• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

making a living from a message?

MNoBody

many artists use the medium of their art to promote their vision, their message to the world through this vehicle [their art] which as an artifact, can be shared and people will perhaps value [if they are any good that is]......
this differs qualitatively in substance compared to the offerings of public speakers who make no art in fact,
merely expositor's....if it was done as a play or theatrically or as comedic bit, then it would possibly have merit,
but mere public exposition has lost its luster as artistic currency and has become as cliche as the guy walking around with the end is nigh signboard. one needs be more creative. as G&R put it ...use yer illusion.

Just to clarify: I don't ask for money in exchange for what I say, I would never ask money for it

Don’t worry, I am not judging you, or anyone else. :)

But, I think it would be good if the message Jesus declared, would be freely to everyone.

Clara Tea

Reverend Schuller went door to door to advertise his drive-in-theater ministry (when movies weren't playing). This was the way ministries were suppose to be run.

Then Reverend Schuller built the Crystal Cathedral, asking for donations, but not telling the donors that it was his personal property, not the church's property. It later sold for $57.5 million. The poor were excluded, and the rich were encouraged.

United Airlines flight attendant, Khaled Elabiad, had a dispute with Schuller about almost wrinkling his blue robe. "Enraged Schuller grabbed and shook Elabiad." Later, he blamed the stewardess, claiming that people attack him when they see his blue robe.

In another incident, Schuller said that the cop that gave him a ticket for speeding was Satan trying to hurt him.

At some point, ministries are about the money (mammon) and not about service to God.

Jesus railed against a church for having fancy trinkets and not ministering to the poor and sick.

Do the Christians know what message Jesus had from G-d, please?
Had they known, they would have not been Christians anymore, I understand? Right, please?...

The message is in the Bible, so I think they should know. Christian means a disciple of Jesus, and a disciple of Jesus is a person who remains in the words of Jesus.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The message is in the Bible, so I think they should know. Christian means a disciple of Jesus, and a disciple of Jesus is a person who remains in the words of Jesus.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32
Does it contain any Message from God-the-Father, please? I don't see it there. Right, please?

Regards

Does it contain any Message from God-the-Father, please? I don't see it there. Right, please?

What Jesus said, is from God, if we believe what Jesus says in the Bible:

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.
John 7:16-17

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

What Jesus said, is from God, if we believe what Jesus says in the Bible:

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.
John 7:16-17

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50
  1. It is not first person narrative from God-the-Father. Right, please?
  2. It is a third person narrative by John, a sinful scribe/narrator, neither written by Jesus nor dictated to John by Jesus. Right, please?
  3. It does not fulfil the requirement of the reasonable Religious Method, please. Right, please?

Regards

Last edited: