• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man accused of circumcising 2-year-old daughter

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
How could anyone do this to a child? :mad:

Prosecutors say Adem used scissors to remove his daughter’s clitoris in their apartment in 2001.

“He said he wanted to preserve her virginity,” Fortunate Adem, the girl’s mother, testified this week. “He said it was the will of God. I became angry in my mind. I thought he was crazy.”
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15447708/

Random

tlcmel said:
Someone needs to cut off his you know what!!!!!!:(

I'll second that. Female genital mutilation is also practiced in some non-African countries too, like Indonesia. It is very traumatic and an act of cruelty and barbarism against a defenceless child. Disgusting. :mad:

Hacker

Godlike said:
I'll second that. Female genital mutilation is also practiced in some non-African countries too, like Indonesia. It is very traumatic and an act of cruelty and barbarism against a defenceless child. Disgusting. :mad:
You second that? Good.:)
I didn't know if I was being a lil to harsh or not but I really meant that!

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Terrible. :(

I just met a guy from Ethopia, I sort of want to ask him about FGM there. That would be an akward thing to bring up just yet, though, even with how shameless I am.

standing_alone

“He said he wanted to preserve her virginity,”

Well, someone should tell this <insert any random string of profanities here> that isn't the way to preserve virginity, for starters.

What that guy did is disgusting. I don't care if it's a part of a culture or not, some things just shouldn't be tolerated at all and I hope this <insert yet another random string of profanities here> is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

A

angellous_evangellous

standing_alone said:
Yeah.

Too bad no one attempted to preserve his virginity. What some backwards <random profanities, again>. :verymad:

He'll be wishing for his virginity when he gets to prison... in the short time before they kill him for what he's done.

ayani

angellous_evangellous said:
He'll be wishing for his virginity when he gets to prison... in the short time before they kill him for what he's done.

dang... i don't see how he's going to avoid being brutalized in prison for this.

i still can't really bring myself to *think about* what he did. it's unthinkable.

ayani

Radio Frequency X said:
They do it to boys too at every major hospital in America. *shrugs*

to preserve their virginity? with scissors? while their parent looks on in horror?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Lawrenceville, GA is right down the street from me :eek: and home to a LOT of immigrants. This story is extremely sick, but we hear similar tales of "that's how we do it back in MY country" all the time. I know "When in Rome do as the Romans do" is an age old expression, but it would be helpful if some people who come to this country learned it.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Radio Frequency X said:
They do it to boys too at every major hospital in America. *shrugs*
I think that having a doctor removing foreskin from a male infant, is a hell of a lot different than cutting off a two year old child's clitoris with a pair of household scissors. The only comparable thing would be if the boy had the tip of his penis removed. I am sorry for the graphic nature of this post, but I think we should be very clear on this point. The circumcision of the male infant, and this act of barbarity called female circumcision (it should be called female butchery), have zero in common.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I think that having a doctor removing foreskin from a male infant, is a hell of a lot different than cutting off a two year old child's clitoris with a pair of household scissors. The only comparable thing would be if the boy had the tip of his penis removed. I am sorry for the graphic nature of this post, but I think we should be very clear on this point. The circumcision of the male infant, and this act of barbarity called female circumcision (it should be called female butchery), have zero in common.

They have a lot in common. They are both barbaric, multilation, outdated, not medically sound, and deny the child their right to their genitals.