• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man accused of circumcising 2-year-old daughter

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
What if it is for religious practices?
The circumcision of male is the sign of the covenant of Abraham. I was circumcised for this reason?

I respect that this is a religious practice also but wasn't it painful? What is the religious significance?

astarath

The practice is painful but is done on the eigth day following birth...so the child will not remember the pain. It's significance is God chose the people of Abraham as the nation of Israel. The circumcision is the mark of his covenant and a way for the parents to show they wish their child to be of God's nation.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
The practice is painful but is done on the eigth day following birth...so the child will not remember the pain. It's significance is God chose the people of Abraham as the nation of Israel. The circumcision is the mark of his covenant and a way for the parents to show they wish their child to be of God's nation.

The child will still experience the pain though. If a parent belonging to your religion chooses to not have his/her son circumcized to prevent the child from enduring the pain, will God be angry? What about if someone is circumcized and lives a bad life by hurting others, despising God etc. but another man who is not circumcized but lives a good life, obeys God's rules etc. who will God favour? Do you think that it is most important what we have in our hearts because God wants our love? God knows the hearts of his devotees. I truly don't mean to offend you. You seem like a very kind-hearted person. I'm just discussing ok. :) Also, it is God who designed little boys with this foreskin. Perhaps God put it there for a purpose. God is already inside each one of us regardless of circumcision. Again, all due respect to you and your religion. I am not criticizing. I'm just trying to discuss. Thank you. :)

astarath

Does devotion to God never hurt? Yes devotion to God may hurt but as it is a pain that the child will not remember and the action will label him a child of God for all time this is the sacrifice God requests as a sign of this covenant.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
What if it is for religious practices?
The circumcision of male is the sign of the covenant of Abraham. I was circumcised for this reason?
I don't support it ever when it is done without consent- and yeah, circumcision part of my religion, too.

If the kid grows up and wants to get it done, then good for him. Chopping off a infant's genitals is digusting.

astarath

you are not chopping of genitals in any way. You are removing a small section of the foreskin.

For me this sacrifice is nothing compared to the one that was asked of Christ and so I choose to follow it as a sign of devotion. If they choose to do it when they are older they will most certainly remember the pain more so than if they are 8 days old!!! Furthermore we are told that at 8 days old we are to do it. This wasnt a question of if you wanted to but rather God says to.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
astarath said:
Does devotion to God never hurt? Yes devotion to God may hurt but as it is a pain that the child will not remember and the action will label him a child of God for all time this is the sacrifice God requests as a sign of this covenant.

To me devotion to God doesn't hurt. Can parents choose not to have their son circumcized?

astarath

they can but in doing so they commit an act of sin becausing they are going against the will of God.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I am not condoning forced circumcision. I am stating it is nowhere as evil as female circumcision.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
you are not chopping of genitals in any way. You are removing a small section of the foreskin.
You MULTILATING the genitals of someone else's body that you have absolutely no right to. This is assault.

I don't care how much or how little is taken off- if someone cut off my pinky and said to be grateful if it wasn't my whole hand I'd be not be thankful for just missing a pinky.

For me this sacrifice is nothing compared to the one that was asked of Christ and so I choose to follow it as a sign of devotion. If they choose to do it when they are older they will most certainly remember the pain more so than if they are 8 days old!!! Furthermore we are told that at 8 days old we are to do it. This wasnt a question of if you wanted to but rather God says to.

I can see the historical reasons for circumcision (cleaniness was not back then as it is now) and now circumscision is, at best, an outdated practice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually the same can happen, there are a large group of men whos 'head' (for lack of a better word) has become de-sensatised due to circumcision.
But it's rare that a male would lose sensation from circumcision. With a female circumcision, it becomes a garaunteed thing that they will not experience an orgasm.

I am against all forms of circumcision, BTW. I strongly agree that is mutilation.

You MULTILATING the genitals of someone else's body that you have absolutely no right to. This is assault.
Legally speaking, it would be considered battery.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
omg i hadn't seen this thread before and wish i never had.

sick, perverse, disgusting, horrible, worthy of a death sentence is all i can think other than the stream of bad words coming out of my mouth when i read that...

dear god please can't you just kill ppl like this monster????

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
astarath said:

Which is where the most sensitive pleasure centers are located on the penis. How can anyone support that?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Luke Wolf said:
But it's rare that a male would lose sensation from circumcision. With a female circumcision, it becomes a garaunteed thing that they will not experience an orgasm.

The foreskin has the highest concentration of nerve endings on the male genetalia.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
MaddLlama said:
The foreskin has the highest concentration of nerve endings on the male genetalia.

That's right. I've often thanked god for my doctor who told my parents that it was an unnecessary, unwarranted, and cruel procedure. Frubals to him, wherever he is!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Radio Frequency X said:
That's right. I've often thanked god for my doctor who told my parents that it was an unnecessary, unwarranted, and cruel procedure. Frubals to him, wherever he is!

Penn and Teller's show did an episode on it too.

Dr. Nosophoros

What gives anyone the right to cut anything off of anyones body when they can give no consent?

That I feel is the real question.

If "God" wanted you to have this or that, obviously he made you born with it, is one not playing "God"? -Mutilation in the name of God!