumental amount of cognitive dissonance to think that indictments, plea bargains, and at least one guilty plea means nothing. It's just a matter of Mueller figuring out who all was involved and who all knew about it.
I don't have guns either. But if violence hits closer to home, it's nice to know I can at least even the odds by owning one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You need yet another link to the ouster of Trump appointee Flynn? Who not only colluded with Russians, but lied about having done so.
Let's just say that your slightly partisan interpretation of events in the news
is less than convincing when claiming that collusion has been established.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Let's just say that your slightly partisan interpretation of events in the news
is less than convincing when claiming that collusion has been established.
Interpretation?
True or false:
Flynn had conversation with Russians that he later lied about under oath.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's a low standard of proof.
No link to an objective verification of collusion then, eh?
The president appoints someone, who he has been warned against, and it turns out the guy really did lie.

What is it that you want proof of, exactly? Flynn colluded with the Russians, that is a known fact. Trump was warned against appointing him for that reason. That's another known fact. Trump did anyway, that's a known fact.
The only real questions left are about why Trump and Flynn did what they did.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The president appoints someone, who he has been warned against, and it turns out the guy really did lie.

What is it that you want proof of, exactly? Flynn colluded with the Russians, that is a known fact. Trump was warned against appointing him for that reason. That's another known fact. Trump did anyway, that's a known fact.
The only real questions left are about why Trump and Flynn did what they did.
Tom
Any links for your "known facts"?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Post edited.
Oh?
Repeal the Second Amendment? Almost Half of Democrats Say Yes | National Review
http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/02/left-will-finally-admit-want-repeal-second-amendment/

Boulder City Council Unanimously Votes To Ban Assault Weapons, High-Capacity Magazines
katu.com/news/investigators/ceasefire-oregon-nra-agree-assault-weapons-ban-would-bar-nearly-all-semi-automatic-sales

Want to change your statement "Again, no ones talking about getting rid of any gun." or are you going to do your usual song and dance?
The usual song and dance where I refer to what people actually say? Yep. Banning assault weapons =/= "getting rid of any gun" nor does repealing the second ammendment.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yep. But that's just the way of the world.
Not for the billions of people who feel perfectly adequately "in control" without being armed. But whatever. I'm not going to prise you free from your bunker mentality with facts and logic. If a firearm makes you feel magically "in control", I'm not trying to take that away from you. I would like to suggest some healthier alternatives, but they'd only be misconstrued, so whatever.

Kangaroo Feathers

Why that would be impossible. Dem liberats would never stoop to such a thing just to make Trump supporters look bad.
The hillarious thing to me is that if this clown had been wearing a Hillary hat, you would be outraged at the mere suggestion it was a Trump supporter trying to make Democrats look bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The hillarious thing to me is that if this clown had been wearing a Hillary hat, you would be outraged at the mere suggestion it was a Trump supporter trying to make Democrats look bad.
Think of it as special operations for the politically extreme in attempts to seed discord and sway public opinion.

Just entertaining plausibility. "0)

tytlyf

Not Religious
I don't know about you guys, but I have zero trust in strangers using weapons properly in public.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Why do openly armed people raise a red flag for you sometimes, but not always?
Where's his 2nd Amendment rights?

Considering that particular situation (I.E. just after a school shooting) it shouldn't be that hard to figure out Tom.

Phantasman

Not for the billions of people who feel perfectly adequately "in control" without being armed. But whatever. I'm not going to prise you free from your bunker mentality with facts and logic. If a firearm makes you feel magically "in control", I'm not trying to take that away from you. I would like to suggest some healthier alternatives, but they'd only be misconstrued, so whatever.
I see it as an "opened" statement. If you read this, you can see what I mean:

Would this bill in Congress ban all semi-automatic weapons?

OK. So if this passes, it's a start. Since there are changing definitions on what an "assault weapon" is, it opens the door to taking whatever an assault weapon is defined as by Government. AK47's are now assault weapons. As well as pistols with more than 10 rounds to a clip. And shotguns with a clip. Etc, etc. The AKs were used in some assaults that resulted in multiple deaths. So banning them does what? It makes a perpetrator use two guns like the latest school attack. A pistol and a shotgun.

If AKs become illegal to buy, and idiots start using shotguns and pistols, and the death rate is just as high, then where is this gun control thing going?

Maybe the safety of multiple deaths comes from only having muzzle loaders which the forefathers had when writing the second amendment. The people would still have guns, but no match for an anarchic government, or those who refuse the law or enter the country illegally (with assault weapons).

It's a path my children and grandchildren will have to face. There were plenty of guns around when I was in school. Even knives brought to school. The killings of today has nothing to do with guns. It comes down to the system that has changed and how our children are raised (in beliefs).

Technology is our greatest achievement yet is also our greatest enemy. The (physical) gun is not the problem. The (spiritual) mind (or lack of one) is.

IMO.