• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Main Stream Media Dying....Independent Media is the Future

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Has anyone else been keeping up with what is happening with independent media? Anyone watching Breaking Points on YouTube?
For a long time I have been under the impression that the real issue with American politics (and our government in general) is the ruling class of wealthy elites are completely destroying the American dream in order to get richer and more powerful. I have thought for a long time that if you want to pull the wool over peoples eyes, all you have to do is get them to fight amongst themselves - while you pick their pockets.

This what I see with mainstream media and the Republican and Democratic parties in general. To me, its disgusting. I mean choosing between a Hilary or a Donald Trump to lead America? What a nightmare. Anyway, Breaking Points is a YouTube channel with just two people, a Republican and a Democrat. There is no corporation behind it, they can and do say whatever they want. They tell it like it is. Finally, a place where you can get political news that points out the idiocy of the Republican party, right next to the idiocy of the Democratic party, and tries to focus our attention on the real issue. It's taking off and I think this country will be a better place if people drop the FOX News's and CNN's because it really isn't news. The courts have decided.

ecco

Veteran Member
Breaking Points is a YouTube channel with just two people, a Republican and a Democrat. There is no corporation behind it, they can and do say whatever they want. They tell it like it is. Finally, a place where you can get political news that points out the idiocy of the Republican party, right next to the idiocy of the Democratic party, and tries to focus our attention on the real issue. It's taking off and I think this country will be a better place if people drop the FOX News's and CNN's because it really isn't news.

Who holds them responsible? Why should I take the comments from two unknown talking heads over the comments of people (companies) with a long history that I can use to decide their honesty? QAnon is a media personality. Should I believe what he/she/they have to say?

The courts have decided.

Nah! You decided!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone else been keeping up with what is happening with independent media? Anyone watching Breaking Points on YouTube?
For a long time I have been under the impression that the real issue with American politics (and our government in general) is the ruling class of wealthy elites are completely destroying the American dream in order to get richer and more powerful. I have thought for a long time that if you want to pull the wool over peoples eyes, all you have to do is get them to fight amongst themselves - while you pick their pockets.

This what I see with mainstream media and the Republican and Democratic parties in general. To me, its disgusting. I mean choosing between a Hilary or a Donald Trump to lead America? What a nightmare. Anyway, Breaking Points is a YouTube channel with just two people, a Republican and a Democrat. There is no corporation behind it, they can and do say whatever they want. They tell it like it is. Finally, a place where you can get political news that points out the idiocy of the Republican party, right next to the idiocy of the Democratic party, and tries to focus our attention on the real issue. It's taking off and I think this country will be a better place if people drop the FOX News's and CNN's because it really isn't news. The courts have decided.
I think so called Main Stream media is already “dead.” Many zoomers and even millennials are getting their news from various online sources and have been for a while now. (Which is why every single news station now has apps, in order to try to compete.) The old news media is for older gens. At least that’s the impression I’ve gotten.
That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bipartisan sources though. Many media personalities, both your left and right, have been disseminating information with their flavour of political discourse. Whether or not that is a good thing? Ehhh, perhaps?
I do find your Right wing media personalities odd, though. Both the old guard and new. Strangely entertaining to watch (perhaps not in the way that’s intended.) But that might just be because I’m not American :shrug:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Ever since watching the Australian sitcom Frontline I know what the news is all about now.

Moonjuice

Who holds them responsible? Why should I take the comments from two unknown talking heads over the comments of people (companies) with a long history that I can use to decide their honesty?
Fair enough, that is a good point. I guess I understand why some people wouldn't take the time to check it out. Even though I know you are not actually interested (after all, you didn't bother watching the video explaining the court rulings), I figured I would elaborate a little for the benefit of anyone that is interested in exploring it. You want to know who holds independent media responsible? Their own integrity. That's the difference. Mainstream media had some integrity at one point, but that has all been pushed aside in the name of profit. Some media outlets are invested in feeding the one-sided propaganda machines (in order to make as much money as possible), some are interested in calling out the BS on both sides and offer alternative ideas.

If your heels are dug in on one side of the isle, then you definitely do not want to pay attention to independent media. For the rest of us, those who would love to see some actual change with regard to the American political landscape and the absolute division the media has helped cause, there are a few independent pollical news programs that are blowing up. In a very short time, these guys already have more viewers than political entertainment shows on CNN, MSNBC and FOX News. Most importantly, the audience is all of us - not one political party. There must be a reason for this. Of course, you would have to actually review the content in order to decide if you agree with it or not. OR...you can disagree with it before looking at it, which is exactly why CNN and FOX News and all the others have become what they have become. They prey on people who dismiss anything that is not on their "side" and feed them only the info needed to keep them engaged long enough to sell another ad impression.

Watch "the Social Dilemma" on Netflix if you want to learn how our attention is manipulated by media. It's mind boggling.

Jeremiah Ames

I occasionally have gone to a restaurant, and when I open the menu, absolutely nothing looks good

it is interesting though, that there is one item that is the best

if not, I suppose I could move to a restaurant with better choices, or stay home

Jeremiah Ames

i wonder if Maddow supported the people responsible for the attack on the capital?

just wondering

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Ever since watching the Australian sitcom Frontline I know what the news is all about now.

My goodness that brought back memories.....1994? Wowsers!....and its just got worse....not to mention the improvement in technology. :D How can anyone take the news media seriously? We now live in a world of "deep fakes" so that no video presentation can be trusted not to be manufactured lies.

I am waking up to news of an ongoing covid outbreak in Sydney and lockdowns again. But there is not a single mention of anyone needing to go to hospital...its just about counting cases....the majority of which are not more devastating than the seasonal flu.....scaring the soulcase out of people so that they will line up for their testing and get the jab.....with vaccines that no one has even proven to be safe yet.

Is anyone else a little skeptical about the scare tactics? There seems to be a bigger picture here....

Twilight Hue

My goodness that brought back memories.....1994? Wowsers!....and its just got worse....not to mention the improvement in technology. :D How can anyone take the news media seriously? We now live in a world of "deep fakes" so that no video presentation can be trusted not to be manufactured lies.

I am waking up to news of an ongoing covid outbreak in Sydney and lockdowns again. But there is not a single mention of anyone needing to go to hospital...its just about counting cases....the majority of which are not more devastating than the seasonal flu.....scaring the soulcase out of people so that they will line up for their testing and get the jab.....with vaccines that no one has even proven to be safe yet.

Is anyone else a little skeptical about the scare tactics? There seems to be a bigger picture here....
I agree. Deep fake technology is a reality now and I feel it's already being employed separating truth and fiction a daunting task.

Another serious concern comes directly from the exposure of Sinclair where even your local news is completely controlled by major players behind the scenes right down to every single and exact word that is spoken by the anchor.

Its not just the right doing it. It's essentally everyone.

None of it is conspiracy. It actually and already happened.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
its disgusting. I mean choosing between a Hilary or a Donald Trump to lead America?
What's wrong with Hillary outside of being in politics for decades? I have my fact-checker ready.

I voted for Hillary because it was the responsible choice.

Moonjuice

i wonder if Maddow supported the people responsible for the attack on the capital?

just wondering
Don’t think so, Maddow is a left wing talking head and the capital rioters where right wing radicals. That’s one if the points I found so interesting about the way Saagar presented the court findings. When the courts ruled on the right wing Fox News host, the left wrote a bunch of articles about it. When the courts ruled the same way on the left wing MSNBC host, you don’t hear a peep.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I agree. Deep fake technology is a reality now and I feel it's already being employed separating truth and fiction a daunting task.

Another serious concern comes directly from the exposure of Sinclair where even your local news is completely controlled by major players behind the scenes right down to every single and exact word that is spoken by the anchor.

Its not just the right doing it. It's essentally everyone.

None of it is conspiracy. It actually and already happened.
I agree. :(
You know my old grandmother always told me....
"believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"....well now you can't believe either...."deep fakes" are here and seeing is no longer believing. I feel for the 'sheeples'. They have been trained to trust a system that is not worthy of it.

Its a sick and sorry world we live in.....something's gotta give. Most of us are losing our memories, our hair is falling out and we are succumbing to auto immune disorders that the current medical professionals do not know how to treat. All their drugs do is make things worse. There has been talk of depopulating the world for decades....now I think we are seeing it. o_O

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched Krystal and Saagar on the rising for almost a year and half before they left the Hill. They're mostly great reporters who actively engage the information and don't overly spin things, though they are both modern progressives and you could definitely see that in their coverage.

Why should I take the comments from two unknown talking heads over the comments of people (companies) with a long history that I can use to decide their honesty?
They worked at the Hill for at least a couple of years, they've built up a pretty good reputation for honesty and non-partisanship especially among people who are discontent with the state of broadcast news.

Moonjuice

What's wrong with Hillary outside of being in politics for decades? I have my fact-checker ready.

I voted for Hillary because it was the responsible choice.
You have missed the entire point. It’s not about who is better, Hilary or Trump or Biden. It’s about the ruling class destroying our country. While they get richer and richer, the rest of the population becomes closer and closer to disaster. As long as they can convince us that one party is better than the other, they can collectively continue to do the same thing they always do. Look out for the 1% first and foremost, then feed us a bunch of hot air about what they think is best for the working class. Based on independent media like Breaking Points, this message is finally being discussed.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
"Independent Media" does not spontaneously rise from the ground as Divine Miracle. What you consider "independent" is in fact media that - instead of being part of a revenue model where successful content is directly rewarded with revenue, thus generating capital for further production of media content - is being supported by external business interests.

For example, a recent fairly popular geography-focused Youtube channel was revealed to have received substantial sponsorship from the PRC in order to produce content that was in line with PRC propaganda, such as e.g. a multi-part documentary exploring the question of "why is China so successful?"

The sad fact of the matter is that the kind of investigative journalism so many of us claim to want is actually fairly expensive and infrastructure intensive, while being neither particularly profitable for the actual journalists in question, nor particularly popular among their supporters, who tend to prefer if people told them what they were already convinced of.

Moonjuice

I watched Krystal and Saagar on the rising for almost a year and half before they left the Hill. They're mostly great reporters who actively engage the information and don't overly spin things, though they are both modern progressives and you could definitely see that in their coverage.

They worked at the Hill for at least a couple of years, they've built up a pretty good reputation for honesty and non-partisanship especially among people who are discontent with the state of broadcast news.
That’s where I found them too, after hearing them on Joe Rogan’s podcast. I love the fact that the left the Hill to go independent. They we’re already offering a fresh approach, but it sounds like they realized that if they work for an ad selling corporation, they really can’t be 100% honest. Though they both did say the Hill gave them an amazing amount of room.

tytlyf

Not Religious
It’s about the ruling class destroying our country.
That's why I don't vote Republican. Corporate control. Democrats aren't the same.
For Republicans, Corporate policy takes priority over worker policy.

I get my news from Diamond & Silk.

Twilight Hue

That's why I don't vote Republican. Corporate control. Democrats aren't the same.
For Republicans, Corporate policy takes priority over worker policy.

I get my news from Diamond & Silk.
Democrats are no more honest and truthful than Republicans are including the news sources.

There's no such thing as honest and accurate news anymore.

ecco

Veteran Member
I guess I understand why some people wouldn't take the time to check it out. Even though I know you are not actually interested (after all, you didn't bother watching the video explaining the court rulings),

Oh, was the video about court rulings? Looking at the picture on the video, one could surmise it was about two talking heads talking about other talking heads. If you want someone to look at a video, take the time to explain the content and how it supports your argument. Without that information from a poster, I never waste my time looking at YouTubes posted on RF.

You want to know who holds independent media responsible? Their own integrity.

Yeah. Independent or otherwise, all media claim they have integrity. Fox does. OANN does. Breitbart does. Limbaugh did.

Who holds CBS responsible? ABC, NBC and CNN. They are all very happy to point out when the other publishes false informtion.
Who holds N Y Times responsible? The Washington Post. Ditto he reasons.

None of the aforementioned ever bother to call out the likes of Fox or OANN or Britebart anymore. That would be a full time job.

Most importantly, the audience is all of us - not one political party.

How do you know who is in the audience? Who publishes that data?

They [MSM] prey on people who dismiss anything that is not on their "side" and feed them only the info needed to keep them engaged long enough to sell another ad impression.

Why does anyone watch Fox or CNN. I feel the information given on CNN is far more accurate than, for example, FOX. Why, because I occasionally tune in Fox. It isn't too long before, once again, I get disgusted with their lies.

There was distrust of the media on the part of the Conservative Right Wing for many years. This was stoked by the likes of Limbaugh. Trump came along and poured gasoline on the fire.