• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man accused of circumcising 2-year-old daughter

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The foreskin has the highest concentration of nerve endings on the male genetalia.
Yeah, I guess I should have worded that "completly loses."

Personally, I think no child should be circumcised. If they want it later for religious reasons, or whatever, then do it when they are a consenting adult. Pain is still pain if it's remembered or not.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I don't really understand the point of doing it for religious purposes. I was told (since I am not Jewish, or a man) that circumcision is so when you die, God knows you're "of the chosen people". If God already knows everything about you, because he's watching you all the time, why do you need to cut off part of your genitals to prove something to him?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
But it's rare that a male would lose sensation from circumcision. With a female circumcision, it becomes a garaunteed thing that they will not experience an orgasm.

It is not a sure thing they will never experience orgasm. Clitoral orgasms are the most common, but it's not like that's the only way a woman can orgasm.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
jamaesi said:
It is not a sure thing they will never experience orgasm. Clitoral orgasms are the most common, but it's not like that's the only way a woman can orgasm.

But we can all agree, that while ALL circumcisions are wrong, female circumcisions tend to be a more egregious act of mutilation? That, at least, seems to be the consensus of this thread.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
But we can all agree, that while ALL circumcisions are wrong, female circumcisions tend to be a more egregious act of mutilation? That, at least, seems to be the consensus of this thread.

Oh I certainly agree with that. :p

Both this act and some of the comments reaffirm the fact that the female genitals are a very misunderstood and mysterious thing.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
jamaesi said:

True that.

Radio Frequency X said:

True that too.

God made us with our genitals in tact and then some people think that God wants us to cut off parts. Then why didn't God bring us into the world without those irrelavent parts?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Radio Frequency X said:
Here are the instruments used in male circumcision. It's just barbaric.

RFX, I didn't look at all the pics, the first few, especially the ones with the babies made me cry. I'm going to say something and I'm sorry if I will offend anyone but this is just my opinion. I don't have any babies but if I did and if I belonged to a religion that stated that my child would have to endure THAT, I would say - God I love my baby and don't want my child to go through this pain, I will take whatever sin, if any - upon my OWN head; let God punish me. However in my heart I know that God would understand my feelings. How could he not? God is a God of love. He doesn't want to see his children suffering, moreover for little defenseless babies.

P.S. - "barbaric" is an understatement. There is no word to describe it.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Hema said:
RFX, I didn't look at all the pics, the first few, especially the ones with the babies made me cry. I'm going to say something and I'm sorry if I will offend anyone but this is just my opinion. I don't have any babies but if I did and if I belonged to a religion that stated that my child would have to endure THAT, I would say - God I love my baby and don't want my child to go through this pain, I will take whatever sin, if any - upon my OWN head; let God punish me. However in my heart I know that God would understand my feelings. How could he not? God is a God of love. He doesn't want to see his children suffering, moreover for little defenseless babies.

I agree entirely. Thankfully my faith requires nothing of the kind, but if it did I would refuse and search for God somewhere else. And I do have children, one of each sex. Nothing could convince me to voluntarily harm either of them in any way.

James

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Hema said:

I've got three links up there and the pictures are graphic, but hopefully they'll remove the all doubt from those who remain unconvinced.